X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
    So from the new trailer....
    Spoiler:
    Also is it just me or are people falling out from the middle of the Destiny's gate? What did they do, pole vault into the wormhole?
    Rough journey, I imagine due to the distance away.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
      As in...a bunch of people pull and spin the big wheel themselves? That would be rough

I was under the impression that the kino might have something to do with it, or whatever they use to control the kino. Wasn't there some mention of a remote?
      I know...that'd be rough. That's why they need the iGate!
      sigpic

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...season1_22.jpg Rear of the Stargate.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          And what a nice rear it is!
          sigpic

Comment

After being away for a while and reading through each post on this thread, I gotta say, seriously? An iGate? WHAAA?!

Anyway, yeap, I too feel the orb (as I call it) looks stupid, the chevrons have no purpose other than be a source of light when the gate starts spinning. (which was why I said on another thread that if the chevrons were purple in colour, the gate room would have looked like a nightclub as 9 purpled colour chevrons spun round).

Regarding which gate came first, I'm going with the MW, then SGU gate then PG gates.

Whilst I was reading through the posts, I realised that if the Ancients hadn't been there before on that particular galaxy to seed the worlds with human life then there's no Dakara device; and if it's true with what another member had said about no need for a DHD cos Ancients aren't there to use the gates then the kinos the only thing they can use.

Going back to full circle, can the offworld gates be used without an orb on top of them or an apparent source of power?
            Last edited by JackHarkness_Hot; 25 July 2009, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
              So from the new trailer....

Spoiler:
              It appears to have a shield like the one in Atlantis. However I hope its old and less advanced, making it prone to failure. As that would be a fun twist.

Also the trailer showed that stupid Fairgrounbd light, ARGH I hate it, looks so stupid

Spoiler:
              Also is it just me or are people falling out from the middle of the Destiny's gate? What did they do, pole vault into the wormhole?
              Lol I noticed this at the very end of the Trailer its not because of a long journey"

Its because the Destiny is
              Spoiler:
              In some speed faster than light or it may be in hyperspace but i doubt that that's the reason there flying in through the gate just because of the speed the ships going or the Destiny is Inverted and the Gravity just takes over from there lol
              Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

Spoiler:
                Or maybe... the base they were in was blowing up and the guy was running and an explosion blasted him through the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Or maybe... the base they were in was blowing up and the guy was running and an explosion blasted him through the gate.
                  Hahahaha id love it if this was the case lol he looked like superman hahahaha lol that part cracks me up
                  Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
                    'Kawooshed out of existence'

Love it. Will have to use it somewhere.
                    Indeed.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                    Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by SGU Scotsman View Post
                      Hahahaha id love it if this was the case lol he looked like superman hahahaha lol that part cracks me up
                      It would be funny if we saw that happen everytime.

"Hey Guys I got us a crate of new Alien plates, bowls and cups so we no longer have to use are hands!"

*Crate flies through Stargate.... SMASH*
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

From the trailer, I do like the sound of the symbol locking, (I would say chevron but it isn't really anything to do with the chevrons on this gate).

Comment

I've loved the gate in the video clips we've seen! It looks awesome!
                          sigpic

Comment

Aye, it does look sweet.

Comment

I seen people agrue over whether the Destiny's gate would have a gate shield, similar to the one Atlantis' gate has.

Well the answer looks like a
                              Spoiler:
                              yes.

As proved by the screencap

Any thoughts?
                              Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

I may be wrong but I don't think that's a shield
                                Spoiler:
                                It looks asif the Icarus base gate blows up causing the destiny gate to cut out, this is what I think we're seeing, the wormhole disengaging with a hint of the explosion from the icarus base.

Comment

Working...
                                X