Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Story continuity between SGA series finale and SGU (SPOILERS for SGA)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Story continuity between SGA series finale and SGU (SPOILERS for SGA)

Hello,

I was just wondering about the events taking place in the SGA series finale and the story in SGU. Is there any continuity?

This post will contain SPOILERS* for the SGA series finale(!)

Spoiler:

In the SGA series finale we see the Atlantis city make its way to Earth and land in the sea somewhere. I was wondering if this fact has ever been brought into the story-line in SGU (when the show deals with Earth/SGC)? Would a gigantic city built by the ancients not become a crucial and important plot-device?

Or perhaps the elements of SGA have not been, and will not be, incorporated into SGU, simply to make it less complicated in terms of plot - Earth and SGC is a minor scene in SGU. The fact that Atlantis is at Earth has some really weird consequences, as far as I see it.

Or perhaps it was just to wrap up SGA quickly? I was wondering: "wormhole-drive" - how is that for a magic plot-device.

Anyway, just some thoughts

Kofler

There is a big thread on whether wormhole drive could get to and from the destiny already. Also, supposedly SGU takes place after the city goes back to Pegasus (lantis movie which was stalled)..

Comment

Well in episode 1 of SGU Carter is Captain of the Hammond, and she was only just made captain of the Hammond in the final episode of SGA i would say yes.

Theres no real reason Atlantis in the pacific needed to be explained in SGU. Then it woulda been 10 hours long instead of 3 for all that exposition.

Comment

The Universe series premiere takes place after the Atlantis series finale. Universe is very much an SG-1 spinoff with almost no ties to Atlantis. There may be a passing reference to Atlantis in the "Air" trilogy, but that's about it. However, you will be pleased to know that there will be a crossover episode in the spring featuring two Atlantis characters.

Comment

Working...
        X