X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will we see familiar enemies/aliens? Spoilers for any/all seasons

*SPOILERS FOR "FIRST CONTACT"/"THE LOST TRIBE"!*

Even though Stargate Universe is being describe as a re-energised Stargate, and is hoping to attract new viewers, I highly doubt that there will be no enemies that somehow show up in SGU. Here is a thread where we can speculate on which old enemies could return, and how.

I had an idea that the lost tribe of the Asgard from "First Contact" and "The Lost Tribe" could return. My idea is that just before the Asgard commited mass suicide, when they were trying to find solutions to their cloning problems, they sent out two expeditions. One to Pegasus, which is the lost tribe in SGA, and one to try and find the Destiny/the first ship (the one seeding the planets with Stargates).

Now, either the Destiny comes under attack or is boarded by the Asgard, or the crew of the Destiny catch up with the first ship because the Asgard have attacked it and disabled it. How this story is resolved, I don't know, but I did have an idea about the very, very end. The Destiny cannot get moving again, because its navigation computer is connected to the first ships, and its pre-programmed course is to follow the first ship on its pre-set course. So the crew have to get the first ship moving again, before the Destiny can get moving again.

All of this is speculation on my part.

*Huge wall-o-text over*

(I wish I wasn't a probie!!! arg!!)
    Last edited by Mr Evil 37; 10 April 2009, 12:58 PM. Reason: Needed to put a spoiler warning.

I seriously doubt any old enemies will.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      I seriously doubt any old enemies will.
      indeed SGU takes place wwwaaaaayyyy to far away for anyone from SG1 or SGA to appear
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yes, it does take place extremely far away, but many advanced races the SGC has encountered could probably find the Destiny. The Asgard certainly had the technology, and the Wraith might have too but I don't want the Wraith in SGU at all.

Also, the aliens from The Daedalus Variations definitly should appear somewhere, considering we don't know much about their technology level or where there homeworld is. They could live in one of the galaxies the Destiny travels through and could have travelled to Atlantis in the alternate universe to get the Ancient technology or something. This means that if they do come back they could be trying to find the Destiny.

But it's only speculation, and I do agree that it is unlikely that a lot of previous enemies may return, but still very possible.

Comment

I think the writers have learnt there lesson with the replicators. no more old guys. All new please!
          Some say that he has only one ear.
          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
          All we know is he's called
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
            I think the writers have learnt there lesson with the replicators. no more old guys. All new please!
            it's not just that it just wouldn't make sense

Comment

Please not. It's time to break away from the enemies we already know and find a new angle. This way they can write more freely and avoid that people, such as myself, complain that they are writing species OoC and are wrecking continuity.

The Asgard in Atlantis were probably only returned due to the negative backlash tptb got when they killed them off.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I agree with not bringing back well-developed enemies like the Wraith, Replicators, Ori or Goa'uld, but the lost tribe of the Asgard and the aliens from The Daedalus Variations haven't been explored much and there is still a lot of story there.

Comment

New allies and enemies please. The only thing that should be carried over is the Ancients due to the Destiny being their ship. And even that should be kept to a minimium
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Ok, It seems like I have been over-ruled. I still think it would be a good idea too bring back either the lost tribe of the Asgard or the Daedalus Variations aliens, but If they did come back DO NOT over do it *turns to look at the Michael storyline from SGA which should have ended at the beginning of season 3, thereby freeing up many episode slots on seasons 4 and 5*
                    Last edited by Mr Evil 37; 10 April 2009, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mr evil 37 View Post
                      ok, it seems like i have been over-ruled. I still think it would be a good idea too bring back either the lost tribe of the asgard or the daedalus variations aliens, but if they did come back do not over do it *turns to look at the michael storyline from sga which should have ended at the beginning of season 3, thereby freeing up many episode slots on seasons 4 and 5*
                      ftw

Comment

You would have seen that I mentioned them earlier, but because I'm a probie I have to wait for my posts to be approved.

Comment

I don't really want to see any old enemies. We need some new ones, in my opinion.

Comment

In my opinion there are 4 alien races we have seen before that can be introduced in Universe..

1) Foothold Aliens - Though I don't know what TPTB can do with them that is in any way creative

2) Daedulus Variation Aliens - Possibly in that particular reality, the destiny had already been found and this triggered a pan dimensional war?

3) Lost Tribe Asgard - An alternative to the lost tribe Asgard in another galaxy

4) Replicators - But far to easy to put in episode

Comment

Although it would be nice, for me personally, to see the little grey guys again, i think that the writers should come up with something new and different, ater all that is supposed to be what this series is all about, at least compared to SG-1/SGA.

Comment

Working...
                              X