X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
    I managed 10 mins through W13's first episode

Which channels are telletubbies on again?
    It sounded so cool but man it just didn't hit the mark. I was so excited when I downloaded it but what a let down.

Breaking bad...now that show has exceeded all expectations!
    sigpic

Comment

I actually Enjoy W13....*ducks for cover*

W13 is a far more light hearted show than any of the SGU. Its great in the sense that you can watch 1 esp in the middle and not really miss the story. It made a good impression on me for the light laughs.

The new season villain on the other hand has got me excited...rofl!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deckker View Post

W13 is a far more light hearted show than any of the SGU. Its great in the sense that you can watch 1 esp in the middle and not really miss the story. It made a good impression on me for the light laughs.

I actually think W13 would be better without the light heartedness. A darker tone would do it well I think.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deckker View Post

yeah, because it doesn't have any story at all
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            I actually think W13 would be better without the light heartedness. A darker tone would do it well I think.
            I think W13 is great. What would have been good is if it would have been "The Lost Room" instead. Which is a very similar concept. The storyline was already tighter right off the bat with the different group looking for artifacts. I also like how TLR gave some attention to the effect of the artifact on those which possessed it. Giving it a dramatic edge. For example, they often becomes dependent on it. The concept could have continue in a similar fashion even by keeping a somewhat episodic format (like W13).

What Warehouse 13 got over TLR is that the artifacts are real objects which are linked to some aspect of history. And Warehouse 13 got more humor with a pretty good man/woman buddy thing going on.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              yeah, because it doesn't have any story at all
              Its okay to dislike but to claim it has no story is just wrong.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I tried the first 3 eps of w13 to see what all the viewers were in for... and it reminds me HEAVILY of eureka. And imho, eureka had more substance in the first 3 eps. I love Saul Rubinek, but he seems to be a pretty single molded character actor. The show rides completely on his shoulders from what i've seen, and that doesn't seem strong enough to pull the two heavily wooden leads through their stories... perhaps it matures as the season goes on.. i'm sure i'll find out eventually. The ratings for it are just baffling to me though... compared.

Comment

WH13 has a story and a mythos and plot arc. It's just a much lighter show and not as serial as others.

you can miss 1 or 2 and not miss that much, so it's a more casual show to watch than one like SGU where if you miss one you miss a whole part of the story

WH13 is also benefiting from network re-runs. Nothing on tuesday is new right now beyond deadliest catch.

SGU will not pull in massive numbers this fall simply because it will be facing heavy network competition on all 3 networks. IF skiffy wanted the higher numbers, they need to be airing it now, when the competition is lighter than this fall
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    WH13 has a story and a mythos and plot arc. It's just a much lighter show and not as serial as others.

you can miss 1 or 2 and not miss that much, so it's a more casual show to watch than one like SGU where if you miss one you miss a whole part of the story

WH13 is also benefiting from network re-runs. Nothing on tuesday is new right now beyond deadliest catch.

SGU will not pull in massive numbers this fall simply because it will be facing heavy network competition on all 3 networks. IF skiffy wanted the higher numbers, they need to be airing it now, when the competition is lighter than this fall
                    That's an interesting theory, though i'm not sure viewership in summer months ever approaches the numbers during the 'regular' season. People are busy with alot more decidedly un-televisiony activities during the summer. Sure, there are more college students to rack the numbers in the summer, but i'm not an expert on the numbers.. i'm not sure anyone is. The ratings are pretty flawed.

Comment

Originally posted by greebwee View Post
                      That's an interesting theory, though i'm not sure viewership in summer months ever approaches the numbers during the 'regular' season. People are busy with alot more decidedly un-televisiony activities during the summer. Sure, there are more college students to rack the numbers in the summer, but i'm not an expert on the numbers.. i'm not sure anyone is. The ratings are pretty flawed.
                      The thing is, W13 IS rating so well because it airs in the summer months, so clearly there is an audience. Summer means there is no real competition. SGU is going to be affected by competition on a Tuesday night (which it moves too). The OP was speculating that the ratings of W13 on a tuesday could potentially carry over to the spring season... it cannot.

If Skiffy want SGU to rate well, I agree, summer would be a better time to air it. Give us a short season, which means it has to be punchier, and air it when they know people are tuning into scripted series on Skiffy. During the Spring season they currently aren't.
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                        The thing is, W13 IS rating so well because it airs in the summer months, so clearly there is an audience. Summer means there is no real competition. SGU is going to be affected by competition on a Tuesday night (which it moves too). The OP was speculating that the ratings of W13 on a tuesday could potentially carry over to the spring season... it cannot.

If Skiffy want SGU to rate well, I agree, summer would be a better time to air it. Give us a short season, which means it has to be punchier, and air it when they know people are tuning into scripted series on Skiffy. During the Spring season they currently aren't.
                        Well, and all i'm saying is, it's an interesting theory. Saying people watch it for this and that reasons is pretty speculative. Advertisement has a big hold on how much people watch... competition obviously will too. People also can watch 2 shows at once most of the time these days due to dvr, and that skews everything. I'm just not sure a very arc-based show will do well during the summer months when people are... as we can all agree.... watching shows casually since nothing airs. Not everyone on those numbers lists for stargate are fans... alot of them aren't. *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          It's easy to say. If SGU was shown during the summer and had bad ratings fans like you would say that people don't watch much TV during the summer.

You must ask yourself the question why do network don't put up 'heavy competition' during the summer. The answer is simple, they think not enough people are watching TV or they would made millions of dollars in ads revenue. During the fall and winter season there's more competition but more people watching TV. Bottom line people don't watch things they don't like and watch things they like.
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                            W13? such a crap
                            I guess SyFy is going to sell more of this crap, since it is one of their biggest successful series. lol.

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                            Let's hope those are signs of things to come for SGU on it's new Tuesday slot for next season. It also says a lot about the style and type of format most appreciated by the people watching Syfy, including all demos.

During the telecast, Warehouse 13 delivered:
                            • 2.03 HH rating
                            • 2.961 million total viewers
                            • 1.576 million Adults 25-54
                            • 1.354 million Adults 18-49 - second-highest delivery in this demo for the series
                            • 820,000 Men 18-49 viewers, a series high in the demo

http://www.fanbolt.com/headline/8625...w_Ratings_High

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/07...-of-2010/56314
                            Different shows at different times of the year so don't think this is signs for things to come. To give you some info, The SGU finale did not even make it past 2 Million viewers after all DVR counted. The episode before just barely made it over 1.7 Million after all DVR. W13, even when there was competition still managed to drum up over 3 Million viewers after all DVR, even when the live numbers dipped. SGU did not see a surge in DVR numbers and actually lost in that area as well.

W13 and Eureka are more casual viewer friendly. They are just good fun shows that have gotten postive word of mouth, which as you know is very important to have that good word of mouth and buzz. Whether it be from critics or someone chatting with you in public. SGU just has not wowed people to say "YOU MUST WATCH THIS SHOW" BSG did that, so did the other gates. As a representative of SyFy, a lot of buzz even goes on there, and can tell you, W13 is SyFy's biggest hit ever.

People say W13 sucks or is crap. Well they did not lose too many viewers from last season. Which indicates, well it is not crap. Do you really think the average casual viewers is going to sit through something they don't like? Yes us fans do it, even the anti peeps for SGU watch the show even if they say they don't. But the casual viewer is not going to watch crap or something they don't like and will give up on a show. When you look at ratings, and see a show lose about 1,000,000 viewers from it's series premiere, you have an issue. A show that can actually grow from it's premiere and maintain is getting some kind of positve buzz, and people are liking what they see.

I am curious how Eureka and Haven will do. Haven did not get a lot of positive reviews, and well Eureka has a rather large audience.
                            Last edited by Briangate78; 11 July 2010, 04:40 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              I guess SyFy is going to sell more of this crap, since it is one of their biggest successful series. lol.

Different shows at different times of the year so don't think this is signs for things to come. To give you some info, The SGU finale did not even make it past 2 Million viewers after all DVR counted. The episode before just barely made it over 1.7 Million after all DVR. W13, even when there was competition still managed to drum up over 3 Million viewers after all DVR, even when the live numbers dipped. SGU did not see a surge in DVR numbers and actually lost in that area as well.

W13 and Eureka are more casual viewer friendly. They are just good fun shows that have gotten postive word of mouth, which as you know is very important to have that good word of mouth and buzz. Whether it be from critics or someone chatting with you in public. SGU just has not wowed people to say "YOU MUST WATCH THIS SHOW" BSG did that, so did the other gates. As a representative of SyFy, a lot of buzz even goes on there, and can tell you, W13 is SyFy's biggest hit ever.

People say W13 sucks or is crap. Well they did not lose too many viewers from last season. Which indicates, well it is not crap....... Before people say it's subjective quality = ratings, do you really think the average casual viewers is going to sit through something they don't like? Yes us fans do it, even the anti peeps for SGU watch the show even if they say they don't. But the casual viewer is not going to watch crap or something they don't like and will give up on a show. When you look at ratings, and see a show lose about 1,000,000 viewers from it's series premiere, you have an issue. A show that can actually grow from it's premiere and maintain is getting some kind of positve buzz, and people are liking what they see.

I am curious how Eureka and Haven will do. Haven did not get a lot of positive reviews, and well Eureka has a rather large audience.
                              Its funny you mention Eureka. I would have expected a those acclerated ratings from them but still nothing making me wonder if they and Haven didn't do very well
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Warehouse 13 getting high ratings does not garuntee that Stargate: Universe will get high ratings. What if the the second season is too hard to follow, what if the writing is lame, what if they take too long to develope stories? One show getting high ratings has nothing to do with wether another show will get high ratings. I would say just wait and see. If Season 2 is good quallity, then it will get high ratings.

Comment

Working...
                                X