Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU Actor News & Appearances (Non-Stargate)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so you know ,there's absolutely nothing personal or a bias against any Actor from any of the SG Shows.

Darren and the other GW Editors tend to be cautious about what they publish as News items,because they'd rather not scupper any Non Disclosure Agreements signed by Actors and their Agents,or ruin official releases.

They'd prefer to lose a scoop than cost an Actor any embarrassment or overspoil shows too.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I would never report anything that violates any non-disclosure agreements, and I ALWAYS support my news with links to published news. Still, it's been several months since any of it has been used, and I've sent in a lot of news. I will keep doing that until someone tells me to stop. But it would be nice to get an occasional reply that the news were received and won't be used (yes, I understand the editors are super-busy). And that really doesn't belong into this thread. My point is - there are loads of news sent to GW that are not being published, for whatever reason, so when people mention that, all I can say is the news was sent but not published. It's of course the editors' decision, it's their site after all!

Comment

Hello again Shena.

At no point was I trying to imply your sources or motivations were less than impeccable.
        I don't edit or moderate the main site ,and GW Features are dealt with off-forum usually in private correspondence.

I've contacted Darren with a link to this thread ,but I don't know how long it'll take for him to read my mail,and reply either here ,or directly to your forum e-mail address.

There may also be a technology-based reason why your previous mail wasn't answered,so please allow for that.Glitches happen,unfortunately!

Comment

Two things generally prevent news stories like this from making it onto the GW home page:

(1) I didn't know about it. Often we'll have people e-mail or tweet and say, "So-and-so was on this show tonight!" Unfortunately at that point it's usually too late to bother running a story saying that something has already happened, and interested viewers need to try and find a repeat.

(2) We don't have sufficient manpower. GateWorld is run by fans, for fans. David and Chad contribute news stories related to their work, as they have time, but the day-to-day coverage is yours truly. I'm a full-time graduate student and my wife just had a baby. So yeah, there's a lot we could report but don't. It's not a slight on any actors or fan groups, and I don't make any apologies for what I can't do.

The solution? If you want to maximize chances of having the news item appear on the site in time, write it yourself. If it's done or nearly done and I can actually run it under the contributor's byline, I'm all for it. If I have to find 20 minutes in the day to do it myself, it often just doesn't happen.

Now on this particular news item: Shena, I received three e-mails from you today, and none on Breaking Bad before this. Maybe an earlier message was lost in transit or gobbled up by my spam folder. All I know is I didn't know about this appearance, or I would have done my best to find a few minutes to get it online. Since Louis is apparently back for another episode, I'm going to try and post something before it airs. But if a screaming newborn or PhD deadlines get in the way, I'm very sorry.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thank you, Darren. I've sent about a dozen news items since May and none of them were used. All of them were official - like the Leo Awards, Dancing Still public showings etc. Perhaps your email client has flagged me as a spammer because I send so many news, LOL! :-) Is there any way to check that? If not, it's cool, I'll keep sending stuff anyway, even if it's never used so at least I can say I tried. I've also tried sending finished news stories, as outlined on the Contacts page, and none of them were used and instead completely re-written by one of the editors. So I gave up on that. I can try again if you think it will help. And by all means, go for the screaming newborn first, and congrats on the baby!!! Best wishes for the PhD, too - that's quite a full plate...

Comment

It's worth noting that members and lurkers can find your LJ community and original links easily via the hyperlinks in yours and others' posts.

While I remember,something useful that will help anyone interested in quickly finding posts and links about a particular Actor is the "Search thread" facility.

Just go to the top of the thread to the drop-down menu ,tap in the actor's name ,hit "search" and all posts containing that name will returned.

Thread tags will also act as a fast navigation tool to find threads dedicated to any particular Actor.

Comment

Thanks for the discussion, I was wondering why we hadn't seen much about what some of the actors are up too.

Congrats to Darren on a new child! Hope you get your rest. I am now a first time parent of a wonderful 13 year old girl named Hannah. She's a little more autonomous than a baby, but I'm still losing sleep!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  While I remember,something useful that will help anyone interested in quickly finding posts and links about a particular Actor is the "Search thread" facility.
                  Sadly, the Search Thread function never seems to work for me. In all the years I've come here, I've always gotten a "massive amounts of traffic, site is overwhelmed, sorry - try again later" message. Even joining and logging in made no difference...

Comment

I think you're referring to the Forum Search,and it sounds like you may have been trying to load the site during upgrades and Browser or Server glitches.

The one I meant is the one you can use to search *inside* a thread for posts.

Go to this thread's title : look underneath along the Top navigation bar line ->you'll see several subheadings -> go to "Search thread" ->tap in the name->click Search thread .

That will return any posts containing the specific name.

Example : http://forum.gateworld.net/search.php?searchid=1028487

Comment

Watch the trailer for "DANCING STILL", a short film starring Louis Ferreira and Ingrid Rogers. It was screened at the LA Shorts Film Festival today and will make an appearance at several upcoming festivals. Go to Ferreira Fest for details.

Comment

Louis Ferreira guest starred in the episode "Stay" of "The LA Complex" last Monday, September 3. His character will have a recurring part in episodes 10 through 12. He plays Beth and Simon Pirelli's father in "Make it Right" and "Now or Never", both airing back-to-back on September 17, and in "Xs and Os" airing on September 24. The series also stars Stargate alum Jewel Staite and is produced by former Stargate producer Martin Gero. For more info and spoilers please visit Ferreira Fest, the Official Louis Ferreira Fanclub.

Comment

Day-yum! I really do LOVE the Ferreira Fest! There's always something interesting on it and the interviews that Shena have done is beyond impeccable. Always chock full of new things and each time, I'm convinced that it can't be any better than this month. Every month, I'm proven wrong!
                          Also, thank you, Darren and Bagpuss, for all the efforts you do for this site. Congrats on the new baby! Mwuah!

Comment

And before you know it, it's the 20th of the month again, and that means it's time for Ferreira Fest, the monthly celebration of the acting career of Louis Ferreira (Justin Louis)! Grab a free pineapple drink at the bar and come on in! We have tons of news, transcripts and an exclusive interview with Louis' friend and colleague Peter Kelamis (Adam Brody on Stargate Universe)!

Click here to go to Ferreira Fest 34!

Comment

Absolutely LOVE the interview with Peter Kelamis!

Comment

Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. Pilot Casts ER Star Ming-Na

http://www.eonline.com/news/357051/j...r-star-ming-na

Comment

Working...
                                X