Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What 'darker' storylines and 'character development' are people looking for in SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot fathom how anyone could claim that some fans should be disregarded as "viewers" simply because they are looking forward to change. It's refreshing, even if it's darker. Like so many of the actors said in their CPs and Q&As (admittedly, it was quite possibly at the prompting of TPTB, but neverthless...) the old formula worked for 15 years but that's no reason not to go in a new direction. It's still going to be Stargate. Atlantis was a big departure from the SG1 formula in many respects, so why do people rail against a new direction for the franchise for SGU? What's fundamentally wrong with focussing on characters? It's not like the writers are going to do away with the plot, or aliens and explosions etc.

For me, "darker" in this context means more introspective, with characters who are more complex and three dimensional. Ulterior motives, shades of grey, personal agenda, consequences explored - not just "good guys kick bad guys' butts and everyone chats happily around the table afterwards". That doesn't mean I didn't love SG1 and SGA (for the most part) - they also had their fair share of introspection, it's just that SGU is going to be more about the people and less about the victories.

Personally, I think SGU will be the best show of the franchise, because (from what I've read and seen so far) it appeals most to my taste. I can't claim it will be good for anyone else, it doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the other shows, it just means I'm exercising a preference.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      I think SGU is just going to be a copy of BSG

I hope so
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Hmm darker people say well i would like to see that to

It could make the show more entertaining or ruin it completely

So for me im going to stay out of this i mean if i were god for bid the writer lol i wouldin,t make the whole show centered around darkness like characters killing each other off and fighting and arguing all the time

I would proberly not make it so much dark as it is good mabey a few really dark episodes now and then just to entertain the fans but the whole show centered around darkness well well the writers are going for broke here

But yet again i dont speak for everyone thats just my opinion XD
        Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

Working...
        X