Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would some alien race think this ship is a invader?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunner15 View Post
    i know of a few episodes where Thor does go through the gate... cant remember which ones but i am 95% sure he goes through more than twice
    Small victories is one of them, because he didn't have a ship. The other one i can't remember.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic View Post
      a gate was never seen in the Ori Galaxy, besides the super gates.
      The Priors came through Stargates from somewhere.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chevron670 View Post
        if the asgard use the gate they must have zpms or a power source equivelent to a zpm because there in another galaxy... if they did why didnt earth just ask them for it or one that they could build for them to use it to get to atlantis instead of using the deadalus..... or the prometheus in "prometheus unbound"!!!
        Didn't the Asgard give us all of their technology before they blew up their planet? Or was it just an historical record?
        sigpic

Comment

either these aliens will be the main villian in the first season, or a one shot in a later season

Comment

Originally posted by chevron670 View Post
            if the asgard use the gate they must have zpms or a power source equivelent to a zpm because there in another galaxy... if they did why didnt earth just ask them for it or one that they could build for them to use it to get to atlantis instead of using the deadalus..... or the prometheus in "prometheus unbound"!!!
            Well, we know that the Asgards powergenerators are pretty powerful so these are probably enough for cross galaxy travel.
            Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
            Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

i imagine they will encounter all sorts of aliens including those who see them as enemies for whatever the reason. its gonna basically be similar to voyager so it would seem.

Comment

Ok it's a follow up ship. But what if some alien race gets a hold of it and think this ship is prelude to an invasion of humans or a away to wipe them out and replace their race with humans.From what we've seen the Alterans have seeded 3 galaxies and made humans one of the Dominate species in those Galaxies .
                The Ancients only seeded one galaxy that we know of. The Milky Way was probably teeming with life when they got here. The Dakara devise was used to re-create life in the Milky Way. They probably seeded us, but that must have been long before the Plague, but there's no evidence that they seeded life on any other planets in the Milky Way.

We hardly know anything about the Ori Galaxy. We know that the Ori seeded human life across that galaxy, but they aren't exactly the Alterans...

Who say we didn't?

Comment

It ould depend ho the race are like the wraith or like the nox also a less advanced race would attack if it dropped out over there homeorld and placed something on the surface that could be a weapon so fear for defence unlike a advanced race who could tell if it was a weapon or not also they would be powerful enough to defend themselves
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                    1) Maybe the ship is programmed to avoid those planets altogether and only seed human populated ones
                    One problem with that. Ancients seeded human life. So, if it were to plant gates only on human-populated worlds...it'd be a hell of a short voyage. Hey, maybe the Destiny is on the edge of Pegasus, and they simply don't realise it until a puddle jumper flies by the front window...
                    Assuming Atlantis goes back, that is.

Comment

I'm predicting SGU only meets friendly Alien races and there is virtually no conflict whatsoever.

Not really. There will be at least one oppressive evil race that likely controls other races and/or just a couple of races that hate us. I'm hoping for a race like our own (not in appearance) but in that some of them are good and some bad. Not all alien races act as a unit all the time.
                      sigpic

Comment

I wonder what will happen when/if the Destiny arrives at the Star Wars galaxy
                        One Ring to rule the Dark Side
                        sigpic
                        Sith Nazghul

Comment

Originally posted by Makenshi View Post
                          I wonder what will happen when/if the Destiny arrives at the Star Wars galaxy
                          Lots of CGI, wooden acting and poor dialogue if the prequels are any indication.

I think, and it has been said before in this thread, they'll find at least one race that hates the humans (or ancients) and they'll have to fight them off. This'll lead to ship invasions, people being captured and rescued, etc...

I'm fine with it as long as they don't make every alien race act like they do in most shows, that is as a species with a single culture and no diversity.
                          Signed,

Gregorius
                          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                            1) Maybe the ship is programmed to avoid those planets altogether and only seed human populated ones

2) If the alien species is advanced enough to know what the Stargate does and who the Ancients are, then they should know that the primary purpose of the gate is for travel, not invasion.

3) The Ancients want to seed the galaxy with Stargates; how an alien or human race choose to use it (invasion, exploration, etc.) is of little or no concern to them, considering their "non-interference" policy.
                            I really hope there are no human civilizations in SGU, unless their DIRECT descendants of a crew that once manned the Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                              I'm fine with it as long as they don't make every alien race act like they do in most shows, that is as a species with a single culture and no diversity.
                              Agreed!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                                This has always been a decent point of contention for me as well. I understands that it's hard to deal with this in the confines of a single episode, but it'd be nice to see more often than we have in the past.
                                Sig by Pandora's Box
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X