This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
    Sometimes to be realistic you need pessimism. But that's too pessimistic for me.
    That's only pessimistic if you don't find beauty in it, which obviously you do not.

There is no beauty in perfection, but that's good because perfection could never exist.
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
      It'd be wise to not let your hate for a character bleed over into hallucination. If you'll remember, that was a brief fantasy that Eli was having.

Chloe, as a matter of fact, never kissed Eli...on Earth or otherwise.
      First, I don't dislike any character on the show. Maybe you hallucinated that I did? Prove I said I hated somebody. "That'll be a fun one to read." Secondly, If that was a brief fantasy by Eli I had better go back and re-watch the episode because I surely missed it.

Hardly a love triangle, considering whatever was between Young and TJ is over with....for now.
      Oh, it's still a love triangle. If it wasn't anything it wouldn't have been brought up.

Sort of, but it's not sex...and a far cry from "who's sleeping with who".
      There is something, yet to be explained, going on between Telford and Young's wife. They are definitely playing it up to be something on the show. Young got into a fist fight over it.

Prove they slept together. That'll be a fun one to read.
      Sigh. Fine, they never said they slept together. They had a romantic weekend, though.

8 (?) year-old son, you mean? From when he slept with a girl back in his teens? Yeah, that definitely counts.
      Yes, the 8 year old kid he didn't know he had.

Let me rephrase my point. There is a good amount of sex going on, however most of the show is reminiscent of a soap opera.

You have a clear love triangle developing between Chloe, Scott, and Eli with Chloe in the middle. Eli likes Chloe who likes Scott. Sound like any soap operas you've ever watched?

You have a love triangle issue between Young, his wife, and TJ with young in the middle. Young was married to his wife but was sleeping with TJ and his wife found out. Does this sound like any soap opera you've ever watched?

Scott found out he has a kid who is 8 years old. Oh man, they don't do these kinds of things on soap operas ever!

Telford is spending a lot of time with Young's wife/ex-wife/whatever their current status is to get back at Young. Wait, these types of behind your back things NEVER happen on soap operas! Or, they happen every day on soap operas.

My point still holds. We were told we weren't getting a space soap opera but that's what we got. If the show runners wanted a Stargate soap opera and the network was ok with that, so be it. I just don't like being lied to.

I get it, though. You seem like you love this show. You sound like you're taking my points personally because I don't like the direction the show has gone. Relax, it's not personal. It's simply a fact. We were told we weren't getting product A and they gave us product A.

I'll say it again. I don't hate this show, or any character on it. I'm watching this show with an open mind and will continue to watch it. Justice took a huge step in the right direction. Leaving Rush on the planet showed me that the writers are willing to be unconventional and have finally delivered an edge to the story that we were promised from the start.

Comment

why do you say there is no beauty in perfection?? have you ever seen perfection (i haven't so i will not judge)???

greetings LAX
        ps: aren't we a little off topic here?

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
          Let me rephrase my point. There is a good amount of sex going on, however most of the show is reminiscent of a soap opera.

You have a clear love triangle developing between Chloe, Scott, and Eli with Chloe in the middle. Eli likes Chloe who likes Scott. Sound like any soap operas you've ever watched?

You have a love triangle issue between Young, his wife, and TJ with young in the middle. Young was married to his wife but was sleeping with TJ and his wife found out. Does this sound like any soap opera you've ever watched?

Scott found out he has a kid who is 8 years old. Oh man, they don't do these kinds of things on soap operas ever!

Telford is spending a lot of time with Young's wife/ex-wife/whatever their current status is to get back at Young. Wait, these types of behind your back things NEVER happen on soap operas! Or, they happen every day on soap operas.

My point still holds. We were told we weren't getting a space soap opera but that's what we got. If the show runners wanted a Stargate soap opera and the network was ok with that, so be it. I just don't like being lied to.

I'll say it again. I don't hate this show, or any character on it. I'm watching this show with an open mind and will continue to watch it. Justice took a huge step in the right direction. Leaving Rush on the planet showed me that the writers are willing to be unconventional and have finally delivered an edge to the story that we were promised from the start.
          You know, a lot of that stuff, about people having kids or having sex or getting into triangles, happen in a lot of other non-soap shows.

You're (We're) not being lied to either - it was never said that this show wasn't a soap opera in space, if someone where to believe that's what SGU is. It's a sci-fi, but probably a "soft sci-fi" that uses a distinctly science fiction premise, background and plots, but there's a key aspect of human nature and how they react to these situations.

And I found some edge to SGU compared to the previous SG series'. Time's ending, Justice's ending, the situations not tackled by the other SG's, such as humans having sex and most of them being a little on the nutty side. There's an edge to having a main character duo like Rush and Young, who are both striding the line between competent and downright psychotic at times.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
            They should just go the whole nine yards. By the end of the season, Scott finds out he's actually Young's son. With... Telford. (For all the people saying this show needs more science in its Sci-Fi.) The finale is them two dueling. Over custody.

Meanwhile. It's revealed that Chloe and Rush have in fact swapped bodies back on Icarus. Chloe turns out to be the evil genius, while Rush is actually a tender and insecure teenager who'd been trapped in the body of a rugged man for years. This is also why he wanted the project so badly -- to free himself of this curse. Scott finds out. His reaction is interrupted mid facial expression, to be concluded in the S2 opener.

I WOULD WATCH THIS SHOW.
            Last edited by slurredspeech; 08 December 2009, 10:28 AM.
            you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Back to the original question ,i have just watched SGA "Vegas" and then SGU"Life" and it only backed up my opinion that this should never have replaced SGA

Comment

I'm trying to imagine how Rush would respond if Col. Young confined him to quarters for being such a twit at times, I think it would be something like this...

Colonel, I must strongly protest in the strongest possible terms, my profound opposition to a newly instituted practice which imposes severe and intolerable restrictions upon the ingress and egress of senior members of the hierarchy and which will in all probability, should the current deplorable innovation be perpetuated, precipitate a constriction of the channels of communication and culminate in a condition of organisational atrophy and administrative paralysis which will render effectively impossible the coherent and coordinated discharge of the function of government within her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

Justice just aired. I must say my Switzerland-esque fence stance is slipping. The fence be bending towards 'like'. I almost cheered when Greer amd the Marines all stood and cocked their rifles to go show Wray(thats the IOA wumen, rite?) who's boss. Young showed his incompetence, Chloe had a role and Rush got more coneiving(sp). It was awesome.
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I really enjoyed 'Justice' - I'm going to find it frustrating having to wait months for the second half of the season.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                      Justice just aired. I must say my Switzerland-esque fence stance is slipping. The fence be bending towards 'like'...
                      I had hope that would happen Hoorah for Justice!
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I said almost. And who knows where thenext ep will place me? Back on me fence, or fallen over the other side?
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I said almost. And who knows where thenext ep will place me? Back on me fence, or fallen over the other side?

Comment

Biscuit, not cookie. Make i a chocolate burboun and I join the side of dark.
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Biscuit, not cookie. Make i a chocolate burboun and I join the side of dark.
                              Join us then, Young padawan, join us for the chocolate bourbons

Comment

Yup, with burbouns on offer you may sway me. What about Justice though? It was brilliant. I even didn't hate Chloe, especially when she owned Wray. Conversley, Eli is going down in my opinions. He's gettin so whiney, all the time....not enough biscuits available.
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X