• Show
Clear All

I was talking DVD players not the DVDs
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I was talking DVD players not the DVDs
      Ah, well, in that case, no again. Since the government watchdog (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission who enforces the Trade Practices Act) took Sony to the High Court (equivalent to the US Supreme Court) because they contended region coding on playstations were anti-competitive, DVD players have been either region free out of the box or via a code. Sony objected to people modding their playstations to play overseas games (DVDs included because it's the same region coding). I'm just waiting on the equivalent blu ray case, which is likely to happen sooner or later. That said, there is already a region free blu ray player available locally. Too easy.

Comment

I have all aired episode on my sky + box. I will delete them once the season 1 box set come out on bluray in the UK.
        sigpic
        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
        Metal gear fan

Comment

for me it takes 2 years to get DVD's: between a half and a full year before it gets out in the first place, and then another year/year and a half before it's actually available here in the Netherlands.

so no, i don't care about my methods.

Comment

Yeah, I would like to watch it using the methods I can talk about...but because there's no way how to do it, for now, I have to use those you-know-what methods. But I will buy "complete series DVD or BR" when it comes out here in region 2 one day, so it's gonna be fifty-fifty...I just hope it won't be after the season 2...

They are coming...Smurfs!

Comment

Meh, if it isn't available where you live, there's nothing wrong with downloading it (Hey, you can get it in 1080p too!). Especially if you buy the DVD when it comes out down the road.

First of all it's the producer/TV stations fault. If they can't be bothered with releasing a DVD where I live, they obviously don't want my money, so why should I jump through hoops to BUY the product they're SELLING.

Secondly: Depending on where you live, tampering with DVDs/DVD players to make them regionfree is considered piracy and illegal. Oddly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by vszulc View Post
                Secondly: Depending on where you live, tampering with DVDs/DVD players to make them regionfree is considered piracy and illegal. Oddly enough.
                DVDs, yes. At best, tampering with a DVD player to make it region free would simply void the warranty.

Comment

I record it on my T.V., and keep those recordings for months... sometimes even years.

I'll usually go back and watch the episodes as I get ready for sleep.

Comment

I download the ep to my computer to watch later and then when the season comes out on DVD I'll buy it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                      I download the ep to my computer to watch later and then when the season comes out on DVD I'll buy it.
                      You pay for the download? Like itunes?
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X