• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
    Isnt that the Finalle of BSG? XD
    BSG finale spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    I know you're joking, but no, it isn't. No time travel was involved. It just shows that human life appeared in a distant corner of the galaxy before Earth. They evolved and all that and eventually the survivors ended up on Earth, where primitive humans lived and basically kick-started human civilization on OUR Earth.
    Last edited by Darren; 26 July 2009, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Remember to use spoiler tags for that sort of post, gang.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        Remember to use spoiler tags for that sort of post, gang.
        Fair enough. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
          Except I don't think the Destiny looks much like a Tau'ri ship at all. The Aurora-class seemed closer to our exterior design style. On the interior...well, it looked like a mini-Atlantis.

If they could actually find a way to explain that, though, I think it would be great fun. Kind of like when Cassandra comes back from the future and is able to activate the gate without a kawoosh.
          that would be an interesting twist....to say that we were the original ancients...only problem is that i doubt it would us now. we dont know how to make gates or anything like that....maybe the destiny is a future ship of ours.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Apart from the completely different shape and colour I agree.
            We dont even see the real color of the Destiny! There's a blue glow.
            And although the ship in whole is different, there's still the crescent shape and the desing is similar, its like comparing a x-304 and a x-303
            The harvest moon is rising
            Wraith are never-ending

Comment

Although we don't see the specific color, it's obviously a pretty dark shade, probably black/darkgray.
              Also, it looks ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like that ship from Warhammer, that is just absurd.
              The back of the Destiny is rounded, which is completely different from the Warhammer ship.
              The only other similarity is the Pyramid thing on the Warhammer thing, and even that is VERY different.

Oh, looks like the jury has made it's verdict:
              Destiny is in no way a ripoff of some silly Warhammer ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Flibby View Post
                Oh, looks like the jury has made it's verdict:
                Destiny is in no way a ripoff of some silly Warhammer ship.
                What jury? The Taldor? Oh yeah they're reliable...
                I'm pointing out that the desing is similar, I'd get more pics of other ship types but you're obviously allergic to warhammer so I'll pass...
                The harvest moon is rising
                Wraith are never-ending

Comment

Originally posted by Hive Queen View Post
                  I'm pointing out that the desing is similar, I'd get more pics of other ship types but you're obviously allergic to warhammer so I'll pass...
                  If anything, I would say that the Goa'uld Ha'Tak (especially Apophis's supersized ship) is most similar to the Necron Tombship in appearance. The Wraith Hiveships seem to be most similar in function, however.

Edit: Looking at the Tombship picture again, they do look similar.
                  "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                  - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                  - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                  - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Actually, I like Warhammer, I just find that calling the Destiny a ripoff of something completely unrelated that looks absolutely nothing like it to be absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                      BSG finale spoilers:
                      Spoiler:
                      I know you're joking, but no, it isn't. No time travel was involved. It just shows that human life appeared in a distant corner of the galaxy before Earth. They evolved and all that and eventually the survivors ended up on Earth, where primitive humans lived and basically kick-started human civilization on OUR Earth.
                      Oh, u mean just like in real life XD

Comment

Originally posted by moiety View Post
                        The ship is the exact shape of the chevrons on the Destiny's gate.

Coincidence? I think not.
                        I think that Destiny look like Vulcan lirpa :

Comment

Working...
                        X