This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deeper meaning of the stargates SPOILER FOR THE GREATER GOOD ON

just an idea, but could the stargates be used for more than just travel. Think about it, why does every stargate have a ninth chevron. We know destiny is scanning the universe, so the more places we anaylse the closer to the message. Could Destiny, when it was completly new and powered, dial random stargates from around the universe, then scan for the pattern through the stargate, shut down, go on to the next one, destiny could have a timer so destiny has enough time to scan the area and go. the "exploration" could only be secondary

The seeder ships do the scanning and relay the information to Destiny, they don't need the Stargates to scan a location a Stargate has been dropped since its already done by the seeder ship being there.

I do think the Stargates will/should have another purpose though.

Comment

stargates send correlative updates so basically they are like probes for galactic movement

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
        The seeder ships do the scanning and relay the information to Destiny, they don't need the Stargates to scan a location a Stargate has been dropped since its already done by the seeder ship being there.

I do think the Stargates will/should have another purpose though.
        SEED ships, not seeder ships. and i think the op might be onto something...sort of...maybe the gates were originally crteated so knowledge could be shared and the ancients could accumulate more faster

Comment

It's certainly possible they might have another purpose. We've seen them used in conjunction with other devices for a number of different reasons that are more or less unrelated to their purpose as a transportation device (Stargate Destroyer used by Anubis, Ancient Time Loop machine).

Comment

Maybe it is supposed to be a way to disiminate the 'change to the universe' code once they reach the goal, and make it work.

Comment

Evey easier. The stargate can't have bilateral symmetry while keeping one chevron at the top with only 8 symbols. They'd all look lopsided.
              Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Working...
              X