Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU in syndication, is it airing in your area?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU in syndication, is it airing in your area?

After being told here that syndication was a go, I phoned local stations, and while the one currently running ATLANTIS said they'd been offered the show, they turned it down.

None of the others I phoned were carrying it either.

Has anyone heard of a local station in their area that's going to run SGU next month?

proabaly to early for anyone to pick it up. it's only been 1 season.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ummm...

Sorry, but NO.

The show' been released, as I said.

That's how the ATLANTIS station was able to turn it down. It's also why syndication was mentioned here.

Stargate shows appear on local TV the season following their airing on cable. Been that way from the start.

Comment

http://community.livejournal.com/sgu...ny/254493.html

It's syndication time, it appears, and WCIU-TV in Chicago has picked up Stargate Universe. Most likely, this will mean that the show will be picked up by other local television stations across the US (which it has, according to this article, in New York and L.A.).

SG-1 and SGA both ran completely in syndication, as well. SG-1 was picked up for syndication and ran one year behind the new episodes, which were on Showtime to start.

Here's the excerpt from The Dog Blog:

Meanwhile, WCIU has also picked up weekly science fiction drama Stargate: Universe from MGM, with the clearance rate for the off-cable weekly drama currently at 65 percent, with WPIX-TV in New York and KCAL-TV in Los Angeles also on board for airing this fall.

New episodes of Stargate: Universe are currently running on SyFy. Stargate: Universe is the fourth television series in the Stargate franchise, often rivaling arch nemesis Star Trek for most spin-offs, films, and sequels from a science fiction program. The other three television series are Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Infinity, a short-lived animated version of the series (which ironically, isn't connected with the live-action series or the films of the Stargate franchise.)
        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

It's quite normal for a station to not air a show. And who knows why they turned it down. My station, for example, only had room for about 8-10 syndie shows, and if they wanted to add another one, they had to stop airing a different show, and sometimes the contract didn't allow that.

(for example if we were in the middle of 3 year contracts on 8 of the 10 shows, we could only add 2 more no matter how many we'd have loved to have added...and this is presuming that the time we had available was acceptable to the syndicators)

IIRC, the station I worked at was offered and made an offer on SG1, and lost because either we weren't willing to pay what they wanted or the time we'd air it wasn't as good as another station.

Your local station not knowing about it or such....you know, quite often, the only people that'd know what syndie shows we'd been offered was our program manager and station manager. The receptionist often had no idea at all and sometimes barely knew what we were presently airing, not what we might have aired.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

They are airing the show here on syfy in The Netherlands, but I am unsure if it is syndication or first run.
            I dont watch the syfy channel here, i have the full season 1 on blu ray from the UK

Comment

What folks mean by this version of syndication is

we have first run, which is the skiffy airings, then they'll offer the episodes to local stations to air whenever they want/agree on.

so, if your local station picks it up, season 1 of sgu could be airing on a station near you
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well the full season on blu ray is a much better option than to wait for it on your local television , but i also use satellite , it's just the best way see any tv channel you want
                sigpic
                Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  What folks mean by this version of syndication is

we have first run, which is the skiffy airings, then they'll offer the episodes to local stations to air whenever they want/agree on.

so, if your local station picks it up, season 1 of sgu could be airing on a station near you
                  Aha, no no syndication here, just on syfy

Comment

Perhaps they just didn't want it, its certainly more niché than most sci-fi and for a lot of stations I suspect the humor played a part in making SG-1 and SGA more palatable.

I wouldn't expect every station that picked up SG-1 and SGA to automatically pick up SGU.

Most of the people I've introduced SG-1 to over the years didn't really show much interest until they realised it was actually a funny show.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                      Aha, no no syndication here, just on syfy
                      Syfy France (which is the one we get in my bit of Switzerland) doesn't air any SG except the original movie, because M6 has the rights. And they dub. Everything. Not fair.
                      sigpic

Comment

it's only on 'SPACE' here but that's an almost purely sci-fi channel, so it's not surprising
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

What's a 'local' station?

Comment

I don't see SGU doing well at all in Syndication. SGA struggled but got by, and on top of that, SGU is more serial than casual viewer friendly.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              What's a 'local' station?
                              the ones that show stuff on NBC i think, like my local channel shows the local stuff, but mostly shows shows on NBC

Comment

Working...
                              X