This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM Leaving us High and Dry

With the decision to cancel SGU, do you think MGM will conclude the series with a finale, or do you think that they will just end it after episode 220? If that's the case, this will be the first series that i have ever followed that did not conclude a story line. Even Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles had a lousy conclusion.

Well, TSCC hadn't been cancelled when the last episode aired...so that's the reason why it ended the way it did. SGU had finished filming by the time the cancellation announcement was made. So, we'll get a final episode with all the loose ends flapping in the breeze. I subscribe to Brian J Smith's twitter (Matthew Scott), he tweeted last week that there was no money for an SGU movie.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      I subscribe to Brian J Smith's twitter (Matthew Scott), he tweeted last week that there was no money for an SGU movie.
      He stated the same thing BW did earlier.

And I think that after "Gauntlet" it's it. Finished. Both SGU and SG.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
        He stated the same thing BW did earlier.

And I think that after "Gauntlet" it's it. Finished. Both SGU and SG.
        While I disagree with SG being "finished." I do agree that SGU will be finished...then we'll see a new incarnation sometime down the road.
        sigpic

Comment

While I disagree with SG being "finished." I do agree that SGU will be finished...then we'll see a new incarnation sometime down the road.
          I also think there will be some incarnation of SG down the road, but because I think it will be a complete reboot of some kind, with no real reference to the series that went before, this doesn't give me much happiness.
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

oh no, I hope this won't happen in next 10 years
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
              I also think there will be some incarnation of SG down the road, but because I think it will be a complete reboot of some kind, with no real reference to the series that went before, this doesn't give me much happiness.
              No, I won't like a series that reboots and doesn't honor what came before.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              oh no, I hope this won't happen in next 10 years
              Don't be a hater...I prefer to stay positive...
              sigpic

Comment

No, I won't like a series that reboots and doesn't honor what came before.

Don't be a hater...I prefer to stay positive...
                I'm not a hater. I just don't wanna see another idiotic show about shooting aliens in Vancouver forest by Earth's strongest and brightest invincible superheroes outsmarting super advanced aliens. SGU failed, the only incarnation of SG which fully satisfied me, so I'm done with SG unless someone makes another SGU
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

It is a shame it is going without a real conclusion. I loved SG1, enjoyed SGA and when SGU came about I was so excited at the idea and especially at Robert Carlyle. And I was not disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    I'm not a hater. I just don't wanna see another idiotic show about shooting aliens in Vancouver forest by Earth's strongest and brightest invincible superheroes outsmarting super advanced aliens. SGU failed, the only incarnation of SG which fully satisfied me, so I'm done with SG unless someone makes another SGU
                    Then why have you been a member of this board since 2004 if you have such hate for Stargate?
                    sigpic

Comment

Then why have you been a member of this board since 2004 if you have such hate for Stargate?
                      because few years ago I liked different types of shows than I like now
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Anyway...

I think in a few years down the road, we'll see another incarnation of SG.
                        sigpic

Comment

I hope they do finish the SGU story in some format, a book or an animated movie or something just to give us closure on the story.. as for live action stargate, next time we see will be a reboot... fact
                          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I'm with Tray. The series is/was fantastic, and although i didn't think the pilot wasn't great, i was certainly not disappointed with the rest of the series. But the series should without a doubt be concluded.

I just don't see how you can begin a story and not end it. A movie theater wouldn't cut off a movie 3/4 of the way through because the ticket sales weren't sufficient to cover the cost of powering the projectors for the full length. They have an obligation to conclude the story. I would be less irritated with a movie that cut off 3/4 of the way through, than i would be with a series that i have invested much much much more time into following. So if they don't have enough money for a movie?? Then do it in a single 1 hour episode. --- Sorry for the partial re-post from a different thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                              I hope they do finish the SGU story in some format, a book or an animated movie or something just to give us closure on the story.. as for live action stargate, next time we see will be a reboot... fact
                              Yes, I agree. I think we should get some sort of closure to the series.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X