• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rushy View Post
    I will never get to see SEASON 3!!!!
    I concur
    sigpic

Comment

I will never get to see a seed ship actually plant a stargate on a planet. Or the support network that *must* be in place to keep the gate planting operation going. Nor will I get to see the follow up seed ships that seed the MW / Pegasus gates.

Most importantly, I will never get to see what these bad boys are for:

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Volker View Post
        What wasn't wrong with Ginn? So wrong for Eli.
        Actually I really liked her. Not only did I think she was right for Eli (better than chloe who he was clearly hung up on) but I also thought she was a babe!

Comment

What an awful tragedy that this show was canceled after the 2nd season. It had SO MUCH going for it. I blame it on the adolescent SG-1 viewers who were ticked off that they didn't have their easy-fix action-comedy SG-1 episodes back, instead dealing with a heavy and dark quality production that SG-U was about. But I also think the slow pace of the 1st season was a serious flaw. There was too much focused on the basic struggles to survive. I think all of what was covered in the 1st season could have been achieved in half the time.

But, what's done is done. I just hope that someday someone will take the franchise out of mothballs and come up with a blend of SG-1 and SG-U, ultimately bringing back Destiny into the picture (even if only some of the original crew comes back... the others either dying in their hibernation chambers or having mysteriously vanished at some point).

Comment

Originally posted by Cytherian View Post
            What an awful tragedy that this show was canceled after the 2nd season. It had SO MUCH going for it. I blame it on the adolescent SG-1 viewers who were ticked off that they didn't have their easy-fix action-comedy SG-1 episodes back, instead dealing with a heavy and dark quality production that SG-U was about. But I also think the slow pace of the 1st season was a serious flaw. There was too much focused on the basic struggles to survive. I think all of what was covered in the 1st season could have been achieved in half the time.

But, what's done is done. I just hope that someday someone will take the franchise out of mothballs and come up with a blend of SG-1 and SG-U, ultimately bringing back Destiny into the picture (even if only some of the original crew comes back... the others either dying in their hibernation chambers or having mysteriously vanished at some point).
            Sorry that us "adolescent" Stargate fans did want to see "Battlestar Universe" or "As The Starship Turns." If I would've wanted to see either of those, I would've watched BSG. The first half of the first season was horrible, but I stuck with it. Things improved in the second half of the first season and got a lot better as the second season moved on. I would've liked for the show to continue.

Just watch the insults.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Sorry that us "adolescent" Stargate fans did want to see "Battlestar Universe" or "As The Starship Turns." If I would've wanted to see either of those, I would've watched BSG. The first half of the first season was horrible, but I stuck with it. Things improved in the second half of the first season and got a lot better as the second season moved on. I would've liked for the show to continue.

Just watch the insults.
              Thread Buster: I tried really hard to like BSG, solely for the space scenes, but the constant whining and everyone is feeling blank right now... it was as agonizing as the worst soap operas. The space scenes the way the ships would start to come into view from far off was very realistic. But three episodes in I was cross eyed at the retardation of the crew, and the overacting, like everyone is trying too hard, ya know?

That said, I may not have caught the pilot when it came on television the first time, but stargate has been a huge part of my life since I was a teenager. (31 now) I loved the light comedic aspect of SG1, abd welcomed the occasional love interest here and there, but sometimes it seemed a little distracting, like the writers were under pressure to do it or something.

I Loved SGA's incredible action scenes and fast moving dialogue oriented storyline, and the sets and cgi were next to none, and all around the writing was excellent. However, it seemed like there was a momentary 15 year old boy moment in every other episode. (McKay: Lets see how far we can penetrate... John: Penetrate? McKay:What? . Just unnecessary fart jokes as far as I am concerned. But otherwise, awesome freakin show.

SGU was another show that I think of as ground breaking. Not necessarily in terms of any 1 thing, but the way it often felt emptiness of Destiny. The despair that the crew expressed seemed genuine, for the most part... (actors have to learn somewhere) and the repercussions always came back full circle, instead of leaving you staring down a cause/effect plothole. But. There was WAYYY too much emphasis on sex and WAYYY too much main character conflict for it to fit in among established Stargate fans right away. By the end of season 2, I was hooked for life, and thats where it gets painful. Everyone seemed to be getting along and it felt like the show was really due to move into some new ground. I WILL NEVER GET TO SEE.... The long lost Furlings join the Tau'ri in the search for the meaning of life.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyadamson View Post
                Thread Buster: I tried really hard to like BSG, solely for the space scenes, but the constant whining and everyone is feeling blank right now... it was as agonizing as the worst soap operas. The space scenes the way the ships would start to come into view from far off was very realistic. But three episodes in I was cross eyed at the retardation of the crew, and the overacting, like everyone is trying too hard, ya know?

That said, I may not have caught the pilot when it came on television the first time, but stargate has been a huge part of my life since I was a teenager. (31 now) I loved the light comedic aspect of SG1, abd welcomed the occasional love interest here and there, but sometimes it seemed a little distracting, like the writers were under pressure to do it or something.

I Loved SGA's incredible action scenes and fast moving dialogue oriented storyline, and the sets and cgi were next to none, and all around the writing was excellent. However, it seemed like there was a momentary 15 year old boy moment in every other episode. (McKay: Lets see how far we can penetrate... John: Penetrate? McKay:What? . Just unnecessary fart jokes as far as I am concerned. But otherwise, awesome freakin show.

SGU was another show that I think of as ground breaking. Not necessarily in terms of any 1 thing, but the way it often felt emptiness of Destiny. The despair that the crew expressed seemed genuine, for the most part... (actors have to learn somewhere) and the repercussions always came back full circle, instead of leaving you staring down a cause/effect plothole. But. There was WAYYY too much emphasis on sex and WAYYY too much main character conflict for it to fit in among established Stargate fans right away. By the end of season 2, I was hooked for life, and thats where it gets painful. Everyone seemed to be getting along and it felt like the show was really due to move into some new ground. I WILL NEVER GET TO SEE.... The long lost Furlings join the Tau'ri in the search for the meaning of life.
                Reading messeges such as this just makes me sadder. It just goes to show the dedicated and large fanbase the franchise has and the meaning it has for alot of people (me included). Syfy and MGM made a mistake canning the franchise.

My only hope is that someone at MGM will wake up and decide to revive the franchise.

Comment

Keep wishing! I certainly will!

In reality I don't see it happening though. I suspect it will be continued one day (eg say 10 - 15 years time) when there is some loose change in MGMs budget and they decide "Hey lets try sgu again" kinda thing but I don't think they're going to do it before then in the next year or two - not when they've had such huge financial pressures recently.

For SGU to become a success it would have to revert back to the normal stargate story telling method a bit more. Not comletely, just less drama and a bit more action like we had in season 2. Season 2 was absolutely fantastic as space sci fi shows go. It really was one of the finest productions ever made however season 1 was what killed it. For any revival of SGU to be successful they'd have to have a massive advertising campaign and start the show with some gripping plots that have you on the edge of your seat - just by watching the trailers.

Comment

More of Destiny, what a wonderful ship! What other secrets did she hold? The Novus descendants, explore how they developed, good or bad! Young's descendant still wanting to beat Rush up!

Comment

I would like to see a real conclusion to the show.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
                        I will never get to see a seed ship actually plant a stargate on a planet. Or the support network that *must* be in place to keep the gate planting operation going. Nor will I get to see the follow up seed ships that seed the MW / Pegasus gates.

Most importantly, I will never get to see what these bad boys are for:
                        http://i46.tinypic.com/34snuvn.jpg
                        Perhaps those cover the ship's sensors.??

though i do agree on the seed ship actually SEEDING a gate.
                        Last edited by Rosehawk; 01 December 2013, 09:38 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Comment

They mean nothing. Its just how the TPTB designed Destiny
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            They mean nothing. Its just how the TPTB designed Destiny
                            LOL!

Just like the 9th chevron meant nothing either? The ancients designed stuff that was practical. Those look like retractable shutters and a mechanism that opens like a mouth. They must be there for a purpose.

Next thing I know you'll be telling us the 9th chevron was for nothing too..

Comment

No. We have always known the chevrons have an importance. Thier is nothing to suggest the things in front of Destiny mean anything except being part of the hull
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                No. We have always known the chevrons have an importance. Thier is nothing to suggest the things in front of Destiny mean anything except being part of the hull
                                Even before the 5th race episode? - I don't think so! Busted!!!

We just needed another season or two and we might have found out what destiny was really out there to do and what those shutters were really for.

Comment

Working...
                                X