This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaedalusBC02 View Post
    the general hammond would have an easy time in a fire fight with the asguard beam weapons, they be easy to go threw gould shields.
    Strength can only hold out for so long against numbers.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

It's not the ha'tak that are the problem, it's the dozens/hundreds of gliders attacking the base.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
        Perhaps they had to reconfigure their DHD somehow, so they are not able to dial earth during the attack and if the george hammond is still in orbit it won't be able to beam anyone up with shields up, which they probably need in a space battle.
        I thought Rush had a choice of dialing Earth or the Destiny and chose the latter for his own personal interest?
        Or maybe we just don't have all the facts yet? Maybe they can dial Erath but to do so Rush needs to reconfigure the DHD first and he decides not to for 1. lack or time and 2. so he dose not miss the opportunity to try out a 9th chevron and loose his only chance to do so?

Also was it just me or did them Death Gliders sound very different?
        sigpic
        Banner Made By Me for Me
        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

well they might not be death glider
          Spoiler:
          see the fighters that attack the base look really alike the fighters that were shown flying outside the Destiny in the end

just a thought

Comment

The sound effects on the glider weapons sounded very cheesy 90s scifi. I hope they were just temporary sounds and they will use the real sounds for the gliders in the actual episode. Although as JM has said that Air is pretty much finished, I do worry that these will be the sound effects they will use.

That would be a real shame as the Goa'uld weapons were pretty much the first original weapon sound fx for a very long time. All other scifi shows just use variations of the same sucky sound.

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
              Spoiler:
              see the fighters that attack the base look really alike the fighters that were shown flying outside the Destiny in the end

just a thought
              What was shown outside the Destiny at the end? I didn't see that...o.O

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
                Spoiler:

just a thought
                They are gliders. Before the clip changes you can see a glider firing at the mountain. But you really need to pause it to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
                  If it was the Lucian Alliance that's just pathetic. Why didn't the base have any defensives. Why did they gate to the ship instead of another planet? What happen to the ship that beamed them down? I hope these questions are answered.

1. It did. Railguns, .50 caliber machine guns and 302s, the base had a LOT of defenses.

2. Because they were intending on gating back to Earth, but Rush at the last minute, secretly switched it to the Destiny.

3. I'm assuming it left after dropping off everyone.
                  These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Thinking about it, makes ya wonder why folk didn't notice the sound of 9 chevrons locking.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                      Thinking about it, makes ya wonder why folk didn't notice the sound of 9 chevrons locking.
                      Hahahaha this is True
                      Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

From the trailer posted:

Spoiler:
                        I thought the attacking ships looked sleeker than the typical Death Glider, and obviously sounded different when firing the weapons. Albeit the projectiles looked the same.

I hope to see a higher quality trailer being posted soon, so we can take a better look.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                          I agree that it will have some defenses. Railguns are a good bet, and there will probably be some heavy infantary weapons.

I don't think the gate goes to Earth. They would have gated to Icarus base from Earth if it did. Plus Telford said that they had no idea where the gate takes them.

Is the ship definetly the Hammond? I didn't hear them say that but it's a fitting tribute to a great man if it is.

The Lucian Alliance are going to get wiped out is this possibly what the next SG1 movie is about?. With the Oddy, Sun Tzu, Daedalus and the Apollo we would walk over them.
                          Spoiler:
                          Not to mention Atlantis.

it's the Hammond, I saw a still image of the trailer shot in the ship, It says USS George Hammond.

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
                            From the trailer posted:

Spoiler:
                            I thought the attacking ships looked sleeker than the typical Death Glider, and obviously sounded different when firing the weapons. Albeit the projectiles looked the same.

I hope to see a higher quality trailer being posted soon, so we can take a better look.
                            I think that was just temporary sounds in place for the weapons. They should (hopefully) be the weapon sounds we know.

Comment

well i still wanna know if that scene with Richard ("Jack O'Neill") and Carlo Rota ("Carl Strom") at 0:54 is at the icarus base or on earth or if that scene would be from the Episode "Earth"

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                                What was shown outside the Destiny at the end? I didn't see that...o.O
                                when there are like 15 sec left you will see them

Comment

Working...
                                X