Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with everything the opening poster said. Best series of the franchise yet, so upset it's ending prematurely.

Comment

And to get this thread back on track - a big thank you to the great special effects team that worked on SGU. I think they did some of the best work I've seen on the small screen with regards to special effects - brilliant!
      sigpic
      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

This thread inspired me to put together my current sigline. Most simple one yet, and most honest.
        sigpic

Comment

To ALL :

The only reason why this thread is stickied is so that those SGU fans who want to pay a tribute can do so without further discussion/debate or having to explain their motives to anyone.

Once S2 's back half is aired ,they've lost their show ,unless there's some form of last-second reprieve and so it was felt better to let these fans have a space to express their gratitude without having personal disagreements drag other threads into off-topic.

First and foremost GateWorld is a Fan site and since the CVS was introduced back in 2009 ,we call on fans to express their criticisms with tact and consideration towards others of a differing opinion and to not be defined by negativity alone.

There are literally hundreds of other threads to air constructive criticism and misgivings about SGU ,so please use those ,as you have many times before .

Bear in mind that fan campaign and awareness/support threads for the movies etc are available for SG-1 and SGA fans ,and GW policy has always been to allow the on-topic rule to prevail in those .

Please allow the SGU fans the same courtesy .
          Off-topic posts will continue to be deleted outright from this thread .Please contact Skydiver or a Mod of your choice if you wish to discuss this further .

Thank you !
          Bagpuss
          GateWorld Moderation Team.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Where can we talk about the recent podcast?

Comment

Opinions/discussions about the latest Podcast go here : GateWorld Podcast Feedback!

That thread's open to mixed opinions .
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Just like to say I have found SGU to be a fantastic and top quality show; when I first started watching I was worried due to its differences from SG-1 and SGA, but I have come to love it in its own way, and perhaps even more than other series for certain reasons.

I find SGU is a lot more mature and a lot more serious; I love most characters and stories from previous SG shows but I find at times they tried too hard to be too "fun," put too much comedy in them, too light-hearted, some characters too fake, over-acted...

SGU, while having low points, has been a great drama based around human relations and emotions... Only wished they'd focused a bit more on the relatives left home on Earth

Comment

I'd love to thank aswell cause SGU brought new dimension of Stargate...we saw more deeper thoughts and feeling than in previous series and I loved it...SG was growing up with its fans and thx for that...
                  anyway I still hope that its not the ultimate end for SGU
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd like to echo everyone's sentiments thus far.

I came into SG late, about the end of SG1/fourth season of Atlantis.

I was always sort of dimly aware of SG before this, loved the movie but never once saw the show. When I first met my wife she had seasons 2 and 3 and she sat me down one day and just said 'give it a chance, see what you think...'

I was hooked. In the following months I picked up the rest of the series.

I loved SGA too but it was waaaaay too late in the game to sit down and watch late season episodes when I was still plowing through the first 4 seasons.

So when the word came out that SGU was coming out I was pretty excited. Here, finally, was a chance to jump on board to a SG show right from the word go.

I've enjoyed it, it's a LOT different from SG1/SGA but it was still a great show that has potential.

Thanks to everyone involved with SGU, your hard work was appreciated.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you Stargate Universe. A lot of people will miss you.
                      sigpic
                      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Yes, I will miss you as well! You were a great show indeed. Although as I stated earlier, I made my peace with the cancelation. I prefer having two season of top notch quality than five seasons do drag this into nothing.. yes I know they said they had a plan, but still not sure. Lost had a plan as well.. and well...
                        sigpic

Comment

I want to thank everyone involved in Stargate Universe including the several dozens of people that were behind the camera. I never had any issues with the way Stargate Universe was presented to me. Surperb writing and the cgi was topnotch. I will miss the characters portrayed by each and every actor of this show. I think our universe will be a sadder place with its loss.

Comment

Originally posted by anaberration View Post
                            Superb writing and the cgi was topnotch.
                            Indeed...I have never seen such awesome visual effects in a sci-fi show....Whenever I see the outside of Destiny,the shuttle,or space fights,OMG....just plain awesome!!!!(my best part is when Young is floating in that suit and Rush reaches out to him;great scenery) I can't wait to re-watch everything on blu-ray
                            -Why did the chicken cross the Moebius strip?
                            -To get to the same side!

Comment

SGU is the final part which is important for Stargate title...it brought more serious, psychological and philosophical problems...thx for that..I missed that a little in SG-1 and SGA
                              sigpic

Comment

I joined this forum just so I can post thank you to every one involved in making SGU and it has become my second fav Scifi of all time next to Firefly.
                                I liked SG-1 and SGA but they where mind numbing after their second seasons it was the same cookie cutter format week after week, when SGU aired I was happy to see something original and fresh not a rehash of the same stale format. SGU was a under appreciated and I'm going to guess because it was scifi not an action/adventure like the other SG series.
                                <Snipped by Moderator.Derogatory remarks about non SGU fans are not welcome.> Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition and SGU was an prime example of that!!!
                                Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 March 2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X