No announcement yet.

Destiny Ship Design And Model Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

either i'm gonna be extremely pleased or totally outraged, but aside from the Helmet some people on SGU wear Pegasgard Battlesuits. the helmet changed

EDIT: gateworld video, 0:36 and sometimes later again

Last edited by thekillman; 24 July 2009, 06:44 AM.

Comment

great shot killman

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Yeah and if you notice later on in the trailer they reused the Lost tribe Suits! Maybe they are ancient too...

I do like the ship however, its got a rustic feel and i like that. Personally i think this is the best show trailer i have seen for years. SGU really does look good now.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

I wouldnt be surprised if the suits would be ancient, pegasgard did seem to know ancient stuff decently weel, and the suits were said to be more about enviromental issues than combat, wouldnt be much surprise if the asgard adapted them for themselves, especily if they didnt have the resources to make their own stuff.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

yet again the asgards ingenuity is being kiled

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

While I am still uncertain about the steampunk feel, I must say I think I might be in love with Destiny. The Ida Asgard were extraordinarily advanced. The Lost tribe however seem to have lost their creativity. Nearly everything they use seems ancient derived. That might have more to do with a lack of nutronium then of innovation.
              My Tep senses are tingling.

That I will have to edit is assumed.

Comments and critiques are always welcome. Please, tell me what you think.

Comment

yet again the ancients are being glorified over the universes' back. though i like the new helmets better. the old were cool too, and had HUD's so big viewscreen wasnt needed, but if these dont have any.

ok, let me put all my hope in this: the Alliance caused a period of rather common architecture, technology and ideas, thus the similarities are because of this. the Pegasgard went further with the spacesuits, while the Idasgard ditched them in favor of big spaceships, beaming, and their big chairs. the lantean architecture might very well have been close to the common architecture in that period, after which the asgard continued the sleek, silver and blue architecture atlantis has too, the Pegasgard however designed stuff more like the aurora and such.

this way, everything isnt based upon ancients but rather common aesthetics in the alliance

Comment

The whole name of the franchise is based on an Ancient invention, get over it. Perhaps the Ancients were always meant to be at the guys people learnt from.

Alternatively the similarities could simply be a coincidence with no in show explanation in which case you're getting flustered over nothing.

The design isn't even that similar to Asgard ships, it completely lacks the fins of Asgard ships the only similarity I see is a wider back and a thinner neck which lets be honest isn't some inspired design.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

then look closer.

so, its an ancient invention. oh i forgot, all advanced tech on our ships is ASGARD. in a few years, everything can be solved just by finding the right ancient artifact conveniently left behind.
                    Perhaps the Ancients were always meant to be at the guys people learnt from.
                    except that the entire concept of the alliance contradicts that?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      then look closer.

so, its an ancient invention. oh i forgot, all advanced tech on our ships is ASGARD. in a few years, everything can be solved just by finding the right ancient artifact conveniently left behind.

except that the entire concept of the alliance contradicts that?
                      Well apparently the Asgard are 100,000 years old which means there couldn't of even been an Alliance...you more than most people know of the contradictions in SG.

Why don't you point out all the similarities?

Why are you mentioning our ships they have no relevence?
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Well apparently the Asgard are 100,000 years old which means there couldn't of even been an Alliance...you more than most people know of the contradictions in SG.
                        well apparently that asgard meant something different. like, THEY, as a group existing for 100,000 years.

the asgard HAVE to be " several million years" old. thats when the ancients left. the asgard knew of the ancients BEFORE they returned, ergo they could not have formed it then. seeing as the plague had already struck, the Nox would've probably kept their gate buried to be absolutely safe.

Comment

Thats actualy a good observation, both that asgard had to know the ancients before they returned from pegasus, and the 100k years figure not being logical.

Now that i think about it, how would the asgard, that have never met us before, know our definition of year? Maybe their planet, being very inhospitable, has many times longer years, maybe their definition of a "year" has nothing to do with a planet revolving around its star at all (like a time between changing clone body), it seems that the 100k figure cant be taken at face value here.

It would be rather cool to see some tech/influence/record of the alliance on the destiny, seeing as the ship might be from the same timeframe as the alliance, though i'm not keeping my hopes up, its obvious that after sg1 season 8, stargate verse revolves around the ancients, rather than earth or anybody else.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

well, a year is about the stupidest measurement of time there is. the time a planet rotates around its sun. now, try to find 2 of the same planets with equal rotation. even if a planet does a 365 day rotation, ours does a 365.25, when talking millenia, that's gonna matter.

its better if stuff that always stays the same is used as a point of reference of time.

say, the decay rate of some isotope.

just as a meter or any earthly measurement is useless in that.

most simple definitions would be based upon atomic decay, distance upon the distance light travels in the atomic decay units ( and divisions of 10 or 100 based upon this).

if the alliance was founded AFTER the plague, then there's a massive problem. what happened to the furlings. MW is easy: they succumbed to the plague. but if they met in PG, how did the furlings end up in the MW. and better, why did we never find a trace. after the plague, they could live endlessly, build a massive society.

i'll just go quotehunting

Comment

My people are dying. The fact that, as you tell us, our brothers are already gone, only reinforces the need. If we do not do this, our whole civilization, a hundred thousand years of history, will be wiped out forever. I cannot allow that to happen.
                              found it.

so the Idasgard can be way over that, the Pegasgard as a group are doing this for 100 000 years already.

also, he talks about eons. unfortunately, in the context of forever. if it was in context of actual time, the asgard would be many BILLIONS of years old (an eon is 10^9 years)

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                found it.

so the Idasgard can be way over that, the Pegasgard as a group are doing this for 100 000 years already.

also, he talks about eons. unfortunately, in the context of forever. if it was in context of actual time, the asgard would be many BILLIONS of years old (an eon is 10^9 years)
                                Actually when he says whole civilisation he's refering to both the Ida Asgard and the Pegasus Asgard, as in the Ida group is already dead and if we go our whole civilisation 100,000 years of history will be gone. Thats how I took it.

I'm not actually trying to argue that the Asgard are 100,000 years old however its clear from the dialogue that its a plot hole and a contradiction.

Comment

Working...
                                X