Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wish and cheer for a show to fail instead of just not watching it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sami_ You beat me to the otherside of HOPE..I hope it will improve...I am actually planning on watching the premiere to see if there has been any improvement.
    All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

To me its fine to dislike a show but most people would just not watch it and move on to watch something that they do like since not everyone has the same tastes. But those who keep constantly bashing it and are like on a mission to see it cancelled I personally find a bit sad.

To me there is a difference between critics and haters and the latter are the ones who are the most vocal in there cries about 'Gateworld Censorship'. There are times where you need to move on. Have been so many shows that have been cancelled that I really miss but obsessing over it just isn't healthy.

Open question encase any of them see this: Going onto a forum, in particular a section where you will find the fans and posting about just how much you hate the show and think it sucks why are you surprised at the responses you received?. I'd like to see you try that on a Twilight forum.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        If you dislike the show and want it cancelled, then what are you doing posting in a forum folder for SGU fans?
        Perhaps because there's HOPE that they'll crash the ship and build an Atlantis out of the rubble and worm drive it home.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
          Perhaps because there's HOPE that they'll crash the ship and build an Atlantis out of the rubble and worm drive it home.
          So what your saying is that some people are deluded?

Comment

Deluded, Fantasy (fiction), isn't the whole franchised based on it?

Not that I want that particular thing to happen. I rather like the show. But from a certain POV, that would be an improvement. No more cry baby civies saying just dial earth already, get us home. No more power struggles (who's in charge). If you want something, DO IT (yourself) already.

Maybe I should get cryogenically frozen. Come back in a dozen years and get the cliff notes version. All the scenes with Rush or Eli, or the outside of Destiny and I'm golden...

Comment

Originally posted by Snookie16 View Post
              For me it isn't about hate it's about HOPE. I am not a sgu fan, I really dislike the direction it has taken the franchise, so I am hopeful that once the show is cancelled, there will (eventually- after a few years) be a new Stargate show that will reboot the franchise with a show I will enjoy. I do not want to see sgu continue and succeed since that is a direction I do not like. So yes, I am hoping it will be cancelled. It's all about HOPE....until then I have my sga and sg1 dvds.

really there is no difference between someone disliking the show and wanting it to fail or someone loving it and wanting it to succeed...both are putting their own likes/dislikes first.
              There's 15 years and two movies worth of 'old' stargate. SGU has only had 1 season. How is that fair to those who enjoy SGU?

Comment

Why wish and cheer for a show to fail instead of just not watching it?
                Because those who do that are petty, small people who have entitlement issues.

Simple, really.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Because those who do that are petty, small people who have entitlement issues.

Simple, really.
                  Mental Green because I couldn't give you green

I don't really see the point of wanting the show to fail it's not like they are listening to you as to what to do I loved SG-1 and I liked SGA and SGU but I don't think I own them I have the DVDs but I don't own the writers or producers no one does no matter what kind of fan you are.
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I don't see anyone on GW cheering for the show to fail, there are people like myself who would like to see some serious changes because we love the franchise too much to let it die. It seems more than a little callous to tell us that we should just "not watch it" and give up any hopes of change after following the series for over 13 years.

Lets face facts, if SGU is cancelled the franchise will most likely die, the small community that is left will die and a lot of people who have made great television for 13 years will find themselves unemployed - I don't want that to happen and I don't think there are as many that do as people suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                      It seems more than a little callous to tell us that we should just "not watch it" and give up any hopes of change after following the series for over 13 years.
                      Well most of the time when we say that its directed towards those who have already made their minds up about SGU (i.e. those who believe that SGU is the worst thing since Hitler).

Comment

ok, now that this has descended into name calling.....

Folks, if people hate the show and want to talk about it, fine. Thing is, we DO have a rule here about 'find something you ENJOY and spend your time there. So if you think SGU is garbage, then please, go and find something and some other show that you do like and spend your time there, leaving the people that like SGU alone. Let them like what they like and leave them be.

That said, those of you that do like the show, it doesn't make you special or anything. You're not above the rules or on some 'holy mission' because you're a fan of the show. You still have to respect others, even if you vehemently disagree with them.

And you're ALL bound by the same rules.

The topic here is NEVER other fans or fan groups.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X