This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I really like that idea actually. Just the single character surviving would be incredible if done right.

It may not even have to be the main character, instead have someone who may have been recurring or in the background as something a bit different.
    I think that is a great idea. Only 1 person makes it back and have them be a supporting character. Someone who has been with them the whole time and can tell the SGC the story of their sacrafice.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse99 View Post
      It would hardly be new, maybe new to Stargate but not new to TV or Sci-fi in the very least.
      Based on the context, I thought it was clear that I was refering to "new to Stargate".

Comment

It doesn't matter.

Just don't use the phrase "Epic Fail" ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
          It doesn't matter.

Epic Phail, then?
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

Well If you think other Stargate series you notice that few main characters died so I think that the same will happen but the rest will come home safe.

But it woul'd be great change if whole Destiny is destroyed in the end to save Earth.

Or humans aboard just screw something up and destroy that nice little spaceship of ancients
            sigpic
            SGU, cannot wait for more of you

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
              It doesn't matter.

Indeed. "Epic fail" is reserved for stuff like this Marilyn Monroe lookalike contest, not just a simple 'not coming home'
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Gilligans island sucked when they all got home...

Comment

As long as it is well-written, either way would be fine with me.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                    gilligans island sucked when they all got home...
                    lol
                    Meh.

Comment

What would be interesting to see is that they get home but years and years later, like this:

The SGU has forgotten all about them, then one day there is a incoming wormhole, it shows up an IDC for the people of the Icarus base, then they walk throught right before SG-1 is going to take off to do more exploring, but there is only a handful maybe two or three main characters and like one recurring character, then have the General call them in for a breifing then they can descibe how they came home, what happen and so on. Say it the two Doctors (Eli Wallace(David Blue) and Nicholas Rush(Robert Carlyle) and like one or two of the military people and also some random character. After the meeting they arrest Dr. Rush for doing what he did in the first place by sending them to the Destiny on purpose instead of sending them to the SGU. Eli Wallace heads back home or something and finds that everything is different, nothings the same, his family thinks that he has been dead for years, and their shocked/surpised to see him, and so on. That would be a nice ending something different, I'm tired of seeing the same endings in all of the show and movies.......all the main characters live without even a scratch, that's getting kind of old and overdone give me something new and interesting.
                      R.I.P. you will be missed

My Top Five Favorite Quotes/Quips(right now)
                      Spoiler:
                      "Well, it's like my grandma used to say, if at first you don't succeed..."
                      "Try a larger thermonuclear reaction?"
                      "Her words exactly."

"We are beacons on the road to enlightenment."
                      "No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you."
                      "Nice work on the metaphor."
                      "Thank you."

"Will you excuse me? We just don't get out of Cheyenne Mountain enough. I'm gonna grab some air... outside. General, Captain, General... waiter."

"General."
                      "Colonel. We've all met."
                      "Yes, actually we know each other's life stories."
                      "That snippiness?"
                      "Is that a word?"

"If we want to find out who's behind this, we have to do what the Asgard do."
                      "You mean bluff?"
                      "Yep. We just need to do it without revealing what we know."
                      "Which is nothing."
                      "Right. But they don't know we know nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by Xiphias View Post
                        Everybody dies.
                        no i dont think they will all die(eventually they will die) but i dont think they will make it home i would prefer it ending up them not making it home. sounds more realistic

Comment

Working...
                        X