Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU Actor News & Appearances (Non-Stargate)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamil Walker Smith will be attending the Napa Valley Film Festival that is November 9-13. His film "Make A Movie Like Spike" will be shown. Since I live in Napa County, I will get to see this film. I am happily surprised. This festival is the first year, and they are showing a lot of indy films. And I don't have to buy a pass to see films, just $10 at the door, that's really amazing for an event like this in Napa!http://napavalleyfilmfest.org/
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kimmyg View Post
      Maybe Louis will get a juicy part in Once Upon a Time. Although, I'd love a juicy movie with both those guys and they'd have to be in the entire film.

A western, so riding of horses and sweat.
      Oh My God, yes!!! That would be the perfect thing! And Bobby has to be the bad guy and Louis would be the sheriff
      sigpic

Comment

I watched "Once Upon a Time" last night. Robert Carlyle is so good in the show.
        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
        Individuality is freedom lived.
        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
          I watched "Once Upon a Time" last night. Robert Carlyle is so good in the show.
          Oh yes, he is I love it! Both Rumpy and Mr. Gold. Crazy and creepy
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
            Oh My God, yes!!! That would be the perfect thing! And Bobby has to be the bad guy and Louis would be the sheriff
            Okay, so are you telling me that is a plot bunny to be developed? Because I can probably handle that as an AU SGU idea. Don't know if I can develop as a different kind of story. I can't get SGU out of my head. But, as it would be an alternate universe Rush and Young, the idea itself would work.

Rush is an evil steam punk kinda scientist ala Wild Wild West type character and Young as the sheriff or Pinkerton agent is sent to stop his diabolical plan.

Comment

Jamil Walker Smith will be attending the Napa Valley Film Festival that is November 9-13. His film "Make A Movie Like Spike" will be shown. Since I live in Napa County, I will get to see this film. I am happily surprised. This festival is the first year, and they are showing a lot of indy films. And I don't have to buy a pass to see films, just $10 at the door, that's really amazing for an event like this in Napa!http://napavalleyfilmfest.org/
              Way Cool. You'll have to tell us about the film after you see it.

Comment

Originally posted by kimmyg View Post
                Okay, so are you telling me that is a plot bunny to be developed? Because I can probably handle that as an AU SGU idea. Don't know if I can develop as a different kind of story. I can't get SGU out of my head. But, as it would be an alternate universe Rush and Young, the idea itself would work.

Rush is an evil steam punk kinda scientist ala Wild Wild West type character and Young as the sheriff or Pinkerton agent is sent to stop his diabolical plan.
                Dunno, but even a story with Rush and Young in an alternate reality would be great. Like a western
                If it's that, you meant. I hope I understood you right.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
                  Dunno, but even a story with Rush and Young in an alternate reality would be great. Like a western
                  If it's that, you meant. I hope I understood you right.
                  Yeah, well, you started the idea by talking about Bobby being the bad guy and Louis being the sheriff. That's when Wild Wild West popped into my head and that's really a steam-punk kind of show so it naturally fell that way.

I've been told by another Bobby fan that Rush would have to be whumping on Young something fierce. I'll ask this too ... do you do Rush/Young? Would you want that element at all or some other ship, say Chloe/Rush? TJ/Rush? Rush/Varro? Rush/James? Or no ship at all, just wild and woolly diabolical mad scientist Rush trying to rule the world with his latest invention.

Comment

A review of Jamil Walker Smith's Movie "Make A Movie Like Spike"

I attended a screening of “Make A Movie Like Spike” today at the inaugural Napa Valley Film Festival. This is a film written, directed and starring Jamil Walker Smith. I am very happily surprised that there now is a film festival here in my little town. You may think this an odd statement, but for those of us average folks in Napa Valley, it really is small town. Just very well known small communities. Anyway, I did not know what to expect of this film other than I like Jamal as an actor, so I was happy to give it a try. I was not disappointed and my time was well spent.
                    The film is done in the Spike style and is about two young Marines about to go off to serve in Afghanistan. The film was shot with several different types of cameras including an old Super 8 film movie camera. Jamil stated they used a small pocket sized video camera like what many solders carry with them, a cell phone camera as well as a more professional model, all to give the look of what this young man had access to.
                    These two guys have grown up together and Jamil’s character Louis has dreams of being a filmmaker, so he decides to make a video diary of their life as they know it, to be a reminder of home for them. As the film progresses we learn that Louis has a more insightful purpose, he has begun to understand that he may not come back, and he wishes to leave some kind of statement behind. We see a glimpse into two young men’s transitions into adulthood with very few options available to them. Louis has made endeavors in film and has been turned down by the film school of his choice (there’s a voice over of a rejection letter read by Ming Na) His buddy has just returned from prison, so the recruiters spiel sounds mighty tempting for them.
                    The two visit friends and relations, travel to Cancun for their first real out of the country trip, and actually they are a couple of charming young men who have all the potential and promise that anyone could wish for. Gradually we begin to see snip-its into their military experience, as Louis has brought along a small video camera, of coarse. At first, we see their company of fellow solders, really all just alike in their youth and naivety gradually bonding into a brotherhood. As the war takes it’s toll and the two friends are eventually trapped and the only survivors of their company, the gravity of eminent doom takes over. A tragic end and a sobering comment on the waste of our young people who perhaps really didn’t understand in the first place what they were risking.
                    I thought it was very well portrayed as to the circumstances why so many young people are willing to join up and go to war. These guys were from an average working class neighborhood, but not a place where going to college or doing something extraordinary would be likely to happen. I think the perceived lack of opportunity to prove ones’ self and pursue dreams is what many people are growing up with, we’ve not made much progress in this country for an “equal opportunity” for all.
                    There was a question and answer dialog with Jamil and his producer Brittany Ballard after the screening. Jamil stated that he had been angry that many people he has known have chosen to join the military, and found it hard to understand why some very bright, talented, articulate people would choose to risk their lives. In researching for this project he found that not everyone’s perception of their abilities and promise is apparent to them. The power of suggestion can be an overwhelming thing in the face of oppressive societal bias. Jamil actually went to a recruiting station and was given a rather convincing line of promises from a woman Marine. He used some of this actual verbiage in a voice over (the voice of Louis Ferreira) in the film. He said he began to understand the logic behind these choices and no longer places any anger toward any soldier, but rather a system that is at the least somewhat deceptive in it’s recruitment tactics.
                    Jamil noted that this film was being shown at 11 o’clock in the morning on 11/11/11,(Veteran’s Day in the US) and asked if there were any Veterans in attendance. There was one who stated he did find the film quite good in it’s portrayal of many who probably were not soldier material in the first place. He stated that the screening process has been all but eliminated, as the military are desperate to get the number of recruits it needs. He has witnessed too many soldiers who were ill equipped to deal with the realities of war and should never have been placed in that position. The discussion did not progress into whether or not we should have such a war or not. Later in speaking with Jamil personally, I stated that in my opinion, this war is more about the military industry than any kind of freedom endeavor. With this Jamil and myself and others there were in agreement. There were several Black people who represented various concerned groups, (sorry didn’t catch the exact names) who talked about the disproportional amount of Black kids who are being heavily targeted by recruiters. Their were also some high school teachers with the same concerns. I talked with the Vet from the audience at lunch later, and he is pro war but not offended in any way by the message of the film. As stated before, he thinks many who join do not fully understand what war means. Whatever your beliefs are about the US military involvement in the Middle East, I think this was a thought provoking film.
                    Personally, I found Jamil to be a warm, engaging person, who gave relaxed attention to each and everyone who spoke with him. He shook my hand and hugged a few people as well. All and all quite a pleasant fellow. And yes, guys and gals he has very beautiful eyes, and those extra long eyelashes that guys shouldn’t be allowed to have!
                    Here is a link to the movie info:http://www.littleplowfilms.com/projects/
                    sigpic

Comment

Robert Carlyle
                      - California Solo (coming soon 2012)
                      http://robert-carlyle.com/category/c...lifornia-solo/
                      - Once Upon A Time
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rga4rp4j5TY

Patrick Gilmore
                      - The Killing
                      http://blogs.amctv.com/the-killing/2...-interview.php
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BamBoo View Post
                        I squealed like a fangirl when Patrick Gilmore showed up on the Killing.
                        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Julie McNiven was on the latest episode of House.

Comment

I have to say even if the actors do start working another show they still can do SGU some actors work 2 shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Universe Online View Post
                              I have to say even if the actors do start working another show they still can do SGU some actors work 2 shows.
                              The odds of that are remote at best.

Comment

Good News. Louis Ferreira will be in an upcoming NCIS episode in January 2012. Thanks to Ashimon for finding the details.

Found a press release on Louis' episode. Which means we know when it airs!

CIA AGENT RAY CRUZ RETURNS TO DISCUSS THE FUTURE WITH ZIVA WHILE THE NCIS TEAM INVESTIGATES THE MURDER OF A NAVY LIEUTENANT COMMANDER, ON “NCIS,” TUESDAY, JAN. 10

Enrique Murciano Returns as CIA Agent Ray Cruz

CHEAT TWEET: How will Ziva respond when Ray returns…with a ring box? #NCIS 1/10 8pm ET/PT , Source: http://bit.ly/vxaois

“A Desperate Man”– When a Navy lieutenant commander is found dead in a building under construction, NCIS must search for a killer while dealing with interruptions from her distraught detective husband. Meanwhile, Ray’s return has Ziva thinking about her future, on NCIS, Tuesday, Jan. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS

Mark Harmon (NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs)

Michael Weatherly (NCIS Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo)

Cote de Pablo (NCIS Special Agent Ziva David)

David McCallum (Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard)

Pauley Perrette (Abby Sciuto)

Sean Murray (NCIS Special Agent Timothy McGee)

Rocky Carroll (NCIS Director Leon Vance)

RECURRING GUEST CAST:

Brian Dietzen (Jimmy Palmer)

Enrique Murciano (Ray Cruz)

GUEST CAST

Louis Ferreira (Metro Detective Nick Burris)

Michael Beach (Metro Detective Robert Flowers)

Mark Hutter (U.S. Ambassador James Ealy)

Jaleel White (Martin Thomas)

Ion Overman (Jane Thomas)

Joanna Canton (Sandy Milton)

WRITTEN BY: Nicole Mirante-Matthews

DIRECTED BY: Leslie Libman

Comment

Working...
                                X