This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dex Luther View Post
    I've seen people complaining about the sex in SGU. Then I saw the question 'what if SG-1 premiered today' and though: If SGU's getting flak for the sex scence with absolutely no nudity, then I can't imaging the sh*t storm that would result from the full blown nudity in SG-1's first episode!
    I would think most of the flak would be directed at how out of place it would seem when compared to the rest of the show, which I think I'm right in saying is much the same as when it actually aired.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      I'd rather have an entertaining, light-hearted science fiction adventure show than SGU. I'm sick to the back teeth of the current trend for depressing dramas with a smattering of sci-fi elements.
      It's annoying the frell outta me, too, Sealurk.
      Originally posted by Tuvok View Post
      As for trend of dark Sci-fi I count five . Fringe, Sanctuary, Galatica,Torchwood and Stargate Universe. That's not a trend. **Shrugs**
      Add Caprica to that, too. And, for some, Lost. Count the total # of 'sci-fi' shows on TV right now and see how many of them fall within those parameters.
      SGU is perfect for what, it seems, viewers 'want' to see and producers believe viewers 'want' to see.
      Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      I would think most of the flak would be directed at how out of place it would seem when compared to the rest of the show, which I think I'm right in saying is much the same as when it actually aired.
      Also remember that, most importantly, SG-1 began on Showtime. Showtime!
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Count View Post
        A lot of people dont seem to like SGU because it seems to strip away a lot of what made stargate great and focus strictly on character relationships. While watching Air 3 and Darkness, it occured to me.

Would SGU be more enjoyable to the naysayers if it weren't on the Destiny?

A lost in space ship's been done a million times, and i was watching Darkness and thought.. What if the Destiny had crashed and burned in the sun? If the entire 88 destiny crew took what little they had, along with some little supplies from the Destiny like Kinos, and landed on a planet. They had to hopscotch their way home through the stargates instead of sitting on an autopiloted ship. It opens up the avenue for the Scifi aspect a lot more, as they'd have no "shelter" to fall back on each time they go through the gate, and with so much limited supplies and no information available about what's at the side of the gate, it would be a lot more dangerous each time they jump planet.
        its an interesting idea and maybe the writing team should do that... LATER, i like the destiny and would like to see a lot more of it, but this is a good idea to hold on to.

Comment

Working...
        X