Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one thing that can save the show, ratings-wise!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one thing that can save the show, ratings-wise!

ANIMALS! Think about it. Who doesn't love animals? Aside from Al-Qaida, I mean.
    Now, I know there's an obstacle here, but maybe they can find another Icarus planet and throw in a bunny or two before the place blows up.

Also, maybe an alien pet? If they had a furry little creature running around the place, I think that could really attract new, younger viewers. Maybe even an animal that SINGS! Like, a space parrot? That way, the show can better compete with Glee in the 9PM timeslot.

Nah. There's no need to compete with Glee. Just merge the two shows into a full blown sci fi/drama/comedy/musical. I can already imagine Eli singing this song. Also, with Sue Sylvester on the ship, both Rush and Young would crawl up in separate corners and cry themselves to sleep after she's done with them.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
      Now, I know there's an obstacle here, but maybe they can find another Icarus planet and throw in a bunny or two before the place blows up.

Also, maybe an alien pet? If they had a furry little creature running around the place, I think that could really attract new, younger viewers. Maybe even an animal that SINGS! Like, a space parrot? That way, the show can better compete with Glee in the 9PM timeslot.
      well, and you can EAT them! mmmmm, bunny burgers...
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Nah man, I've read Animal Farm. The animals will overrule us.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

We don't you think Greer exist? He is the literal definition of animal
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            We don't you think Greer exist? He is the literal definition of animal
            Sex kitten, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
              Nah. There's no need to compete with Glee. Just merge the two shows into a full blown sci fi/drama/comedy/musical. I can already imagine Eli singing this song. Also, with Sue Sylvester on the ship, both Rush and Young would crawl up in separate corners and cry themselves to sleep after she's done with them.

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
              well, and you can EAT them! mmmmm, bunny burgers...
              ewwwwww ... and ... poor liddle bunnies. Oh well, with bunnies, there would eventually be so many of them that the crew would have no problem getting enough protein.

Comment

I know you're joking, OP, but I agree. I'd like to see some friendly space animals encountered on missions. I'd like to see one kept as a pet. I love the dark, dreary tone of the show but we need more things to make us smile to balance it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
                  I know you're joking, OP, but I agree. I'd like to see some friendly space animals encountered on missions. I'd like to see one kept as a pet. I love the dark, dreary tone of the show but we need more things to make us smile to balance it out.
                  Joking? Me? Never. I'm dead serious. Space pets. Remember this thing, from Lost in Space(appropriate, considering that's one comparison many drew in regards to SGU - also, even fewer people watched that movie than they do SGU):

Comment

I love the idea of them picking up some alien creature from one of the planets they visit, and ending up with a permanent pet type thing that stays on the ship with them.

I agree that it could offer some "lighten up" moments when they're needed, and I think it could be done without going against the general tone they're going for with SGU.

Comment

Who says AQ doesn't love animals?! they haven't blown up any animals shelters afaik.

Comment

How about normal pets like a dog or a cat - where are they going to get food for the pet.

Comment

Furlings. Animals and aliens mixed into one, can't go wrong.
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't really want to see my step mother on the show to be honest. :/

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                              How about normal pets like a dog or a cat - where are they going to get food for the pet.
                              They can feed it space slop, just like the kind everyone else eats.

Comment

Working...
                              X