Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would the Lucian Alliance weapon affect the show?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would the Lucian Alliance weapon affect the show?

With the new LA Weapons , the shortage of the ammo are tempoary solute for the moment, but the it may create new problem, like Away team need to carry two set of weapon ,and two of ammo.

A mixture of alien and earth weapon may not be so bad .

SG1 carry zat guns

SGA team carry Wraith stunner, and Ronon always carry his big "Traveler" gun.

I thought the LA gug will ring energy weapon to the SGU, but some alien looking projectile weapon is not bad either.

Earth Gun or LA guns, which groups guns will use up ammo first , then the other groups of gun will be the show default weapon . Util they some some new weapon.

So far the LA weapons and Earth weapons don't seem all that different to me. It would have been cool to see some new weapons enter the show, but so far they really haven't been needed.
    sigpic

Comment

I've always liked the idea of Terrans using alien weapons. There's just something about turning the enemy's weapon back on them (SG-1 or SGA) that I like.

Comment

Spoiler:
        There is a LA rocket launcher.

Comment

Everyone's forgetting the possibility of Ancient weapons on the ship.
          Spoiler:
          Now that Rush has the master code, he can just go to a weapon locker (there must be one, or many)

There'd be nothing cooler than Greer running around shooting Blueberry aliens with a huge Ancient laser machine gun.

Spoiler:
          On Malozzi's blog there was a concept image of something, labelled as Ancient, which looked like a weapon. And it was big.

Comment

I can just imagine Greer getting his hands on such a weapon, firing it, then pausing to say "I love this gun."

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
              With the new LA Weapons , the shortage of the ammo are tempoary solute for the moment, but the it may create new problem, like Away team need to carry two set of weapon ,and two of ammo.

A mixture of alien and earth weapon may not be so bad .

SG1 carry zat guns

SGA team carry Wraith stunner, and Ronon always carry his big "Traveler" gun.

I thought the LA gug will ring energy weapon to the SGU, but some alien looking projectile weapon is not bad either.

Earth Gun or LA guns, which groups guns will use up ammo first , then the other groups of gun will be the show default weapon . Util they some some new weapon.
              Spelling... lol

Anyway, I'm all for Ancient weapons! Don't forget they did discover, what they described as "some kind of robot" on board, can anyone say Ancient battle suits/armor? The ship is huge, it wasn't meant to sustain a crew long term but it can support a crew. I assume whenever Ancients were on board they had to have something IN STOCK, those shields can fail and the hull can be cut through, if aliens boarded while an Ancient crew was board they would need to defend themselves right?

My point is that there HAS TO BE WEAPONS on board, perfect substitute for guns when ammo is gone.
              They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                So far the LA weapons and Earth weapons don't seem all that different to me. It would have been cool to see some new weapons enter the show, but so far they really haven't been needed.
                Actually i believe some of the LA weapons are from Earth. They do have guns that look like the french FAMAS. I don't think its a coincidence, we know that the LA has agents on Earth, it would be no surprise that they have acquired earth weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
                  Actually i believe some of the LA weapons are from Earth. They do have guns that look like the french FAMAS. I don't think its a coincidence, we know that the LA has agents on Earth, it would be no surprise that they have acquired earth weapons.
                  Actually they're type 97's. a Chinese assault rifle variant chambered in 5.56. And I would imagine that they used it simply because it has a bullpup design which seems a little more alien. I doubt it's meant to be from Earth, otherwise they'd have to explain why the Genii used Armsel Protector shotguns, the Lucian Alliance used Tec 9's on SG1, the people on the planet in "Bad Guys" used Berretta PM12S and Scorpion smg's and the people on the planet Icon used M1 Garand's and Zastava's.

They're just meant to stand in for alien weapons. This even happens for earth scenes, not a single Russian soldier has ever carried a Russian AK in SG1 for example, they were all Yugoslavian and Chinese knock offs.

Comment

There is concept art of
                    Spoiler:
                    Lucian Rocket Launcher
                    for
                    Spoiler:
                    Blockade

Also some CA of
                    Spoiler:
                    Ancienty Looking Personnel Weapons
                    Tst

Comment

Assuming they ever deal with the ammo issue, there are two solutions I can think of.

The first is for them to find and start using Ancient weapons. Quick, easy, but a little convenient.

The second would be to find a way to make new bullets. The least cumbersome way would be to have them find a fabricator that could speed the process along. A bullet is not very complex, so I could accept a device that can take in copper, lead, and gunpowder, and produce a bullet. It would require them to find raw materials, and then extract them using just what they have on board.

Then again, they haven't used their guns all that much. In fact, the only episode with a lot of shooting was "Incursion, Part 1". So long as that pattern continues, I'll let them slide on the ammo issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                        being in enegry weapons IMo would hurt the realitic feel of the series so far.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                        X