Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human beings are catagorical and generalize everything, its a part of our threat/nothreat mechanism. Its why we will never get along with anything that looks alittle too different from us or believes things alittle too different from what we believe.

Its what keeps cave men children from walking up to the saber tooth tiger and petting it.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
      I wouldn't mind seeing a co-operative of aliens collectively working togethe; altough I think we will probably see independent alien races which either keep to themselves or interact/trade with one another (similar to the trading we've seen in Pegasus) rather than a coallition.
      Pegasus galaxy traded, but they were all human and not different races.

Originally posted by akren View Post
      If a coallition of alien races did exist (similar to the Xindi STARTREK ENTRIPISE); they would most likely see the Destiny as a possible invader or threat (hopefully trading partners! ) - & we all know what that did to ST:E....
      Xindi only partially count because they all evolved on the same planet and were really different offshoots of the same species. Not a coalition of different worlds, but something like the Xindi would be cool.

I would love to see some aquatic species, especially if they could figure out a way to actually interact with on.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
        The only way we know of so far to communicate with Earth is the Ancient communication device we used to contact the Ori. Not sure we know how to replicate the technology and we don't want to give their our only device.
        What happened with the one from atlantis? Did we destroy that one as well?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          What happened with the one from atlantis? Did we destroy that one as well?
          I meant the destiny crew will likely have only one device. The "we" in my statement was referring to the crew of the Destiny. They cannot trade their only device able to contact Earth.
          sigpic

Comment

The talk of an alliances made me think about something. From the limited info we have the 9th Chevron dials the Destiny's gate. But why can't once they are in a galaxy figure out the galaxy's 8th Chevron use the Long Range communication device give the info to the SGC. Then the SGC can go to Atlantis which now has 3 fully powered ZPM's and gate to a planet in that galaxy to get people who are left behind or what not and meet the aliens the Destiny encounters?
            sigpic
            Sig Courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by frostwolf View Post
              The talk of an alliances made me think about something. From the limited info we have the 9th Chevron dials the Destiny's gate. But why can't once they are in a galaxy figure out the galaxy's 8th Chevron use the Long Range communication device give the info to the SGC. Then the SGC can go to Atlantis which now has 3 fully powered ZPM's and gate to a planet in that galaxy to get people who are left behind or what not and meet the aliens the Destiny encounters?
              1) How would those people get home?
              2) They may be too far across the Universe to be reached by an 8 Chevron Address.
              sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see something like a galaxy-wide UN.

Except for the fact that they're a looooooooooooong way away and the Destiny can never stick around for long. I can't see any strong relations being built, TBH.
                Unless they are much more advanced than the Ancients, or even have their own Wormhole Drives...

Comment

We also don't know how powerful the stargate on the Destiny is. They may be able to travel within an entire galaxy and even within the surrounding galaxies from their ship. In which case they could stay in contact with almost anyone is the
                  Spoiler:
                  2 years per galaxy thing is true.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X