This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by renboy View Post
    I think it's pointless to count things that we don't know the exact number of.

We do know how many people (80+ = 89 at most) and weapons (23) they have.

So 86 people on the Destiny;
    2 MIA;
    21 weapons on the Destiny (I actually didn't notice... did both MIA people carry guns?);
    2 weapons MIA.
    Who lost the weapons, which ep was that?

NEVERMIND
    *1 M4 + 1 M9? missing with group that went through gate to blocked planet. *
    Last edited by Kick-Kinsey; 02 November 2009, 01:00 AM.
    Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
    They had to fake the ratings
    They had to fake the ratings.
    Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Originally posted by Specter177 View Post
      People: Starts with 80-90.
      (As of Darkness) 1 dead, 2 missing, 2 wounded

Ammo: 23 weapons, unknown amount of bullets.
      (As of Darkness) 1 5.56x45mm NATO fired from an H&K G-36K
      1 M4 + 1 M9? missing with group that went through gate to blocked planet.

Will be updated weekly.
      thought id contribute some facts
      they are low on water, they have wasted more ammo

Spoiler:

Their water supply drops significantly, their food also drops

A newbie wastes an M9 Beretta rounds trying to hit that cloudy sandy thing

They also waste Heckler G36K ammo shooting up that frozen water fall..., they get the good but it could have been an avalanche on their heads, Col. Young and Lt. Scott should have more sense!
      They got away with shooting it up but they got wedged in another mess

A crew member is lost, so being cold about this death I say that's less food wasted, less water, less toilet paper
      Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
      They had to fake the ratings
      They had to fake the ratings.
      Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Folks

We have a total of 3 threads on this topic, this one
        a sgu ammo and people tally
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...7#post10784057

a ammo and meds only thread
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70023

and a list of people
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70887

Honestly, I think we only need 1 to 2 threads on this. I can see breaking it up to people in one thread, ammo/meds in another.

any ideas amongst participants how to merge these threads? Or close these and make totally new ones?
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          Folks

We have a total of 3 threads on this topic, this one
          a sgu ammo and people tally
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...7#post10784057

a ammo and meds only thread
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70023

and a list of people
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70887

Honestly, I think we only need 1 to 2 threads on this. I can see breaking it up to people in one thread, ammo/meds in another.

any ideas amongst participants how to merge these threads? Or close these and make totally new ones?
          I agree. One for people and one for the rest (ammo/meds/other supplies) is the best way to go.

I propose something like this:
          1) People-Tally & Evacuees/Deceased on Destiny What to do?/Discussion/Speculation *Spoilers*

2) Meds/Ammo-Tally & Other Supplies on Destiny - Shortage/Resupply? Disc/Spec *Spoilers*

May I also bring these threads to your (Sky's and others) attention:

1/ These threadswith similar topics, possibly including these as well?
          The senator!
          How would the SGU bury their dead?
          A way for Earth to send supplys to Destiny ?
          (Which contains a spelling mistake in the title btw. It's supplies, not supplys.)

2/ Threads with a related, but different topic, not candidates for merging:
          Weapons and The P90
          What weapons do the have *spoilers all aired episodes*
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

This thread will ONLY be for a tally of supplies. Ammunition, medicines, food, etc.

and only open to CANON info from the show.

If you want to discuss the show, take the discussion elsewhere. This is just a tally/list of supplies as they are used/acquired
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Actually I am damn sure Greer said 43 weapons. It was hard to hear what he said Imo but it really did sound like that.

Probably are 43 weapons imo, considering how they are probably going to keep losing them.

Oh and you can add an Mp-5 variant to the list (the one Young had in Time.)
              Tst

Comment

He said 23.

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                  Actually I am damn sure Greer said 43 weapons. It was hard to hear what he said Imo but it really did sound like that.

Probably are 43 weapons imo, considering how they are probably going to keep losing them.

Oh and you can add an Mp-5 variant to the list (the one Young had in Time.)
                  It was 23, down to 22 after Air part 3, and that wasn’t an MP5, it was a UMP, same company makes them, Heckler and Koch, but a different weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                    It was 23, down to 22 after Air part 3, and that wasn’t an MP5, it was a UMP, same company makes them, Heckler and Koch, but a different weapon.
                    If you say so, but I am still sure he said 43.
                    Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                      If you say so, but I am still sure he said 43.
                      And TRANSCRIPT MAN comes in for the kill:

SCOTT: Weapons?

GREER: Twenty-three, including handguns.
                      Before stalking off into the night, the city of Gateworld Forum safe once more...
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

The weapon count is either wrong, or they're referring to spare weapons.

There can't be 23 weapons in total, because it doesn't make sense.

James, Greer, Scott and Young all came through with 2 weapons apiece, a side arm and a main weapon. That's 8 right there.

There's at least 3 Airforce SFs that made it onboard Destiny, and they all carried a sidearm (they're wearing their berets and their utility belt, meaning they were on duty at the time of the evacuation). So that's 11 in total.

And there's at least 12 fully geared marines that made it onboard the ship as well. That means a side arm and a main weapon. Making the count 35 at least. Not including any of the black uniformed personnel who might've had a sidearm or additional marines and SFs we haven't seen on screen yet.

Here's a list of marines and SFs we've seen on screen so far.
                        http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/Jebus_Crikes/SGU/

As you can see, the 23 is either wrong, or referring to additional weapons beyond the ones they were already carrying.

I guess this also adds to the military count, as there's at least 3 confirmed Airforce SFs, and 12 marines (not including additional off-duty marines and SFs that we saw in the premiere) that made it through the gate.
                        These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                          And there's at least 12 fully geared marines that made it onboard the ship as well. That means a side arm and a main weapon. Making the count 35 at least. Not including any of the black uniformed personnel who might've had a sidearm or additional marines and SFs we haven't seen on screen yet.
                          I thought these Marines were only carrying their main weapon and didn't have a side-arm.

Also, why would they take all these weapons with them while they thought they were going back to Earth? I think having all their weapons was not high up on their list of concerns while under attack and trying to evacuate through the gate to Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                            The weapon count is either wrong, or they're referring to spare weapons.

There can't be 23 weapons in total, because it doesn't make sense.

James, Greer, Scott and Young all came through with 2 weapons apiece, a side arm and a main weapon. That's 8 right there.

There's at least 3 Airforce SFs that made it onboard Destiny, and they all carried a sidearm (they're wearing their berets and their utility belt, meaning they were on duty at the time of the evacuation). So that's 11 in total.

Here's a list of marines and SFs we've seen on screen so far.
                            http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/Jebus_Crikes/SGU/

As you can see, the 23 is either wrong, or referring to additional weapons beyond the ones they were already carrying.

I guess this also adds to the military count, as there's at least 3 confirmed Airforce SFs, and 12 marines (not including additional off-duty marines and SFs that we saw in the premiere) that made it through the gate.
                            Not every one has a sidearm, my unit in real life for instance rarely gets issued them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                              Not every one has a sidearm, my unit in real life for instance rarely gets issued them.
                              Indeed, that's what I thought as well. Thanks for clarifying that.

Comment

Yeah 23 is just not possible, ive noticed it.

Ok by my count of people evacuated to the destiny.

Marines

Greer
                                Gorman
                                Curtis
                                Lipton
                                Marsden(both from time)
                                and 9 Extras(sorry if im not compiling a picture list but it will take forever, but believe me, ive kept track)

As for air force,

Becker
                                James
                                Rennie
                                and about 6-7 extras

Now say most of these had a gun plus Scott, Greer, Young, having two guns and Tamara having a gun, thats already past 23.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X