Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you first heard about SGU (when it aired for the first time)....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm embarrassed to say when I first heard about a Stargate show on a spaceship via the slice of sci-fi podcast, I rolled my eyes. I was catching all of the last season of SGA at the time and I was pretty frustrated with it. There were definitely some great episodes in there but if I saw that medieval set one more time. . . Also I thought of the ugly blocky earth ships but then I saw a trailer and saw how beautiful the Destiny was I was hopeful. I found the pilot a little bumpy but by part 3 I was glad to see we weren't in a pine forest. By the end of Darkness I was hooked and felt that the sense of wonder was back in sci-fi that seemed to have been lost in SGA. It was also refreshing to see a show that wasn't about a war but still full of suspense.
    I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Robert Carlye definitely sold this show to me. In terms of the concept, I usually don't remember my true expectations, but what I hoped for was a break from the super weapon, techno-babble nonsense and some insight into Ancient culture and society. From Air, the show already did enough to fulfill my first hope somewhat. I'm still optimistic on the second.

Comment

I first heard about it when that first article about the third series was leaked, and back then I thought it sounded like a great concept. I still do
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Skiznot View Post
          but then I saw a trailer and saw how beautiful the Destiny was I was hopeful. I found the pilot a little bumpy but by part 3 I was glad to see we weren't in a pine forest. By the end of Darkness I was hooked and felt that the sense of wonder was back in sci-fi that seemed to have been lost in SGA. It was also refreshing to see a show that wasn't about a war but still full of suspense.
          While i was hooked with Air, i will agree the looks of the ship was a big draw for me.

Comment

Working...
          X