Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What hope does Novus people have against the drone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Whose to say the Novans didn't build the drones. We will never know otherwise.
    The fact the drones have hyperdrives and the Novians seems like a good indicator
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      The fact the drones have hyperdrives and the Novians seems like a good indicator
      Yeah but it is a good indicator only. An indicator is not a fact.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        I hadn't even thought of that. The drones would, of course, be at the colony they're heading too. Most likely its inhabitants have been wiped out.
        Unfortunately, yes. Hopefully the Drones will have gone dormant again by the time the Novus ships reach the colony in two hundred years.
        MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

we can hope the Novans colonists we pick up took the schematics of Destiny shields and weapons systems. An as long as they can power those they should be alright in fighting drones, especially if they can figure out the same things as Rush did with the shields. An can build enough vessels.

An still have human cunning an bravery to fight and defeat the drones. I suspect a undamaged fully powered destiny would do alright against the drones.

Comment

Eli will find a way to solve the drone problem before Destiny jumps from this galaxy to the next.

Comment

In 2 weeks.... doubt it.

Comment

Novans had nukes, we know that. Nukes mean EMP. And to steal the rock-paper-scissors analogy, EMP fries Drone, Drone blasts Human, Human is immune to EMP

Ironically, their interplanetary war might have been their saving grace, as they'd have ample and advanced weapons technology and infrastructure. Its not that the Drones were an unfightable enemy, its just that a damaged Destiny lacked the wherewithal to make a stand by herself. A fleet of Novan battleships might be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  In 2 weeks.... doubt it.
                  Dont forget thats 2 weeks on the ship, after he leaves the ship and enters the gate network that 2 weeks becomes more.

One thing that I have just wondered though..

Atlantis, we have one gate in pegasus that can dial earth, are there gates in the network that can jump from galaxy to galaxy or was that just an atlantis idea...?!

Comment

Just atlantis.. As shown in the show you either need a specific gate control crystal or a LOT more power.

Comment

Originally posted by I am Goa'uld View Post
                      i dont think the new novus homeworld had a stargate and that was the device used by the drones to track the destiny.
                      Of course the new planet had a stargate, how else would the Novuns get there in the first place?
                      What we do not know for sure is if it is operational, we just know Novus gate was destroyed.

Comment

zero
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well, once the gate and radio towers were destroyed, they seemed to leave the people alone. But they did have the bigger fish to pursue. And the people of the other world with more tech didn't seem to be so lucky. Although since they had been attacked years in advance, it's likely that the drones aren't really chasing Destiny, just that Destiny ended up in their galaxy(s). It's still possible that the novans created the drones. But I doubt it. At a minimum, we'll never know.

Comment

Well, once the gate and radio towers were destroyed, they seemed to leave the people alone. But they did have the bigger fish to pursue. And the people of the other world with more tech didn't seem to be so lucky.
                            It really comes down to if the drones find the Novans or not. The drones aren't really search and destroy, more 'hang around till we hear something then stop at nothing to destroy'. As long as the drones don't detect subspace emissions from the other colonies, they'll just go to sleep like they were in the graveyard where Destiny first found them.

Comment

the only hope is their space fleet en route. with any luck, the Drones will have noticed that Destiny is gone and they'll go back to their original mode in stead of gate-hunting mode.

Comment

Working...
                              X