X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not cancel Stargate Universe petition

hi everyone,
    for those sobbing over SGU's cancellation, I found the following link to a "do not cancel SGU" petition at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/savesgu
    There's currently 6490 signatures and the goal is 1000000. It's a lot of signatures but if you're intersted and haven't signed it yet , feel free to do so

Sorry, but SGU was cancelled and we can't do anything about it. But hope that Brad Wright will give an end to Stargate Universe.

Comment

Would say at the moment the best bet would be to try to make the ratings for the back 10 as good as possible and encourage everyone to purchase the DVD's to justify why a movie (or whatever Brad's plan is) should be produced.

Comment

Joe has said that ratings for the back half won't effect whatever plan is on the table, and I think if there was even a slight chance that it would then he'd be promoting the hell out of them. It looks like DVD sales are the only sure fire way to turn heads at MGM.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          Joe has said that ratings for the back half won't effect whatever plan is on the table, and I think if there was even a slight chance that it would then he'd be promoting the hell out of them.
          Yeah, he's mentioned twice (IIRC) SGU's return date on Space, but not a word about Syfy. Looks like it really won't matter.
          sigpic

Comment

1) SGU is already canceled

2) Petitions never work

3) It is way too late to even think about starting one/posting a link to one.
            sigpic
            ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              Joe has said that ratings for the back half won't effect whatever plan is on the table, and I think if there was even a slight chance that it would then he'd be promoting the hell out of them. It looks like DVD sales are the only sure fire way to turn heads at MGM.
              Doesn't hurt though. If the ratings did somehow improve it would make the show look good and if they improved a lot (as unlikely as that may be) it could show Syfy that it was a mistake not renewing it.

Comment

Originally posted by anaberration
                Mod snip
                Not sure why you quoted me. I never mentioned the petitions, just the ratings and even said that it was unlikely they would increase to a level that would make Syfy consider reversing its decision but there's no harm in trying.

Quote from Craig Engler (@Syfy on twitter) "Theoretically a huge, consistent rating for the final 10 might open discussions for some kind of continuation."
                Last edited by Rosehawk; 03 March 2011, 03:12 PM. Reason: Quote from a deleted post

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                  Would say at the moment the best bet would be to try to make the ratings for the back 10 as good as possible and encourage everyone to purchase the DVD's to justify why a movie (or whatever Brad's plan is) should be produced.
                  I concur.

Comment

SGU was cancelled just like other NEW STYLED science fiction; Remember Star Trek and Firefly... SGU was in effect the same. Many like myself did not watched every episode when aired but always caught up during the week on the WEB. The deletion o this show is another example of the fact that STATISTICS on the Chart which is what SYFY used to cancel this show is not the way to make decision on programs..... It take imagination and tenacity, both of which seem to be lacking in Studios where pollster's and the bottom line is the answer.... Star Trek - Firefly and now SGU.... Need more proofAnyone wanting to read the Third season: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6980499/...verse_Season_3

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6980499/...verse_Season_3
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 October 2011, 10:34 PM. Reason: Font size reduced.Links left alone.

Comment

Why resurrect this old (and now irrelevant) topic?

Comment

Originally posted by morganfj View Post
                        The deletion o this show is another example of the fact that STATISTICS on the Chart which is what SYFY used to cancel this show is not the way to make decision on programs.....
                        What do you suggest?

In passing, as you know, SyFy's sole existence is to make money. As a public company, nothing else. They choose to do it in TV, which means they need to make money from the TV. Which means advertising. The advertisers pay per viewer (or thousands of viewers). So smaller audiences, less cash. It really is quite simple - they only keep shows with high statistics. Or, the entire industry changes...

Comment

Hey hope you guys realize they are planning on bringing this back. It isn't to late to sign the petition, they are just looking for another channel to put it on thanks to syfy being stupid and changing the times of it so frequently so it wouldn't get viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiinxycat View Post
                            Hey hope you guys realize they are planning on bringing this back. It isn't to late to sign the petition, they are just looking for another channel to put it on thanks to syfy being stupid and changing the times of it so frequently so it wouldn't get viewers.
                            No they're not. The writers, producers, actors and crew have all moved on, the sets are gone and the stages are being used by other shows. You've been mislead.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiinxycat View Post
                              You're about 14 months late. That option went out the window on April 2011 when Brad Wright confirmed that MGM were no longer interested in doing anything Stargate related.

Comment

Working...
                              X