Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's be honest here. In all likelihood, they have no contraceptives of any kind. The question is, who will get pregnant first - Park or Chloe?

Comment

I can't agree with that, in would think they all had a Norplant stick inserted before boarding the starship to Icuras Base. Unless they make a time jump it should last as long as most series last

Comment

Originally posted by Meshakhad View Post
        Let's be honest here. In all likelihood, they have no contraceptives of any kind. The question is, who will get pregnant first - Park or Chloe?
        Park. It seems like she has sex more then Chloe
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by brotymo
          the pull out method works good. Worked for me without fail for years since I couldn't take BC pills when I was younger.

In fact, it worked without fail.

My first child was planned, but I've gotten pregnant with 3 out of my 4 children (one currently is on the way) ON birth control (twice on the low-dose pills and currently am expecting a baby after having had my tubes tied 12 years ago!).
          A) You were extremely lucky - I think it is something like 20% of 'pull-out' methods results in a pregnancy!

B) Get a better doctor (just joking) - it is amazing that you defy the odds with the pull-out method yet get pregnant using contraception with success rates of over 95%. I guess there's always an exception.

Originally posted by fmbchris View Post
          I should think all the chicks would be prego on destiny by now! I mean come on?
          Wray? No prego for Wrayo!

I agree that for those who have sexual relationships with on a regular basis would probably be in control of their own contraception. I'm sure some women have an IUD, I'm sure some men carry condoms. I would expect condoms to be included in their toiletry packs if they are on a tour off Earth. But in the end, I don't really care - it's a TV show, and like someone else said, we don't see them go to the bathroom etc (well, it doesnt make great tv...) it isn't the most important part of the show/story is it? Maybe Park will get a STD/STI due to her reading later in S2... I doubt TPTB will ever address it.
          sigpic

Comment

A STD? Until the LA soldiers arrived everyone on that ship had to have been medically screened to go off planet. Unless some kind of eel or tick left them with an infection that requires close contact to pass they should be as safe from that as any population, anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Park. It seems like she has sex more then Chloe
              All we know is that Park goes through more short stories than Chloe, who seems to be a slow reader. For all we know, Chloe reads every night, a page at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
                All we know is that Park goes through more short stories than Chloe, who seems to be a slow reader. For all we know, Chloe reads every night, a page at a time.
                Its possible but more likely a person who "jumps" around has sex more often a person who stays with one person.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Scott7070 View Post
                  it's a TV show, and like someone else said, we don't see them go to the bathroom etc (well, it doesnt make great tv...) it isn't the most important part of the show/story is it? Maybe Park will get a STD/STI due to her reading later in S2... I doubt TPTB will ever address it.
                  I agree i don't really care all that much.. but for the sake of the writers goals... they've been using quite a bit of sex to "develop" their characters... in fact they use more sex to show bonds being created than actually writing situations for those bonds to appear... And i, for one... would love to see some consequences for these character flaws.. or attributes.. or whatever you want to call them. Sleeping around doesn't do most of us all that good... even with contraception, and if some of our main characters are gonna sleep around the entire duration of the show... yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott7070 View Post
                    Maybe Park will get a STD/STI due to her reading later in S2... I doubt TPTB will ever address it.
                    Dude you are reading the wrong books if you are getting STDs from reading.

How exactly would she get an STD from a bunch of people with no diseases? Maybe the blue aliens are a bunch of space sluts
                    sigpic

Comment

There are plenty of scientists on board, I'm sure someone could cook something up.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        There are plenty of scientists on board, I'm sure someone could cook something up.
                        What so the scientists are going to create a strain of herpes on Destiny? WTF comment of the year so far.
                        sigpic

Comment

The thread is about birth control, not STD's.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            The thread is about birth control, not STD's.
                            Yes you are quite right. However your comment still deserved its WTF post of the year status.
                            sigpic

Comment

Or maybe one of the more promiscious guys has hpv and gave it to all the girl, and now theyre sterile :O

Comment

Given all the radiation that they seem to come in contact with, I'd be surprised if the majority of the characters from all three shows weren't sterile!

Comment

Working...
                                X