Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contemporary Music in SGU (Spoilers through S1 and 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    It's proving rather elusive
    Not really. It's called "What You Want Me To Do" by The Heavy. Patrick Gilmore tweets the song titles after every episode they're on.

Comment

Thanks, Telekinetic. Added!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm usually pretty okay with the songs and music, but the end of Pain felt really 'off' to me.
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Telekinetic View Post
          Not really. It's called "What You Want Me To Do" by The Heavy. Patrick Gilmore's Twitter constantly makes note of the songs on SGU after its aired.
          I love that guy. Such a cool dude.
          sigpic

Comment

I think the best song choice they had was Janelle Monáe, I mean, they even had a "live" performance of the digital goddess! But in general, the songs being played during those cluster scenes are a bit distracting. I don't need a song to tell me how the scene should be interpreted, especially one with lyrics that vaguely relate to the scene at hand.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cnnrstrav View Post
              I think the best song choice they had was Janelle Monáe, I mean, they even had a "live" performance of the digital goddess! But in general, the songs being played during those cluster scenes are a bit distracting. I don't need a song to tell me how the scene should be interpreted, especially one with lyrics that vaguely relate to the scene at hand.
              Oh man...fingernails on a chalkboard. Far and away the worst choice so far, IMO.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Oh man...fingernails on a chalkboard. Far and away the worst choice so far, IMO.
                Agreed. I've recently done a rewatch of all the 1.0 episodes and, now that I'm used to it, I really like some of the song choices they've gone for. EXCEPT for that damn club scene. I'm sure the songs are fine to listen to by themselves, but on screen with the live performance etc it just screams "I'm really a misplaced scene from 'The O.C.'" I still couldn't get past it (or that whole scene really, but that's a grumble for another thread - actually it's the only scene from SGU that I haven't enjoyed).

Comment

Thank you so much for doing this!! I enjoy the montages, personally, and have been looking for a place that had this exact list! Great detective work!

Comment

doo-doo-doo doo doo, ba-doo-doo-doo doo doo, ba-doo-doo-doo!

I don't think there were any songs in Subversion... I was kinda focussed on the plot, so yeah.
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                      doo-doo-doo doo doo, ba-doo-doo-doo doo doo, ba-doo-doo-doo!

I don't think there were any songs in Subversion... I was kinda focussed on the plot, so yeah.
                      That is an awesome video. The song is great too.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                        That is an awesome video. The song is great too.
                        Sadly none of my friends agree

Comment

Absolutely fingernails on a chalkboard.....

Comment

So far I do enjoy the music... I feel like the first time I hear a song I dislike it may ruin the episode for me though ... I don't know we will just have to wait and see...
                            Hurt & Heal EXTREME come cast your vote PLEASEIts in fun & games go find it!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

i've generally really liked the music choices, though occasionally they can be quite on the nose.

Comment

http://io9.com/5546948/7-great-space...yline=true&s=i

7 Great Space-Themed Songs for Your Next Introspective Montage

Every TV show needs a montage of people processing their emotions every now and then. (We're looking at you, Stargate Universe.) But why not feature actual songs about space? Here are seven great space-themed songs to accompany your emotional moments.
                                read more at the link
                                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                                X