This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they have a plan

Just wondering if anyone knows if the writers or producers actually know what they are going to show at the destination. Like have they planned already what will be at destiny's destination or are they kind of just going with the flow and still deciding.

brad ,rob and joe have said that the entire series is drawn up and the ending is already figured out. now the writers need to reach the milestones laid out before syfy pulls the plug.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

If there is planning to be done there is only one man for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        brad ,rob and joe have said that the entire series is drawn up and the ending is already figured out. now the writers need to reach the milestones laid out before syfy pulls the plug.
        This is a relief, that they know where they're going.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
          yup.
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Let's just hope Sci-fi/Sy-Fy have brains enough to let them

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
              If there is planning to be done there is only one man for the job.

As long as they bring on rowin atkinson to be blackadder as well.

Comment

The trouble is, if we don't get another season they may have no way of actually finishing the story.

Comment

They have an ending. And landmarks along the way, probably. But, as KEK said, getting there might be a problem. I wouldn't put it past the show to be cancelled before its planned ending.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Mallozzi said that they would need 5 seasons to wrap the whole story, if I remember correctly.
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      The trouble is, if we don't get another season they may have no way of actually finishing the story.
                      If the show is cancelled early, hopefully TPTB will at least release the key plot points online so that we know how the story was intended to wrap up.

Comment

there will be a movie if SGU will be cancelled
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

ideally would be 5 seasons according to malozzi.

if needed, the story can be wrapped in one season.

they have a plan of what key things they want.

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                            Mallozzi said that they would need 5 seasons to wrap the whole story, if I remember correctly.
                            He said that ideally they would wrap it up in the fifth season, but they could do it in one if need be.

Comment

In my opinion, for this series to continue it really needs to generate some excitement. Right now the show is very low key and is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Unless it changes and gets to the point where more people want to start watching it, it will more than likely fall by the wayside. To get people to watch it, it has to be a series that is exciting. Let’s face it, not too many people want to sit and watch a chess match. They would rather watch a hockey game where the players are half killing each other.

It would be sad to see this show get cancelled. The show has great potential, but that potential isn’t being utilized. Instead, the writers seem to be content to let the show continue on at a snail’s pace and let everybody get bored to death. The writers need to wake up and smell the flowers and get some excitement into the series. They need to make it a series that people can’t wait to see the next episode.

It is too bad they don’t do something that would allow for another story line. For example, they could maybe have a team of people searching the ship for something and they stumble upon a secret chamber where there are two Ancients, a man and a woman, in a couple of those stasis chambers. They could bring them back to life and one of the Ancients is a weapons engineer and the other is an engineer who helped design the ship. This type of new development could add a whole new dimension to the series. It could take the series into completely new directions and it would add a lot of excitement because once the Ancients fixed the power problem, repaired the weapons systems and repaired the ship, it would once again be a formidable spaceship.

Anyway, right now it doesn’t really seem like the writers have any definite story direction in mind, other than telling a story that apparently not very many people want to hear. I am not trying to insult the series, I just think that it really needs to get better or it will not be around much longer. And in order to get better it needs to get out of the rut it is in and start getting some action.

Comment

Working...
                              X