This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young's seizures spoilers for all of s1

In Air it was shown both in a flashback and when he was hurt that Young has some kind of medical condition making him prone to seizures. All season I kept thinking he was going to have one in a pivotal moment, but it didn't happen. I wonder if the writers have decided to drop that idea, or if the payoff is yet to come. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Perfecto!

J Mallozzi confirmed it was just for the transition from Young's flashback to his real-life post-Icarus seizure. I'll go hunt down the quote for you, but suffice to say that we can't blame Young's nuttiness on some sort of brain problems...

EDIT: Yo.

Kevin also writes: “Also, in the premier, Young has a seizure concurrently in both a dream sequence and in real life. Was he starting to have real seizures before Icarus and this is why he turned down the expedition? Or was the seizure totally related to the blow he took after being ejected thru the gate?”

Answer: His collapsing in the flashback was a bleed-thru of the concussion he received/seizure he experienced back on Destiny.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Oh. That's kinda lame. I was really hoping that was a set up for something later.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
        Oh. That's kinda lame. I was really hoping that was a set up for something later.
        Me too. Well at least it's there if they change their minds.

Comment

Huh. I thought it was kinda obvious it was just a scene transition. If Young really had medical issues, they would've even been hinted somewhere else along the line. Like say, scenes with his wife, scenes with TJ, scenes with Telford, scenes with Rush or scenes with O'Neill? By Life I figured that everyone would think it wasn't an actual thing, because it would've come up.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            Huh. I thought it was kinda obvious it was just a scene transition. If Young really had medical issues, they would've even been hinted somewhere else along the line. Like say, scenes with his wife, scenes with TJ, scenes with Telford, scenes with Rush or scenes with O'Neill? By Life I figured that everyone would think it wasn't an actual thing, because it would've come up.
            Well, I figured that with the way SGU is more serialized that it was a setup for the future and it wouldn't be mentioned until it came time to use it. You're right though, it should have been brought up if it was going to be used like that.

Perfecto!

Comment

it;s sort of like when your alarm bleeds into your dreams and you dream of bells or something. Getting a pretty good knock on the head can result in seizures (personal experience there)
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                it;s sort of like when your alarm bleeds into your dreams and you dream of bells or something. Getting a pretty good knock on the head can result in seizures (personal experience there)
                That explains quite a lot
                sigpic
                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                  That explains quite a lot
                  *blows a raspberry at Cory*
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                  X