Destiny Ship Design And Model Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets just rest the matter.

ok, did anyone else find it strange that the destiny is fat at the back and dart-like at the front? like combining a hive with a dart.

also, the view i posted shows it does look somewhat lantean. notice the big central structure that looks like the Aurora back structure

Comment

Good Call, it does look like an Aurora. This does beg the question how big is the Destiny? Is it similar in size to an Aurora, or is it more like a hiveship in size?
      My Tep senses are tingling.

That I will have to edit is assumed.

Comments and critiques are always welcome. Please, tell me what you think.

Comment

its said to be 5 carriers long according to JM

Comment

Carriers as in earth carriers? at ~1.5km, thats not much, from the trailer i expected it to be atleast 50-100% bigger than that.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Im loving it..... It somewhat resembles the latian warships too, but given there are millions of years between the destiny being launched and the pegasus adventures (Right?) then it makes sense that the ship design would change somewhat, especially since this is a ship for exploration and not for battle, it makes sense that it would differ from the Lantian ships to a certain degree.

I love the steampunk feel... It'll make a big difference to the show, it won't be as star trekkie as Atlantis was, which I felt was somewhat of a downfall for the show.. everything was just solved by some techno babble, which probably won't happen here, the amount of techno babble in Atlantis alienated the original stargate fan base.. I felt so anyway
            Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 24 July 2009, 02:05 PM.
            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Looks a lot sleaker than the Aurora class Ancient ship or the Asgard style vessel. I wonder if it will carry the same style armament as an Aurora class vess or Atlantis.

Comment

5 Carriers Long is 5x a deadalus = 3750m. In all fairness larger than atlantis..
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

In length, but I would guess that Atlantis has greater internal volume.

Comment

I didn't read every post in the thread but am I the only one that thinks it would look a lot better if the fat end was actually the front?

Comment

Strange as it sounds that would be more cliche. The broad head narrow body ship appeared in places as varied as Warhammer 40k to Homeworld. Besides the narrow front plays to human sensibility which says that a narrow front will move more smoothly like an arrow head.

Got to play to the audience.

Comment

well the ancients were around for a few million years....i like to think that people can change over time

Comment

when i first saw the picture, i thought the fat end was the front...sorta like a stingray...

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            5 Carriers Long is 5x a deadalus = 3750m. In all fairness larger than atlantis..
                            I've seen scalings putting Atlantis at 7km across I think it was based on a comparison to the Superhive.

TBH the Destiny doesn't have to be some huge ship, its not designed to carry thousands of people.
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

in order not to malfunction after an accident, it would require quite some redundancy

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                                I didn't read every post in the thread but am I the only one that thinks it would look a lot better if the fat end was actually the front?
                                I was actually surprised to know that the "blade" side was the end and the "pole" side the front.
                                Still, it looks like an axe. I kinda expected the Asgards to use that type of look.

I wonder if the front end of this ship is supposed to dock with the first ship they sent, the one that poops gates. =O=
                                It might be a tad... suggestive.
                                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                                X