Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Stargate franchise be continued after SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the Stargate franchise be continued after SGU?

Its quite possible we won't be seeing a third season of SGU due to low ratings, however will that mean that the Stargate franchise will not be continued at all? Do you reckon SGU will be the final addition to the franchise, or will there be another spin off to follow?

YES , because this is stargate and we never give up
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Fawaz Azim View Post
      Its quite possible we won't be seeing a third season of SGU due to low ratings, however will that mean that the Stargate franchise will not be continued at all? Do you reckon SGU will be the final addition to the franchise, or will there be another spin off to follow?
      It's a very real possibility, but I wouldn't like to hazard a guess.

Comment

Heres how it goes: You give up on SGU and YOU kill the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          +100

Comment

I hope SGU will end the franchise for good
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

They'll be a trilogy of movies that predate a functioning stargate. It'll be a bunch of old guys sitting at a table arguing about whether the gate builders liked Donuts, Bagels, or Hula-hoops. It'll be so liked by the execs that it'll be approved before season three even comes up for a vote. In the last episode of season two some beings will mysteriously repair Destiny to factory fresh status and the crew will find infomation about snake drive. And otherwise make it home from a journey that took a million plus years in two days with a still fully functional ship. But we'll never got the see the repaired ship or the journey. Just the old crabby guy talking it up to everyone else. Guys, we're heroes now. That whole bridge on the other side of the universe thing, lets keep that under wraps.

Comment

I honestly don't care. I don't love the franchise, I love individual series. So, if it ends... it ends.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

If SGU gets cancelled this or next season I don't think we'll see anything new from the franchise except maybe a straight to DVD movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                    I honestly don't care. I don't love the franchise, I love individual series. So, if it ends... it ends.
                    that would only work if you love ONE series and nothing else (including the movies) if you like a series and a movie, or two series, then you like the franchise.

Comment

^This unfortunately.
                      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

I hope that SGU is not the end of the franchise but looking at it there is nothing new that can be done that is new.

yer sure there is the straight to DVD movies but as we have seen those are dependent on the company having money to fund them.

I hope that SGU is picked up for a 3rd season as i dont think that it has found its legs yet.
                        sigpic
                        Dr. Nicholas Rush: Ultimately, I control this ship.
                        Watching:How I Met your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Warehouse 13, Alphas, Glee, Fringe, The Mentalist, Castle, Sanctuary | Re-watching: SG1, SGU

Comment

that would only work if you love ONE series and nothing else (including the movies) if you like a series and a movie, or two series, then you like the franchise.
                          No, it just means I happen to like multiple parts of something. I can separate them out quite easily.

I am not dedicated to the franchise in the least. I do know what I like and where my loyalties lie.
                          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Havent we got similiar threads about this topic?... Yes there is a possibility that it will end after SG:U, but why whyining about stuff that has not happened yet... and everything has to end someday... and after 20 years stargate will be rebooted as well.... just wait and see, so relax.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't be interested in a reboot at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X