Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good ending. What can I say? If they'd written episodes like the last few from the first, then I don't think we'd be saying good bye now.

And while I'm not a wrestling fan, I think Zarius is right.

Comment

I liked SGU it definitely was the best SCI FI show available "now" but I liked SGA better overall as a family show, which had a larger potential audience. I hope the fact the some writers have jumped to "transporter" an action/comedy based show will make Stargate head back to its roots, I do not think SGU ended correctly, I am over the whole cancellation process now first with SGA now SGU cancellation.
      I do not think SGU was more intelligent as some say, it was simply a different tone.
      It was not purely "original" ; Stargate never was - it was allways good at pinching all the best SCI-FI ideas.
      sigpic

Comment

Season 2 of SGU was some of the best tv I have watched in a long time. Very good show. I am sorry to see it end. I am even more sorry to see it end the way it did with no real resolution. I wish SYFY (Sci Fi) would have at least given us one more episode or at least a 2 hour special to wrap it up.

Comment

I have truly enjoyed SGU, SGA, and SG-1. It saddens me to see SGU end so early. I believe the cast and crew have done an amazing job, and I thank them for their amazing show. I just hope that one day we will be graced with more SGU. Till them God Speed.

Comment

The stargate franchise is one of the best series ive watched and will probably beat many more in the future. Its a shame to see it end like this, im really hoping someone will resurrect this in the future

good buy SGU and thanks for a fab finish

Comment

As someone who is a major critic of this show (and Diehard "Stargate" fan), I can appreciate the writer's attempt to shake things up. One of this show's greatest assets were the actors, and nothing can diminish the heart each one of them has shown. If season two was in place of season one, this show would have launched out the door in an epic way.

God bless these folks, and I hope to see them again.

One more thing... Dr. Rush rules!

Comment

Last episode downloaded watched . . . Gutted . . . such . . a waste . .

Ohhh if there is a God he must be a twisted . . . barstool to let the likes of this show die . . . and have season after season of this type of

'Im a celebrity with x factor in britain with talent on ice' crap on every week

Majorly . . . majorly . . . . pissed off

The studio executives who cut this show off in its prime . . . <Snipped>
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 10 May 2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Reminder time everyone.

This is purely a Thank You thread ,not the place to point fingers/aim attacks on executives as *people*.( See post 1)
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                    Well I met a guy at a con and we had the same last name, we both loved SG costuming, we joked were were cousins and we stayed in touch. Then about a year later I saw pic of my "future wife" on one his web pages and asked him to hook us up. He had met her through Star Wars costuming. She had recently started doing SG as well. Long story short I started dating my "Vala" and now its been almost 4 years since were got married!
                    Wow.. I know currently, 9 couples who married cause they met gaming (role playing at conventions), 4 who are engaged. 5 who met at other scifi cons (3 trek, 2 SW), 10 who are currently engaged (one iirc is getting married next year economy willing).
                    Never heard of any SG couplings..

A sincere Salute to the hard work of the SU cast, writers, producers, crew (and yes, fans) who made this too-short work of scifi art worth viewing.
                    I am hoping at the next Stargate centered convention, that us fans Pack it out so much, the con center is bursting at the seams, and the ground shakes from our standing ovation we give them all..

If they'd written episodes like the last few from the first, then I don't think we'd be saying good bye now.
                    I feel the same. if the first 10 eps had brought in enough viewers, and we kept the same level of ratings, i feel we would already be hearing about season 4 getting ready to start filming..

The stargate franchise is one of the best series ive watched and will probably beat many more in the future. Its a shame to see it end like this, im really hoping someone will resurrect this in the future
                    With me, i have all the ST films, SW films and all 4 seasons of BSG.. BUT that was only cause i loved the space fights... and got S3 and 4 cause i missed most of the televised eps... I got all SGs cause i love them and willingly rewatch them. Compared to the rest.

Comment

Thanks to the cast and crew for 2 years of terrific story telling and character development. I feel like this is the end of an era. I feel a huge sense of sadness and nostalgia right now. I watched SG-1 the night it premiered on Showtime way back in 1997, and watched it religiously ever since. I was 12 years old, and in Middle School. Now I am a 26 year old working in the IT department for a school district. It is going to be a strange feeling not having any new Stargate to look forward to. I grew up with this franchise. I am very sad to see SGU go before it's time.
                      Last edited by Vyse; 10 May 2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

For me SGU was the best Sci Fi to come along in decades. Its been that long since I invested in a ongoing new series watching every episode and I will miss this. I will be sad when it ends and fear that , what ever does happen, it will just pale in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Never heard of any SG couplings..
                          I know of another couple in Atlanta that married from meeting do to SG costuming...
                          www.stitchsloft.com
                          For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
                          "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
                          www.scifihero.net

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed every episode and looked forward to the next one. Just when you think they couldn't make a better series there's the next new series to help with getting over the last great series (stargate sg1,atlantis ). I don't see anything forthcoming to the space channel. Once sanctuary is gone I guess that will be all for the space channel for me. I appreciate the time I've had with SGU and I am gonna miss their adventures.

Comment

Thank you, SGU cast and crew, for a great ride. Here's hoping we get to see the continuation of your story in a few years.

Comment

Well goodbye SGU and thanks to all who were involved. It was a damn good ride while it lasted and I’m glad to see the franchise at least go out with a bang and not a whimper. Here’s hoping the Gate reopens in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X