Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is Rush really that much smarter then Volker or Franklin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
    "synthesizing foodstuffs" you can do that?
    Depends. With access to the asgard core and stones then probably yes. The crew would be able to "destarch" about anything they found for carbs. The first planet they shoot a really big animal on they could cure, dry, grind for use in formulating foodstuffs and stretching crappy food. Think "dry dog food".
    Last edited by morrismike; 20 December 2011, 06:49 PM.

Comment

@morrismike
      to be fair to "Cloe, Wray" they both seemed to be pretty highly educated, but just in fields that wouldn't be much help surviving on a space ship
      that chart seems a bit low, I mean only 114 medical doctor, and my IQ is 130 and people have always told be it's only significantly above average, I find it hard to believe I'm equal to most Physicists
      also what occupation is "Philosophy"?
      General PHD.

Amount of education is meaningless, in real life Wray and Cloe would be just as useless. People choose fields based upon their inclinations. Have you ever met a smart politician? There is a reason they enter that field (dim witted, sleazy, etc.).

Why would you think a doctor would be high on the scale? They perform a vital service and those fields attract a disproportionate amount of "do gooders" vs. technically savvy folks. The "do gooders" are likely dragging the number down. 130 isn't that high, a significant portion of the population is dumber than dirt making it seem to be high. In real life physists, scientists, engineers are just regular people. For every 10,000 people with an IQ of 130 there are likely only a few with a potential to become a Tesla, Heaviside, Westinghouse, Edison, etc.

Comment

dupe post

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
          General PHD.

Amount of education is meaningless, in real life Wray and Cloe would be just as useless. People choose fields based upon their inclinations. Have you ever met a smart politician? There is a reason they enter that field (dim witted, sleazy, etc.).

Why would you think a doctor would be high on the scale? They perform a vital service and those fields attract a disproportionate amount of "do gooders" vs. technically savvy folks. The "do gooders" are likely dragging the number down. 130 isn't that high, a significant portion of the population is dumber than dirt making it seem to be high. In real life physists, scientists, engineers are just regular people. For every 10,000 people with an IQ of 130 there are likely only a few with a potential to become a Tesla, Heaviside, Westinghouse, Edison, etc.
          "General PHD", what about a "General PHD"?
          "Amount of education is meaningless" only above a curtain point, you have to be smart enough to actually get the degree
          "People choose fields based upon their inclinations" good
          "In real life physists, scientists, engineers are just regular people" if most of the world are dumb then a dumb person is a regular person

Comment

"General PHD", what about a "General PHD"?
            "Amount of education is meaningless" only above a curtain point, you have to be smart enough to actually get the degree
            "People choose fields based upon their inclinations" good
            "In real life physists, scientists, engineers are just regular people" if most of the world are dumb then a dumb person is a regular person
            No. There is a segment of society that doesn't apply itself and never bothered to learn anything in school. The average would be much higher than 100 if not for them. I would profess the average IQ for the opposite end of the scale that actually apply themselves is probably around 115 to 120. Getting an education isn't that hard and getting a PHD by no means qualifies one as a genius. Cloe and Wray are politicos which basically means they aren't fit for anything else.

Comment

No. There is a segment of society that doesn't apply itself and never bothered to learn anything in school. The average would be much higher than 100 if not for them. I would profess the average IQ for the opposite end of the scale that actually apply themselves is probably around 115 to 120. Getting an education isn't that hard and getting a PHD by no means qualifies one as a genius. Cloe and Wray are politicos which basically means they aren't fit for anything else.
              it's my understanding that IQs are designed to transcend education and other leaned things

"Cloe and Wray are politicos which basically means they aren't fit for anything else" you know it's that sort of attitude that prevents us from getting any good politicians

Comment

IQ determines intelligence, not knowledge. Schooling has very little to do with it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  IQ determines intelligence, not knowledge. Schooling has very little to do with it at all.
                  that's what I though

Comment

Volker and Franklin had never really the chance during the show to step up so we are not exactly sure how smart they were but they had to be very smart in order to get in the Stargate Program the first place.
                    sigpic

Comment

I would say yes, since he was essentially the backbone of the research into the ninth chevron. Beyond that he most likely has the greatest understanding of Destiny, how it functions, what it's doing, etc. I wouldn't say he's smarter than Eli in terms of IQ, but he's more "honed" than Eli for sure. Eli's knowledge and understanding is expended in many different directions, but Rush's is focused and directed to the mission at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
                        I would say yes, since he was essentially the backbone of the research into the ninth chevron. Beyond that he most likely has the greatest understanding of Destiny, how it functions, what it's doing, etc. I wouldn't say he's smarter than Eli in terms of IQ, but he's more "honed" than Eli for sure. Eli's knowledge and understanding is expended in many different directions, but Rush's is focused and directed to the mission at hand.
                        Rush is certainly more skilled about lying and misinformation.

Comment

A smart politician in other words! He knows what he wants and believes he's justified in using just about any means to get it because he thinks his cause is just. But he's a more complex personality than that and IMO the most interesting character in the entire franchise.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh dear. The average is 100 because that's the way the test has been set up. No matter what the average absolute level of intelligence would be, the average would always be 100.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              IQ does not determine intelligence, it measures it. Education can affect your intelligence, just as exercise affects your strength.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumIguana View Post
                                IQ does not determine intelligence, it measures it. Education can affect your intelligence, just as exercise affects your strength.
                                I agree, one can exercise the mind and grow throughout life.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X