This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
    You've got to watch out for those lesbian accountants. They're a tricky bunch.

LOL how so? , i thought it would be the other way around ?
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
      I mean no disrespect for Ming-Na, but I think I would have preferred if TPTB had cast her instead. I'm not sure about this Wray character... I think a truly Chinese IOA representative and all that entails would add more conflict and diversity to the show than an Asian-American lesbian accountant. We'll see, though.

I don't know many asian characters with a name like Wray; Does she take the name of the dominant, or is she the dominant?

Comment

Do gay couples takes each others names at all?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          A lot of straight couples stopped taking each other's names these days...or maybe she's not married at all, seeing as how the US practically makes homosexuality illegal. I don't believe civil unions initiate a name-change, and co-habitating without marriage doesn't mean jack when it comes to how names work...honestly, I didn't see it as much of an issue.
          Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
          Check out my Flickr

Comment

I'm just going to wait and see....
            Tst

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              It depends on the couple, like straight folk.

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
              LOL how so? , i thought it would be the other way around ?
              See, you fell for it. They lure you in with their apparent non-threatening-ness.

Comment

It depends on the couple, like straight folk.
                Most straight marriages has the exchange of names, any one who doesn't is just being foolish.

See, you fell for it. They lure you in with their apparent non-threatening-ness.
                Lesbian accountants aside, I don't trust any one who touches my money--- well, if I had money, then I'd totally be weary of Accountants, Lesbian or otherwise. Maybe if they signed a clause that says I have a right to punch them in the gut a few times if they're found to be stealing from me. And I'm a big guy (6'4" 320lbs), So I want them to sign that contract with the full knowledge of who I am and what I'm capable of (If they Accountant is female, I'd have to hire a dame to slap her silly).

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
                  Most straight marriages has the exchange of names, any one who doesn't is just being foolish.

Lesbian accountants aside, I don't trust any one who touches my money--- well, if I had money, then I'd totally be weary of Accountants, Lesbian or otherwise. Maybe if they signed a clause that says I have a right to punch them in the gut a few times if they're found to be stealing from me. And I'm a big guy (6'4" 320lbs), So I want them to sign that contract with the full knowledge of who I am and what I'm capable of (If they Accountant is female, I'd have to hire a dame to slap her silly).
                  First of all I sincerely apologise to PG15 if he is watching this thread.

But Coramae....dude....WTF???

Somehow I feel like a little kid who just poked a stick at the bee hive.
                  sigpic

Comment

Um, okay. So if I marry a woman should I change my last name to her's? Not to do so would be foolish, right?

Comment

Ummm... that's just scary

But back to topic...

From the trailers we hear her speak with an American accent, so I assumed she was Asian-American.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post

But back to topic...

From the trailers we hear her speak with an American accent, so I assumed she was Asian-American.
                        Nice save. And I'm in agreement. As far as I know (Correct me if I'm wrong), the only representatives of foreign powers are the higher members of the committee, like Wolsey, and that french dude. I'd imagine that the majority of the staff of the IOA, are merely people who are good at their jobs, and have no official standing on which government that rules whichever country from which they originate. So yeah, Asian-American seems most likely.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                          When Ming-Na was name as playing an IOA character. at the time i assume she represent China, in the past China's IOA member like Chen Xiaoyi (Tamlyn Tomita) had got herself into powerful position like almost getting Woolsy's Atlantis job (she was fooled by anlien computer to give Woolsey a good review which allow Woolsey to keep his job.)

But in an TV guide article ,Ming-Na play a low ranking IOA accountant,she is openly in a lesbian marriage with a wife back on Earth play by Reiko Aylesworth.

Well i don't think PRC government will allow something with a Lesbian with non-chinese wife to represent them in IOA.
                          Um... I hate to burst your bubble, but I've been to China, all over China actually, and 1) there are a LOT of gay people because of the 1 baby rule, and 2) China IS NOT anti gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Tawny View Post
                            Nice save. And I'm in agreement. As far as I know (Correct me if I'm wrong), the only representatives of foreign powers are the higher members of the committee, like Wolsey, and that french dude. I'd imagine that the majority of the staff of the IOA, are merely people who are good at their jobs, and have no official standing on which government that rules whichever country from which they originate. So yeah, Asian-American seems most likely.
                            You really think that the IOA would not be petty as to argue about which country does the accounting, who gets to issues statements, gets to order the food, or who cook the food, you got more faith in them than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              You really think that the IOA would not be petty as to argue about which country does the accounting, who gets to issues statements, gets to order the food, or who cook the food, you got more faith in them than I do.
                              I suppose the main question would be "Where is the IOA physically based?". If it's based in the US, then I would expect most of the non-representative employees to be American - much like the UN HQ in Geneva is staffed largely by Swiss and the UN office in New York is staffed largely by Americans.
                              sigpic

Comment

Um, okay. So if I marry a woman should I change my last name to her's? Not to do so would be foolish, right?

You'd better, if not, it's not a marriage, it's a state of shenanigans. With marriage you carry the lot or just leave the loot.

Originally posted by Lahela View Post

But back to topic...

See above! But yeah, she's asian American, or Canadian? I don't remember seeing her emblem on her uniform?

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                                First of all I sincerely apologise to PG15 if he is watching this thread.

But Coramae....dude....WTF???

Somehow I feel like a little kid who just poked a stick at the bee hive.

I DON'T know about you friend, but if some one stole my money, i'd beat them within an inch of their life, regardless of who they were. Even if she see's an IOA accountant/counselor.

Comment

Working...
                                X