This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
    And you're using what as your back up for this?
    I think he's talking about those leaked E-Mails from scientists talking about exaggerating findings and not being able to account for certain anomalies, like that somehow disqualifies the mountains upon mountains of evidence collected from all around the world, like countries like China or Russia would accept man made climate change was real if it wasn't, yeah, they're just willing to take a huge hit to their economies for a laugh!

edit: though I'm not sure where his 'leftist' rantings are coming from
    Last edited by KEK; 10 December 2009, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      I think he's talking about those leaked E-Mails from scientists talking about exaggerating findings and not being able to account for certain anomalies, like that someone disqualifies the mountains upon mountains of evidence collected from all around the world, like countries like China or Russia would accept man made climate change was real if it wasn't, yeah, they're just willing to take a huge hit to their economies for a laugh!

Yeah, I never understood why people attack the American Left for pushing climate control when the governments of places like Russia are concerned about it, too... in any event, what makes my head spin is the developing nations that are at Copenhagen demanding "reparations" from the West (America in particular) for centuries of spewing out emissions... when we only realized it was really a bad thing a scant few decades ago. And curiously, none of these countries dares demand the same of China, the new world leader in CO2 emissions.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I think he's talking about those leaked E-Mails from scientists talking about exaggerating findings and not being able to account for certain anomalies, like that someone disqualifies the mountains upon mountains of evidence collected from all around the world, like countries like China or Russia would accept man made climate change was real if it wasn't, yeah, they're just willing to take a huge hit to their economies for a laugh!
        Those e-mails, yes. What's worse, last week the original data from the graphs was destroyed out of 'space necessities'. Hahaha, what a coincidence! Entire researches and Copenhagen based on numbers which are now destroyed and probably exaggerated.

And Russia and China are only willing to do it because if they don't, their economies will get hurt even more because of boycots of the other nations.

That, and the second and third-world demanding 'reparations' from the west, of course

Well, because it's the leftists who constantly moan about the climate and how humanity is ruining the planet.
        Mia: Don't you hate that?
        Vincent: Hate what?
        Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
        Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
        Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
        - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
          Well, because it's the leftists who constantly moan about the climate and how humanity is ruining the planet.
          Humanity is ruining the planet. What people argue about is how they're doing it and how much.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Those e-mails, yes.
            Guessing you never actually read them then? There was nothing in there about faking numbers, it was a conversation basically about how they were going to spin data they couldn't account for, though obviously the media is having a field day.

What's worse, last week the original data from the graphs was destroyed out of 'space necessities'. Hahaha, what a coincidence!
            First I've heard of that, I can't comment.

And Russia and China are only willing to do it because if they don't, their economies will get hurt even more because of boycots of the other nations.
            That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Do you realise how much we depend on China as en economic partner? Boycotting them would destroy out own economy, let alone theirs, and Russia supplies most of Europes energy, a boycott could never happen.

That, and the second and third-world demanding 'reparations' from the west, of course
            Third world, neither China and Russia would qualify, besides, what's our motive?

No, it's pretty much the majority of people across the political spectrum.

Comment

Guessing you never actually read them then? There was nothing in there about faking numbers, it was a conversation basically about how they were going to spin data they couldn't account for, though obviously the media is having a field day.
              Neither have you, it seems.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Do you realise how much we depend on China as en economic partner? Boycotting them would destroy out own economy, let alone theirs, and Russia supplies most of Europes energy, a boycott could never happen.
              Perhaps, but you forget how much mr Obama and the UN are involved in this. As far as they're concerned, environment>economy.

Third world, neither China and Russia would qualify, besides, what's our motive?
              China and Russia counts as second world, imo. And our motive is fear and guilt.

No, it's pretty much the majority of people across the political spectrum.
              To score the votes. But you have to admit it's the leftists main issue.
              Mia: Don't you hate that?
              Vincent: Hate what?
              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Why are you so desperately trying to derail the topic onto your hilarious conspiracy theory?
                hey conspiracy theories can be entertaining

here's one I like : in 2003 Saddam had WMDs !

Comment

Neither have you, it seems.
                  I have actually, why do you think they were so willing to admit they were genuine? They could have easily said they were fakes, but admitted it straight away, as the implications really aren't that damaging.

China and Russia counts as second world, imo. And our motive is fear and guilt.
                  If it's not real our governments have nothing to fear nor be guilty about, I don't get what you mean, unless you're trying to infer that there's a massive scientific conspiracy that virtually the ENTIRE scientific community is in on, and have managed to fool virtually EVERY country on Earth... Which I find a tad far-fetched.

To score the votes. But you have to admit it's the leftists main issue.
                  It might be in your country, but I know in the UK it's being pushed by every party left, right and centre, and I know it is in others too. Hell, don't you remember those leaked documents from the Bush administration that detailed how they were going to try and trash the science for as long as they could, but accepted they'd be proved wrong in the end, and that man-made climate change was an almost certainty? I don't why those would exist if there weren't come genuine worry.

There'd really be nothing to gain from a conspiracy like this, economically, we're all in line to take a quite serious hit from it, I just don't see a motive at all, in fact quite the opposite.
                  Last edited by KEK; 10 December 2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

guys, Guys, GUYS!!! This isn't a U.S. versus everyone else in the world conversation! We were discussing the state of things in the STARGATE world, not our own. So, no bashing of the United States, Russia, China or anyone else. Please keep the discussion to the in-fiction countries and leave the real world crap out please. That nonsense is completely off-topic and has no bearing on this thread no matter how "close to reality" the Stargate world might be.

Comment

The hacked e-mails of the leftist scientist, proving that they were faking the numbers?
                      Why do you keep calling them leftist scientists? One's view of climate change intrinsically has nothing to do with the distribution of wealth. I've seen plenty of libertarians and others who believe in climate change.

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                      If the world wanted to destroy usa they would...so stop deluding yourselves. You're having a hard time catching them terrorists hiding in mountains with your "highly sophisticated weapons" and not to mention those satellites in orbit which can zoom into a person reading a newspaper in a park
                      We need to separate the real world capabilities of the USA from the Stargate world capabilities of the USA. While I think the rest of earth in Stargate could be conquered with the technology that the US controls. I don't think they would, or should. Not only for the cost and time, but the bloodshed and the morality of it. Even with 4 ships; a 'purged' and cloaked Atlantis; near infinite fossil fuels, iron, and various other things gained from other planets; and maybe even extraterrestrial mercenaries it would still be a horrible,long and bloody affair that most Americans would have no stomach for even if they were comfortable with the idea of the Stargate program.

Regarding the rest of your statement, while I have no illusions about my country's invincibility I do know there's a great deal of difference between a war among nations and a war against scattered insurgents and terrorists that are united by ideology (if even that).

Comment

Out of curiosity, what does the Real World climate change debate (and there are valid arguments on both sides of the case) have to do with the IOA on Stargate - a fictional series?
                        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                          Out of curiosity, what does the Real World climate change debate (and there are valid arguments on both sides of the case) have to do with the IOA on Stargate - a fictional series?
                          Nothing whatsoever xD

Comment

To be honest they really have no purpose, and after what they did in The Ark of Truth you would think they would of been told to "Stuff themselves"
                            Tst

Comment

Originally posted by Gaeth View Post
                              Why do you keep calling them leftist scientists? One's view of climate change intrinsically has nothing to do with the distribution of wealth. I've seen plenty of libertarians and others who believe in climate change.

We need to separate the real world capabilities of the USA from the Stargate world capabilities of the USA. While I think the rest of earth in Stargate could be conquered with the technology that the US controls. I don't think they would, or should. Not only for the cost and time, but the bloodshed and the morality of it. Even with 4 ships; a 'purged' and cloaked Atlantis; near infinite fossil fuels, iron, and various other things gained from other planets; and maybe even extraterrestrial mercenaries it would still be a horrible,long and bloody affair that most Americans would have no stomach for even if they were comfortable with the idea of the Stargate program.

Regarding the rest of your statement, while I have no illusions about my country's invincibility I do know there's a great deal of difference between a war among nations and a war against scattered insurgents and terrorists that are united by ideology (if even that).
                              I wholeheartedly agree with you on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                                There is a certain arrogance to the belief that America, in the SG universe, rules the world... they only have the power because the other nations let them. The Stargate that is currently on Earth is not even America's, it is Russia's. China has 304's and Russia also has it's on ships.
                                But this is about possession which is 9/10 of the law....
                                Barring this cliche Russia and America wouldn't need anyone else.

Not to mention another reality that is being ignored here.... the US cannot afford to run the Stargate program, all of its ships and its bases without international financial support and personnel.
                                I think it's more of an issue of man power and justifying it to congress.
                                Once the cat is out...I don't see a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X