This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wraith lover View Post
    I like sgu cause well better than the news and also well hope it gets into it! Soon ,yet miss the action .I would love in the past shows as with star trek and stargate ect story lines as wormholes timelines action fights cringe moments ! ahhh and funny lines . So far not much of that@!more doom and gloom as with voyager they were lost yet had many funny momets as with seven of nine wanting to have sex with harry kim and janeway making a lower life form of babies with a member of her crew
    Actually it was supposed to be a higher evolution of humanity the writers said something about "Humans came from dolphins, so why not go back?" or something. It was messed up

Ohhh!! Who wants to see a crewmember transformed into a pet! The crew needs a loving pet to cheer them up ^_^
    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
      Actually it was supposed to be a higher evolution of humanity the writers said something about "Humans came from dolphins, so why not go back?" or something. It was messed up

Ohhh!! Who wants to see a crewmember transformed into a pet! The crew needs a loving pet to cheer them up ^_^
      Justice
      Spoiler:
      Franklin is borderline vegetable. He would make a good pet
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

The KINOs are already pets!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          The KINOs are already pets!
          They even come when you tell them too.

Comment

It take time to enter to character mind, and then start to appreciate them.
            I look forward for the second half of season to see Eli getting more on the ship system and on the discovery of: What was Rush up to?

I also understand that for a new show, we must discover each of the character felling and mind, then proceed with this knowledge to a better sinergy.

So now the ship is more stable, and some routine are installed in the crew.
            Let's say we are up to greather story line with action and exploration.

Is there anyone that notice the alien ship quitting the Destiny on the episode 3. I bet it should lead to something, and also Rush and the alien ship on the last episode.

There is hope, for a great second half.

regards,

HT

Comment

I have been watching SGU since it started. I'm sure its no great secret to anyone that I didn't like the series from the get go but I continued to slog through as a fan of the franchise hoping to see improvement. I have not. I have been reading through pages and pages of posts here talking about how SGU is great because the Stargate franchise needed to be updated. I strongly disagree.
              From my point of view SG-1 had a potent formula for success. It wasn't until TPTB started dismantling the show that the ratings went south. If you aren't quite sure what I mean think back and recall how SG-1 went from walking through the stargate to beaming all over the place on spaceships? (and then theres the whole Vala disaster....yuck). SG-1 regressed from a great format all because TPTB decided they wanted to take the franchise in a new direction. Remember how well things worked out for Coca-Cola when they switched to new Coke? Same thing here.
              It is so frustrating to see what Stargate has become. I have said before that there's no need to fall back on the tired old stand by of spaceships, shields, and beaming up when there is a tool as fantastic as the stargate sitting center stage at the heart of the franchise. SGU is taking this wonderful device and relegating it to nothing more than a glorified shuttle used to transport people to the surface of a nearby planet.
              The Stargate franchise has been on a slow and steady decline since season 8 of SG1 and with each passing week the slope is getting steeper. I will fight it out until the end of the season and go a few episodes into season two before I give up on the series entirely.
              "Colonel listen to me. Speech is thought verbalized. Languages are codes. I'm a linguist. I'm a codebreaker. Don't you see? If I can do this I can read their minds."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Michael Benjamin View Post
                I have been watching SGU since it started. I'm sure its no great secret to anyone that I didn't like the series from the get go but I continued to slog through as a fan of the franchise hoping to see improvement. I have not. I have been reading through pages and pages of posts here talking about how SGU is great because the Stargate franchise needed to be updated. I strongly disagree.
                From my point of view SG-1 had a potent formula for success. It wasn't until TPTB started dismantling the show that the ratings went south. If you aren't quite sure what I mean think back and recall how SG-1 went from walking through the stargate to beaming all over the place on spaceships? (and then theres the whole Vala disaster....yuck). SG-1 regressed from a great format all because TPTB decided they wanted to take the franchise in a new direction. Remember how well things worked out for Coca-Cola when they switched to new Coke? Same thing here.
                It is so frustrating to see what Stargate has become. I have said before that there's no need to fall back on the tired old stand by of spaceships, shields, and beaming up when there is a tool as fantastic as the stargate sitting center stage at the heart of the franchise. SGU is taking this wonderful device and relegating it to nothing more than a glorified shuttle used to transport people to the surface of a nearby planet.
                The Stargate franchise has been on a slow and steady decline since season 8 of SG1 and with each passing week the slope is getting steeper. I will fight it out until the end of the season and go a few episodes into season two before I give up on the series entirely.
                I have to disagree on a few points. Vala was a good addition and a good way to deal with the loss of a main star character. Cam was a good to, however we must remember that Season 9 and 10 was put together after they thought that the show ended.

Carter was due for her own command and with Cam their it wasn't easy to say that she gets SG-1.

SGU's mistakes is indeed too much melodrama and too little stargate (The big ring).
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  I have to disagree on a few points. Vala was a good addition and a good way to deal with the loss of a main star character. Cam was a good to, however we must remember that Season 9 and 10 was put together after they thought that the show ended.

Carter was due for her own command and with Cam their it wasn't easy to say that she gets SG-1.

SGU's mistakes is indeed too much melodrama and too little stargate (The big ring).
                  "make it spin...it's so much cooler when it spins...." oh yeah I miss the use of the "ring" as plot device not a glorified transporter beam

Comment

When was it not a plot device?

It's always been just something the heroes stepped through to get to the adventure, and only some of the time was it something more important to the plot at hand.

In SGU, it has been used in some way or another in every episode except for Darkness/Light and Life. Furthermore, the events of the former 2 episodes were only possible due to the Stargate action in the episodes prior (dialing Earth).

Comment

It's always been just something the heroes stepped through to get to the adventure, and only some of the time was it something more important to the plot at hand.

In SGU, it has been used in some way or another in every episode except for Darkness/Light and Life. Furthermore, the events of the former 2 episodes were only possible due to the Stargate action in the episodes prior (dialing Earth).
                      The stargate is a social tool. in SG1 and SGA, they always had the option of going to multiple planets in one episode, maybe calling hte Tok'Ra, yadda yadda yadda They weren't stuck going to one planet. there was a WHOLE network of planets in their own galaxy and even with ships, the stargates are still the better means of transportation. That's what SG was about right? exploring using the stargate NETWORK, not one stargate that has the reception range of a bad cell phone.
                      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Well, no. The network was the overall setting, sure, but most episodes usually only involves using the Stargate to go to one world and then coming back; well, the early episodes, anyway.

Comment

Well, no. The network was the overall setting, sure, but most episodes usually only involves using the Stargate to go to one world and then coming back; well, the early episodes, anyway.
                          True about the early episodes, but even then look at the series premiere, starts out on earth, goes to Abydos, goes to Chulak, then back to Earth that flexibility made the stargate more than just a "Beam me down, Scotty."

The stargate in Destiny has gone from a connection in a huge network of planets which can be revisted over time as well as still discovering new ones, to the equivalent of trh Transporter in Star Trek (that includes the 'malfunctions' like the time traveling)

We'll see what happens as more episodes air, but since i already dislike the characters and not in a good way, tthe drama onboard is simply monotonous and yawn worthy to me. I fully understand that people who DO like the characters would enjoy it.

Comment

Its true the Stargate always been use as a plot device to generate Sci-Fi adventure stories. A way to meet and explore different mysterious worlds and civilizations every week (or the same one a couple of weeks in a row). Thats the basic goal of the Stargate program: exploring the galaxy. Obviously along the way they added many variations to it like joining a earth scientist team already on another world, or going to rescue another SG team which have been missing, or attack the base of a previously encountered enemy or going to help a friendly aliens species already met before. The Stargates have a great potential to generate many different kind of stories. I think their potential to generate stories are still maintained in Universe. Its ultimately the writers choice if the Destiny crew visit a desert planet or a planet with a complex advanced civilization when they step into the gate.

The range of the Stargate is probably limited only by the Destiny software. Which could be hacked into later on the show. The Ancient basically set up the Stargate network so they can explore easily a vast galaxy system.
                            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                              The stargate is a social tool. in SG1 and SGA, they always had the option of going to multiple planets in one episode, maybe calling hte Tok'Ra, yadda yadda yadda They weren't stuck going to one planet. there was a WHOLE network of planets in their own galaxy and even with ships, the stargates are still the better means of transportation. That's what SG was about right? exploring using the stargate NETWORK, not one stargate that has the reception range of a bad cell phone.
                              yep and what I found interesting was the reactions of the planets visited to the stargate in their midst. some thought it only went one place, others didn't know what it did, still other places saw it as bringing only enemies. the stargate itself was the "star" of the show to me. I feel sgu lost that feeling...now it's a transporter to one world we have no expectation of seeing again. the possiblities of the gate network has been lost. all of course merely my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by HiTheck View Post
                                It take time to enter to character mind, and then start to appreciate them.
                                I look forward for the second half of season to see Eli getting more on the ship system and on the discovery of: What was Rush up to?

I also understand that for a new show, we must discover each of the character felling and mind, then proceed with this knowledge to a better sinergy.

So now the ship is more stable, and some routine are installed in the crew.
                                Let's say we are up to greather story line with action and exploration.

Is there anyone that notice the alien ship quitting the Destiny on the episode 3. I bet it should lead to something, and also Rush and the alien ship on the last episode.

There is hope, for a great second half.

regards,

HT
                                Well at least someone is optimistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X