Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perhaps Destiny is still not far enough out into the universe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps Destiny is still not far enough out into the universe?

In "Air", Rush mentioned that the Ancients launched Destiny millions of years ago, and planned to use the Stargate to get there when it was far enough out into the universe.

Well, maybe it still isn't far enough out for the Ancients to gate there? Maybe there is a small group of Ancients at some unknown location, who decided not to ascend because of the importance of Destiny's mission, and they have some way of tracking the ship. When it is far enough out, perhaps when it reaches it's destination, maybe they will then gate to the ship in order to finish the mission.

And since the Destiny Expedition is now in command of the ship, this could lead to some very interesting conflicts if a group of Ancients suddenly gate to the ship

I think it went too far out in the universe and they haven't planned for that. The ship seems durable and all but no one would have believed it was capable of surviving all those years.

hmm, but this does raise questions, maybe there is an Ascended ancients homeworld we dont know about
    Last edited by Duneknight; 21 July 2010, 02:08 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

i'd airlock anyone who claims to be an ancient.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        "I am an Ancient. this is my vessel, i will send you home"
        greer shoots him

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          I'm an ancient. Howdy.
          sigpic

Comment

flamethrows him

Comment

No. The navigational maps contradict this
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Well according to the Sci-Fi Austrailia Blog *massive spoiler alert*
                Spoiler:
                the destiny has a destination of cosmic importance, so that's why they didn't go to the destiny.

Comment

Perhaps Destiny wasn't intended to be boarded at all. I'm thinking that the Ancients may have chosen to only board the ship if it was necessary (e.g. for repairs, a slight change in course if something new came up, to fight off unwanted residents etc) and the quarters are only there just incase. I think Destiny'simportance is the ship itself, as its own entity, not to take a crew somewhere.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
                    In "Air", Rush mentioned that the Ancients launched Destiny millions of years ago, and planned to use the Stargate to get there when it was far enough out into the universe.

Well, maybe it still isn't far enough out for the Ancients to gate there? Maybe there is a small group of Ancients at some unknown location, who decided not to ascend because of the importance of Destiny's mission, and they have some way of tracking the ship. When it is far enough out, perhaps when it reaches it's destination, maybe they will then gate to the ship in order to finish the mission.

And since the Destiny Expedition is now in command of the ship, this could lead to some very interesting conflicts if a group of Ancients suddenly gate to the ship
                    Rush says that they learned to ascend before then and basically abandoned Destiny. I don't really see actual Ancients showing up. Maybe Ancient information but an appearance? I doubt it.
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                      Rush says that they learned to ascend before then and basically abandoned Destiny. I don't really see actual Ancients showing up. Maybe Ancient information but an appearance? I doubt it.
                      They also won't show up because Ascension was the most important thing for them, Destiny wasnt even important enough to be archived on Atlantis. I just hope SGU doesn't copy LOST's ending.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                        Well according to the Sci-Fi Austrailia Blog *massive spoiler alert*
                        Spoiler:
                        the destiny has a destination of cosmic importance, so that's why they didn't go to the destiny.
                        no, they didn't go to the Destiny, because they ascended/died
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

the destiny is going to seal the cracks
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

LOL@Pharoah Atem
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe they want Destiny to ascend, so they have a ship to play with in Ascended-land...

Comment

Working...
                              X