Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU Season 2 Filming Wraps up Discussion(tag all spoilers for unaired episodes)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU Season 2 Filming Wraps up Discussion(tag all spoilers for unaired episodes)

I was just reading that article on the homepage and I got all excited at this (spoilers for episode 17)
    Spoiler:
    Shooting included a major new set, which executive producer Brad Wright has hinted might be a new area of Destiny which the crew discovers some time around episode 17.
    I think this bodes well for season 3, no?

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
    I was just reading that article on the homepage and I got all excited at this (spoilers for episode 17)
    Spoiler:
    Shooting included a major new set, which executive producer Brad Wright has hinted might be a new area of Destiny which the crew discovers some time around episode 17.
    Season 3 depends on the ratings not some new set

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
      Spoiler:
      A new set in S2 has no merit on S3.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Have to echo the other two posts. I don't know about everyone else but the tweets from cast members seem especially melancholy regarding the end of shooting. I'm sure they don't know if they will be renewed or not, so it may just be the "end of an era" type thing.

Comment

They have to remain happy (for some reason), probably a direct order from TPTB.

But anyway I agree with JackO'Neill's post above as well.

Comment

Originally posted by P5C768 View Post
            Have to echo the other two posts. I don't know about everyone else but the tweets from cast members seem especially melancholy regarding the end of shooting. I'm sure they don't know if they will be renewed or not, so it may just be the "end of an era" type thing.
            Yeah, David Blue seems to be calling it all over.
            http://twitter.com/davidblue

And, we're wrapped. Bittersweet end of #SGU Season 2. Great scene to end on. Love ALL these people. :'(
            Last edited by James71; 19 November 2010, 02:46 PM. Reason: more text

Comment

Originally posted by James71 View Post
              He just seems to be saying they are all done filming season 2. There isn't anything there to indicate he thinks they won't get renewed.
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I don't see any tweets that point to that.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I don't see any tweets that point to that.
                  Come on. We all see the writing on the wall.
                  Using words like "Bittersweet", "Great scene to end on", etc. They all know the odds are against them coming back.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan and want to see renewal. But reading between the lines is fairly easy here.

Comment

Come on. We all see the writing on the wall.
                    Using words like "Bittersweet", "Great scene to end on", etc. They all know the odds are against them coming back.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan and want to see renewal. But reading between the lines is fairly easy here.
                    Um, I guess it is fine if you want to interpret it that way, but I really don't see it. I think he doesn't know, same as us.
                    sigpic

Comment

I really hope they don't go on a four month break, like they did in season 1. It doesn't work for a show as serialized as Stargate Universe. I bet that if they do go on a break that we can say goodbye to SGU. Syfy should never have moved the show to Tuesday. It is quite possibly the worst decision they have made for SGU. These so called professionals need to get their act together and make decisions that are logical. Please excuse that rant, but this is just infuriating, especially considering how much I have enjoyed season 2 so far.

Comment

I don't think he is saying its over but obviously he knows its a good possibility so its understandable that he would feel sad whether he knows for sure or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                          I don't think he is saying its over but obviously he knows its a good possibility so its understandable that he would feel sad whether he knows for sure or not.
                          Exactly. I'm sure he is worried, I'm sure he is hopeful, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know. Because I'm pretty sure the decision hasn't yet been made.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                            Yeah, being an actor sucks in a situation like this. They can go from making killer money to nothing just like that. Now they have to sit around for a few months not knowing anything about their plans next year. It's no wonder so many actors/actresses are a bit crazy. They have huge job stress in their lives.

Comment

Being out of work sucks for everyone. It isn't just the actors - think of all of the crew. That's one reason I really can't understand people who loved the previous series who say they actively hope this show will be canceled. You really are actively hoping that the same people who worked hard to build the sets you liked, film the shows you liked, etc. are out of work?

Seems like petty bu****it to me.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X