No announcement yet.

Do the seeder ships Terraform too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My vote would be no. There is no evidence of Terraforming on any of the planets we've seen so far. Not to mention - as said by others here - it would take far to much time and resources.

Spoiler:
    As for the planet shown in the 'Faith' trailers, my gamble is that it is the Homeworld of the Blue Aliens. I think it was probably a nastier originally, but then the Seeder ships came along and put a Stargate there.

Thanks to the Gate, the locals were able to reach other worlds. This allowed them to Terraform their world - by bringing plants and animals from other worlds - and develop space flight. The Bleu Aliens see the Ancients as their saviors because they planted the Gate. They want Destiny so bad because they believe it will take them to the next level.
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

You cant terraform a planet by bringing plants and animals throught the Stargate becouse not all plant and animal life is able to survive on a planet ment to sustain carbon based life.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
        My vote would be no. There is no evidence of Terraforming on any of the planets we've seen so far. Not to mention - as said by others here - it would take far to much time and resources.

Spoiler:
        As for the planet shown in the 'Faith' trailers, my gamble is that it is the Homeworld of the Blue Aliens. I think it was probably a nastier originally, but then the Seeder ships came along and put a Stargate there.

Thanks to the Gate, the locals were able to reach other worlds. This allowed them to Terraform their world - by bringing plants and animals from other worlds - and develop space flight. The Bleu Aliens see the Ancients as their saviors because they planted the Gate. They want Destiny so bad because they believe it will take them to the next level.
        Spoiler:
        That is not possible. You need a DHD to dial a gate which are only on the Destiny
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Im sure i remember on one of the podcasts that darren or david commented on how they asked one of tptb whether the ancients were seeding their dna asswell as stargates across the universe and they evaded the question.

I think it's quite plausible that the seeder ships are depositing more than stargates on planets. You have to remember that the Destiny 'project' was a long term venture, possibly an undertaking of hundreds if not thousands of years. If all the seeder ships did is deposit microbes or whatever then that leaves time for things to flourish.

Just a hypothesis though. I'd be quite interested to see what happens in faith and whether it actually has anything to do with these theories but i wouldn't be surprised if it does.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
            Spoiler:
            If that implies they didn't just terraform an existing planet, but created their own, wow, that would be a collosal undertaking from an engineering standpoint. Consider the mass alone they'd need to move to make that happen, the thought makes my head hurt.
            Shouldnt be too difficult, really all it requires is a slight bump in gravity in a protoplanetary disk around a very young star. As long as the cloud has the right molecular make up you can pretty much predict what kinda planet youre gonna get.

Comment

I think it’s highly unlikely that the Ancients terra formed at all. It’s pointless if you think about it, why put all your resources into making a planet liveable when you can just go to one of a thousand already habitable worlds.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X