X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derocalypse View Post
    How so???
    Because as I said, different environments; internally on Skiffy and externally on TV as a whole. Not to mention different world climate affects decisions TV networks will make.

Each show has a different expectation, different lee-ways and different notes to hit.

Each show is different (even when part of the same franchise).

So many things change within 2 years in any business environment. A decision you would have made 6 months ago isn't necessarily the decision you'll make today.
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
      Because as I said, different environments; internally on Skiffy and externally on TV as a whole. Not to mention different world climate affects decisions TV networks will make.

Each show has a different expectation, different lee-ways and different notes to hit.

Each show is different (even when part of the same franchise).

So many things change within 2 years in any business environment. A decision you would have made 6 months ago isn't necessarily the decision you'll make today.

You mean like the execs at MGM and SYFY saying we shouldn't have cancelled Atlantis after seeing how SGU's been doing so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Derocalypse View Post
        [/B]

You mean like the execs at MGM and SYFY saying we shouldn't have cancelled Atlantis after seeing how SGU's been doing so far.
        No, I am saying that things change and the reasons that they canceled SGA probably have zero to do with the decision to renew/cancel SGU. Though, I do love the spin .
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Just wondering if anybody could post the 'official' Live +7 Numbers for each episode (S2) so far. I have found a bunch, but dont know if theyre entirley correct.

Thanks

Oh, and would people please stop comparing SGA/SGU cancelations/possible cancelation. Hasn't it beeen sought of confirmed several times that SGA's cancelation WAS NOT TO DO WITH POOR NUMBERS, as it was getting around 1.7-2.1 milion in its last season wasn't it (on average). Anyway, TV has moved on, even since 2/3 years ago. Most of the Live numbers for Stargate have dropped steadily since the 9th season of SG1, when DVR'ing really started 'big', along with internet downloads/streams etc. I'm just saying, it's a completley different ball-game now. Not saying the numbers arent bad, cos' they are, but the SGA argument really can't be applied anymore can it? I loved SGA, and was gutted when it got canned. In an ideal world (JM's said as much) there would have been a 6th season for SGA, either alongside or before SGU's 1st , but it would have been VERY expensive to run the shows alongside each other, and have the quality of them remain consistent, when the two shows are (almost) polar-opposites.
          Last edited by MrMann101; 12 December 2010, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
            Just wondering if anybody could post the 'official' Live +7 Numbers for each episode (S2) so far. I have found a bunch, but dont know if theyre entirley correct.

Thanks
            I think you can find them in this thread if you look back, also squall over at syfy.com has done a bang up job tracking the numbers in all respects over in there in the ratings thread. i'll look back and cite where you can find the latest numbers here and edit my post with the info

Edit clipped from Squall28 over at SYFY forums

Updated numbers!!!! *See Bold!!!

Here is the Season 2 summary with coverage ratings...
            *Spin Free Edition*

Live + SD

Intervention - 0.9 HH Rating (1.175 Million viewers)
            Aftermath - 0.8 HH Rating (1.070 Million viewers)
            Awakening - 0.9 HH Rating (1.222 Million viewers)
            Pathogen - 0.8 HH rating (0.974 Million viewers)
            Cloverdale - 0.8 HH rating (1.012 Million viewers)
            Trial and Error - 0.8 HH rating (0.967 Million viewers)
            The Greater Good - 0.8 HH rating (1.074 Million viewers)
            Malice - 0.8 HH rating (1.025 Million viewers)
            Visitation - 0.9 HH rating (1.169 Million viewers)
            Resurgence - 0.8 HH rating (1.094 Million viewers)

Season to date: 0.8 HH rating (1.078 Million viewers)

Live + 7

Intervention - 1.3 HH rating (1.699 Million viewers)
            Aftermath - 1.2 HH rating (1.565 Million viewers)
            Awakening - 1.3 HH rating (1.729 Million viewers)
            Pathogen - 1.1 HH rating (1.474 Million viewers)
            Cloverdale - 1.1 HH rating (1.464 Million viewers)
            Trial and Error - 1.1 HH rating (1.487 Million viewers)
            The Greater Good - 1.1 HH rating (1.526 Million viewers)
            Malice - 1.1 HH rating (1.501 Million viewers)

Season to date: 1.2 HH rating (1.555 Million viewers)
            Last edited by hercthx; 12 December 2010, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
              Oh, and would people please stop comparing SGA/SGU cancelations/possible cancelation. Hasn't it beeen sought of confirmed several times that SGA's cancelation WAS NOT TO DO WITH POOR NUMBERS, as it was getting around 1.7-2.1 milion in its last season wasn't it (on average). Anyway, TV has moved on, even since 2/3 years ago. Most of the Live numbers for Stargate have dropped steadily since the 9th season of SG1, when DVR'ing really started 'big', along with internet downloads/streams etc. I'm just saying, it's a completley different ball-game now. Not saying the numbers arent bad, cos' they are, but the SGA argument really can't be applied anymore can it? I loved SGA, and was gutted when it got canned. In an ideal world (JM's said as much) there would have been a 6th season for SGA, either alongside or before SGU's 1st , but it would have been VERY expensive to run the shows alongside each other, and have the quality of them remain consistent, when the two shows are (almost) polar-opposites.
              I think the fact remains that some people will always feel this way, there is nothng that can be done about that. I agree a 6th season would have been grand, but I can only imagine that running 2 shows out of the same office is a major strain on resources. my hope at this point is that they use the story ideas they had in mind for a movie series some day, would be great to see a situation like ST hade whith a series on t.v. and a movie series in the theater. I think it is possible, mabey not right now, but could be done one day, I think the show just need to get through this dip. i'll post a thread about this for discution in order to keep this here on topic about ratings.

Comment

Brad said on Twitter the other day that he is going to enjoy himself because next year everything changes. Did he get fired from SGU or something

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  An he constantly moaning about writing partner having left.
                  Personally I think it be good to get some new writers in. Which they have started to do.
                  Writing partner? Is that Paul Mullie? Didn't know he had left.

But yes, i think new blood would be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                    Brad said on Twitter the other day that he is going to enjoy himself because next year everything changes. Did he get fired from SGU or something
                    last time i read that it was attributed to Joe M saying it on his blog.

as to SGA, yes, the show was NOT canceled. Bridge chose to end it. And, as far as I understand it, it had less to do with ratings than simply a creative decision. The writers were done with the show and story and chose to end it and start something new.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the numbers hercthx. I looked through the thread but couldn't find them all, thought it would just be easier to ask. I'm lazy in that way

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post
                        Writing partner? Is that Paul Mullie? Didn't know he had left.

But yes, i think new blood would be a good thing.
                        As far as I know, Mullie is still there. In fact, I think he and Joe M were promoted to showrunners during the second season.

Could someone be confusing him with Cooper?
                        The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          last time i read that it was attributed to Joe M saying it on his blog.

as to SGA, yes, the show was NOT canceled. Bridge chose to end it. And, as far as I understand it, it had less to do with ratings than simply a creative decision. The writers were done with the show and story and chose to end it and start something new.
                          Sorry to contradict you - but if the writers had been done with the show, they wouldn't have found out about its cancellation while preparing to write ep 520. If it really were a creative decision, the writers would have found out much sooner and they would have been allowed to actually, you know, end the series properly - like Smallville or Lost were - not scramble and run around like a chicken with its head chopped off to finish the show somehow in a 40 min. ep.

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
                            Sorry to contradict you - but if the writers had been done with the show, they wouldn't have found out about its cancellation while preparing to write ep 520. If it really were a creative decision, the writers would have found out much sooner and they would have been allowed to actually, you know, end the series properly - like Smallville or Lost were - not scramble and run around like a chicken with its head chopped off to finish the show somehow in a 40 min. ep.
                            I think Skydiver is right, but I think she could have expressed her meaning a bit better.

The scenarios that I prefer to believe (and we will never have the details) that fits what Skydiver said, is that Syfy would have been happy airing both shows at once, the writers of SGA (JM and PM as showrunners) would have been fine doing both shows at once, but either BW and RC didn't want to do 2 shows at once, or MGM said they could only finance 1 show at that time.

The important thing to keep in mind is that Syfy didn't cancel the show, someone on the MGM side did.
                            The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
                              and, with all due respect, 'end the series properly' is a relative term. You may not like or agree with what they did, but they may be perfectly happy with it.

I'm not going to argue or debate 'good or bad' because it's off topic and it's a topic that's been done to death. BUT, no matter how they would have ended it, someone wouldn't have liked it.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

So any idea when we will know SGU's fate?
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X