This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
    now IF it is him in the floor looking a mess, then he may well have seen them pouring through and been trampled as he attempted to help, or hes on the balcony as hes allready there with his science team, and they start pouring through
    It's definitely Rush, unless there are two people wearing a white long-sleeve shirt with a brown short-sleeve shirt and a brown vest.

As for how he got there, given the character type that he is (shady, manipulative, etc.), does he really seem like the type to put himself in physical danger to help others? Further, he appears to have frost in his hair (though that could be an optical illusion), indicating that he just came through the 'Gate.
    "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
    - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
    - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
    - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
      It's definitely Rush, unless there are two people wearing a white long-sleeve shirt with a brown short-sleeve shirt and a brown vest.

As for how he got there, given the character type that he is (shady, manipulative, etc.), does he really seem like the type to put himself in physical danger to help others? Further, he appears to have frost in his hair (though that could be an optical illusion), indicating that he just came through the 'Gate.
      ok ile concede that both are rush, but i have now noticed that where he is on the balcony is either earlier than where he is on the floor or much later, on the balcony he is composed and more cempt then the floor shot. which do you think?

i think the frost is just a trick of the light, the frost was formed by a slight discrepency between the sgc dialing computer and the gate (they didnt do the math rite) it was later fixed (as im shure you know). so actual frost is unlikely unless the departure gate was damaged or it is using an old version of the sgc dialing software (which is also unlikely) (unless the dhd had to be jerry rigged to dial nine), it cant be due to distance as there is no frost from a direct dial between earth and pegasus, if it is frost it will be interesting to find out why

Comment

ok ile concede that both are rush, but i have now noticed that where he is on the balcony is either earlier than where he is on the floor or much later, on the balcony he is composed and more cempt then the floor shot. which do you think?
        We don't know the order, though my guess would be that the floor shot happened first and he pulled himself together in the time after.

i think the frost is just a trick of the light, the frost was formed by a slight discrepency between the sgc dialing computer and the gate (they didnt do the math rite) it was later fixed (as im shure you know). so actual frost is unlikely unless the departure gate was damaged or it is using an old version of the sgc dialing software (which is also unlikely) (unless the dhd had to be jerry rigged to dial nine), it cant be due to distance as there is no frost from a direct dial between earth and pegasus, if it is frost it will be interesting to find out why
        Well, this shot would indicate that people are coming through with frost.

As for the reason, I'm going to have to guess that it is because of the distances involved. The reason that early 'Gate travel had the frost was because the SCG's dialing computer couldn't "aim" the 'Gate properly. There is reason to believe that the Destiny is somewhere around a billion light years away, if not more. Compared to that, Pegasus (3 million light years is spitting distance. Thus any inaccuracy in the Stargate's aiming system, even one that is insignificant over the distance between Earth and Pegasus, would be multiplied a hundred times when dialing the Destiny.
        "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
        - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
        - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
        - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
          We don't know the order, though my guess would be that the floor shot happened first and he pulled himself together in the time after.

Well, this shot would indicate that people are coming through with frost.

As for the reason, I'm going to have to guess that it is because of the distances involved. The reason that early 'Gate travel had the frost was because the SCG's dialing computer couldn't "aim" the 'Gate properly. There is reason to believe that the Destiny is somewhere around a billion light years away, if not more. Compared to that, Pegasus (3 million light years is spitting distance. Thus any inaccuracy in the Stargate's aiming system, even one that is insignificant over the distance between Earth and Pegasus, would be multiplied a hundred times when dialing the Destiny.
          yes that could be frost, i think it may be debris and dust caused by the icarus base being bombarded, (lets not forget sci-fi shows love there dust, even atlantis shead dust when it took off dispite it being unlikely there was any construction material that sheds dust like concrete) and the frost or dust it trailing out behind him like dust would where as frost sticks

Comment

RC's hair is very fine so when it's blown all over it could well look that... fine. And as for the teeth, they're not missing, just not straight - he doesn't have Hollywood choppers
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X