This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Rodney?

It seems like Rodney (and/or Zelenka) would be the most invaluable people to import to Destiny, just purely from an in-universe perspective. They probably have the most experience with understanding unfamiliar Ancient technology, and even though Destiny far predates any Pegasus technology they've seen (and would be like asking a PHP/SQL programmer to code something on a punchcard), they've shown that they have an understanding of Ancient "design philosophy" that Rush seems to lack.

My question is just this, though...do we know where Rodney is right now? Is he doing something that would explain (in-universe) the absence on the show so far of SGA stars? Will the SGA movie answer my question?

I would love to see Rodney and Rush but heads ... I miss the old characters like they are friends I have not seen in awhile
    Hurt & Heal EXTREME come cast your vote PLEASEIts in fun & games go find it!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Rodney, Sam, Zelenka.... it would be great to see any of them ... I almost wish it was Zelenka!!!
      Hurt & Heal EXTREME come cast your vote PLEASEIts in fun & games go find it!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
        It seems like Rodney (and/or Zelenka) would be the most invaluable people to import to Destiny, just purely from an in-universe perspective. They probably have the most experience with understanding unfamiliar Ancient technology, and even though Destiny far predates any Pegasus technology they've seen (and would be like asking a PHP/SQL programmer to code something on a punchcard), they've shown that they have an understanding of Ancient "design philosophy" that Rush seems to lack.

My question is just this, though...do we know where Rodney is right now? Is he doing something that would explain (in-universe) the absence on the show so far of SGA stars? Will the SGA movie answer my question?
        Rodney belongs in the world of Atlantis but not in the world of Destiny. But what the hell, that's just my opinion
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Apparently the SGA movie explains why they are not available.

Comment

Originally posted by Badhron View Post
            Apparently the SGA movie explains why they are not available.
            Indeed! I hope. Besides I think Rodney would refuse to be on the Destiny, Zelenka may be more possible to be on the Destiny. I could see Zelenka (and Sheppard) on SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by droid327 View Post

Well when we last looked Atlantis needed big time repairs. Seeing how he knows Atlantis systems better then most he's probably fixing that.
              thelastgreatprophecy.com

Comment

He's in the Aurora Galaxy, unlocking the secrets of Neptune, the ancients other city ship.
                sigpic

Comment

Probably busy with something else related to Atlantis. The SGA movie (if it ever happens) should explain it. Hopefully the writers keep it this way.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't think he'd want to leave Atlantis, considering that now the city would be 100% filled with scientists unlocking the cities' full potential and establishing it as a base/weapon, Don't think he'd like others discovering things without him. Destiny is Rush's passion not Rodney's.

Perhaps an appearance further down the track will be needed.
                    Flickr Account: Gallery

Comment

wheres the president? hes in charge and people are lost but we havent seen him????????????

Comment

Haha, we have to have at least a cameo by him at some point.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see Rodney show up via the stones, (mainly for his inevitable confrontation with Rush) but I couldn't see him allowing himself to body swap. And I also agree with others that Rodney is one character that may not work with SGU's very different tone. But RDA got to play Jack as 'classic' Jack in Subversion, so who knows maybe they could make it work with Rodney too.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Zatarc View Post
                            Haha, we have to have at least a cameo by him at some point.
                            I sure hope so! Although I want to see Sheppard more...

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick
                              I concur. SGA became the Rodney McKay show. Lets keep SGU McKay-free.
                              rodney could always be brought on board but have a stone midhap right as he's about to make a big discovery and then rush and eli will be tasked at finishing his work.
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X