This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who had the best first season?

So, now that the first season is done, which show do you think had the best first season? SG-1, Atlantis, or Universe?

I personally think that SGA had the best first season. It was full of exploration and suspense, figuring out the city, and one of the best season finales in StarGate.

I can't say who had the "best" first season, but I can comment on which one I liked best.

I think it is a tie between Atlantis and SGU for me - both have stories that really got me interested. The first season of Atlantis was the best one for me (I wasn't happy when they become so closely tied to Earth), and so far I've loved SGU.

The first season of SG1 wasn't all that for me - but part of the blame comes in how I watched it. I didn't start watching SG1 until part way through season 3 - so I saw seasons 1 and 2 later, and that may be part of why those earlier seasons don't seem as great to me - I saw them after I knew what came next, so there wasn't that sense of discovery.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

To be fair, I think Atlantis has a phenomenal first Season who get me immediately hooked.
      SGU comes for me in second place and for SG1 I had needed a Season to warm up to.
      sigpic

Comment

Sga
        sg-1
        sgu
        sigpic

Comment

It just comes down to what I watch sci-fi for. SGU has more astronomy related things. Also I like the story telling style of SGU best. I'm not really a fan of the one off episode that doesn't push an arc forward that's why I really enjoyed how they did Season 3 of Enterprise. I also like how SGU is not a war story. So far it's only been exploration out of desperation though and I'm looking forward to some more exploration as more of them accept their lot and even start to appreciate the rare opportunity they have.

There was a lot I liked about season one of SGA the main turn off (the difference between kinda of fun and must see) was the bogeymen bad guys. Still fun in a campy way but I just didn't suspend my disbelief as much and not so edge of my seat as I am with SGU.

Not really able to watch season-1 of SG-1, it may just be the budget restrictions, they did ok with what they had and maybe I need to try it again. I know there were some good one off episodes but not nearly engaging as SGA and SGU.
          I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx
            Sgu
            sg1
            sga

I keep trying to capitalize these but every time, they come up as lower case...weird...
            Try it again now.

Spoiler:
            Surprise: Gateworld doesn't allow you to have all-capitalized posts. You have to include a bit of lowercase-ness in it somewhere, which you now have.

As for the topic...I can't really decide between SGA and SGU - both were great, but in different ways. SG1 is slightly below them, but only slightly, thanks to the few gems that were just phenomenal scifi stories, like Torment of Tantalus, or Cold Lazarus, or The Nox.

EDIT: Ahhh! You removed the lower-case letters!

Comment

SGU simply because it has broken new ground for the SG franchise. SG1 and SGA were all about the buddy vibe and the premise that every episode would be wrapped up neatly in an hour and onto the next adventure next week. SGU's doing away with those qualitys in favour of a dramatic season long arc and a much moodier, darker vibe, could have been its undoing, and im sure a percentage of the fans of SG1 and SGA wont have enjoyed the changes but overall I think its worked extremely well.
              Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

SGU, followed by SG1 and lastly by SGA
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Stargate SG-1

Comment

i like all SG series, none are particularly better imo, but now the franchise is expanding it becomes greater than the sum of its parts. kind of like star wars, some of star wars is utter tripe, but its more than made up for by the richness in the background.

will say the cast chemistry was never bettered after SG1, some of SGA were ok, but i didn't get the impression they had the same levels of friendship the SG1 team had. SGU remains to be seen.
                    sigpic
                    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                    -Liberty Prime

Comment

Stargate Atlantis definitely had the best first season. Its a no brainer IMO. In fact I would go as far as saying the first season Atlantis was a perfect season.

Comment

Dang that's hard... Haven't really seen the first season of sg-1... Only parts

But I'd say

SGA&SGU tied for first.. And the SG-1
                        sigpic

Comment

SGA is on top by a longshot. The show dipped a little in Season 2, but then became even better in Season 3 and 4. SGU has rather large shoes to fill and so far they are not doing it. I even place SG-1's 1st season above SGU.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            SGA is on top by a longshot. The show dipped a little in Season 2, but then became even better in Season 3 and 4. SGU has rather large shoes to fill and so far they are not doing it. I even place SG-1's 1st season above SGU.
                            Yeah, i'd put SG1 over SGU as well...SGU IMO had a very bumpy and slow season, the weakest of all three.

Comment

SGA for sure had the best 1st season especially the 1st episode.It was awesome! In 2nd place is SG-1.Can't so to much about as i can't remember most of it and i haven't seen it for ages. SGU is defently last for me.Not a fan of SGU but i did see some of the episodes.

SGA = no.1
                              GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Working...
                              X