Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a stupid question I guess which probably has been discussed to death but can't find where, but what would happen if spider form replicators got on the Destiny, they could potentially bring them back to the Milky Way. But that's not what I am really curious about. I want to know what would those replicators do, would they just use the Destiny's ability to consume energy from the sun and just go from sun to sun taking its energy? And what would happen if they use up all the energy of a sun? What are the physics of that?

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
      Got a stupid question I guess which probably has been discussed to death but can't find where, but what would happen if spider form replicators got on the Destiny, they could potentially bring them back to the Milky Way. But that's not what I am really curious about. I want to know what would those replicators do, would they just use the Destiny's ability to consume energy from the sun and just go from sun to sun taking its energy? And what would happen if they use up all the energy of a sun? What are the physics of that?
      That is a very bad idea. They would probably fix it so the Destiny can charge 100% of its batteries instead of 40%. Furthermore Replicators wouldn't take the ship back to the Milky Way. They would be in the ship's computer and probably just find technlogical planets
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha Omega Protocol View Post
        Also on a side note I have a question about why Rush believes that Destiny is the 'most important' discovery in history of mankind?

Atlantis is way more important in my opinion, because it has better tech, ancient database, lots of research, and other things.

Anyone care to point out a possibility why Rush believes the aforementioned statement?
        The others have said much on this topic, so I'll leave it to this: It's possible Rush knows more, or thinks he knows more and will discover hes wrong, about the Destiny. Watch the extended version of Air -- then I'm sure, like me, you'll get a since that Rush knew more about the 9th Cheveron then anyone else. Although what he knew may have been legend -- but every legend is based in an ounce of truth. So we shall see!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
          The others have said much on this topic, so I'll leave it to this: It's possible Rush knows more, or thinks he knows more and will discover hes wrong, about the Destiny. Watch the extended version of Air -- then I'm sure, like me, you'll get a since that Rush knew more about the 9th Cheveron then anyone else. Although what he knew may have been legend -- but every legend is based in an ounce of truth. So we shall see!!
          I got the impression he was just repeating information.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            That is a very bad idea. They would probably fix it so the Destiny can charge 100% of its batteries instead of 40%. Furthermore Replicators wouldn't take the ship back to the Milky Way. They would be in the ship's computer and probably just find technlogical planets
            Didn't say they would take the ship back just said they would have the potential. Ahh yeah makes sense that they would scour the database but the master code thingie, they could get past it?

And anyone with a somewhat decent knowledge of physics know what would happen if they did consume all the energy in a sun?

Destiny rescue won't happen anytime soon anyways but fun to explore the possible solutions. It'll probably be a deux ex machina thing that brings them back. Probably.

Comment

Not just the data but the Destiny contains earlier versions of the technology found on Atlantis making it easier to not only backwards engineer but to find the advancment paths needed to get to the more sophisticated versions.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I think the Wraith have proven they are smart enough to turn the gate network back on if they wanted to.
              Not the whole Network. Re connecting one or two gates MAYBE. But not the whole network.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
                Not just the data but the Destiny contains earlier versions of the technology found on Atlantis making it easier to not only backwards engineer but to find the advancment paths needed to get to the more sophisticated versions.

Not the whole Network. Re connecting one or two gates MAYBE. But not the whole network.
                Two word: Correlative Updates
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

just give Q a call....he'll snap his fingers ... problem solved, or - is it?
                  ....Its what I do!

Comment

Originally posted by timebandit View Post
                    just give Q a call....he'll snap his fingers ... problem solved, or - is it?
                    That would just create a whole set of new problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X