Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because there has been no evidence to support the contrary.

If/when the show presents some, I'm sure everyone will re-evaluate the assumption.

Then your assertion will be validated and you can feel vindicated in your poor spelling of the word Ancient! Hell, I'll even start spelling it that way in your honor!

Comment

Well I agree that there are definitely soem contradicories in there..

I think all we can *assume* is that the ancients would have taken a look at the MW before they returned, I know a lot of things that seem like common sense don't take place in stargate but im fairly sure that the asgard-ancient relationship must have happened while they were still at war with the wraith, between 10,000 and 20,000ish years ago.

Just an extra bit to add.. I belive this is purely speculative but it's something that IO have always gone by. The planet where theyb found reece, the andoird, that the MW replicators came from. To me, that planet has always been an ancient planet, somewhere where they went after they returned. The Tollan are the most advanced 'human' race that we have encountered thus far and I don't think they matched the level of technology on this android, which of coarse, created the replicators... which it was in fact mroe advanced than.. and then they formed the human forms, similar tot he original asuran replicators.

Yadda yadda yadda.. all speculative of coarse. but I think you have to be on this show, wouldnt be much fun otherwise

Comment

But Morgan Le Fay said that the Lantians only realized that they could not rebuild their empire after they returned to the Milky Way which suggests that there were no Ancients left in the Milky Way, otherwise they would have communiated with each other over the eons, and that no Lantians returned to earth until their defeat by the Wraith 10,000 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
          The meeting place of the Alliance was in Heliopolis, which is in the Milky Way, and the architecture is "old Ancient" design.
          So because the "old ancients" built it that invalidates it as a meeting place for the alliance? I'm not quite sure I follow you. If you can explain that one further I'd appreciate it.

Also, the evil Asgards said that they went to Pegasus to conduct their experiments so they wouldn't be hindered by the Council which means that the Asgard had no presence in Pegasus, it also suggests that they could have gone somewhere else to conduct their experiments and the only other place with humans is the Milky Way.
          Why does the Asgard not having a presence in Pegasus pre-Vanir mean that there was no alliance between the Asgard and the Lanteans? Their meeting place was in the Milky Way. The Nox are currently present in the MW and the Furlings were present in at least 1 planet in the MW with no mention of them coming from another galaxy, thats already 2 races that we have reason to believe were based in the MW and since thats already two of the four races that makes it as good a reason as any to meet in the MW. The Vanir experimented on humans and the only two places we know for sure humans exist is in Pegasus and the Milky Way (excluding Ori galaxy(s) which are god knows where), if the Asgard were in the MW making sure that the Vanir do not experiment on humans its only natural they would try in Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
            So because the "old ancients" built it that invalidates it as a meeting place for the alliance? I'm not quite sure I follow you. If you can explain that one further I'd appreciate it.
            Because Heliopolis is "old Ancient," the Alliance couldn't have been created after the Ancients left for Pegasus, otherwise the construction and technology in Heliopolis would be "new Ancient." The Alliance had to have been created millions of years ago before the Ancients left. However, since the Asgard are only 100,000 years old, that couldn't have happened.

Why does the Asgard not having a presence in Pegasus pre-Vanir mean that there was no alliance between the Asgard and the Lanteans? Their meeting place was in the Milky Way. The Nox are currently present in the MW and the Furlings were present in at least 1 planet in the MW with no mention of them coming from another galaxy, thats already 2 races that we have reason to believe were based in the MW and since thats already two of the four races that makes it as good a reason as any to meet in the MW. The Vanir experimented on humans and the only two places we know for sure humans exist is in Pegasus and the Milky Way (excluding Ori galaxy(s) which are god knows where), if the Asgard were in the MW making sure that the Vanir do not experiment on humans its only natural they would try in Pegasus.
            Except that there were no Ancients left in the Milky Way after they left for Atlantis. Morgan Le Fay pretty much confirmed that when she told Daniel about how after the Lantians returned, they saw that earth was full of primitives and knew that they had no chance of rebuilding their empire. If there were Ancients left in the Milky Way, there would have been communications between the two groups and the Lantians would have known what to expect when they returned. Not to mention the fact that if there were still Ancients in the Milky Way then the Lantians would have still been able to rebuild the Ancient empire. Therefore the Alliance couldn't have been formed after the Atlantis left for Pegasus so the whole Alliance thing is a big plot hole.

Comment

Because Heliopolis is "old Ancient," the Alliance couldn't have been created after the Ancients left for Pegasus, otherwise the construction and technology in Heliopolis would be "new Ancient." The Alliance had to have been created millions of years ago before the Ancients left. However, since the Asgard are only 100,000 years old, that couldn't have happened.
              Okay I have no idea why you think that is evidence supporting your position. The Jaffa use the buildings on Dakara for their government buildings, they didn't build it, it wasn't originally intended to be Jaffa government buildings but they use them all the same.

Just because old ancients built Heliopolis it does not mean the Lanteans could not have moved in and used it for the Alliance meeting place - perhaps it held some historical value for them, bottom line is it doesn't matter who built it or how old it is, for all we know it was originally an Ancient outpost and later converted to a meeting place.

Except that there were no Ancients left in the Milky Way after they left for Atlantis. Morgan Le Fay pretty much confirmed that when she told Daniel about how after the Lantians returned, they saw that earth was full of primitives and knew that they had no chance of rebuilding their empire. If there were Ancients left in the Milky Way, there would have been communications between the two groups and the Lantians would have known what to expect when they returned. Not to mention the fact that if there were still Ancients in the Milky Way then the Lantians would have still been able to rebuild the Ancient empire. Therefore the Alliance couldn't have been formed after the Atlantis left for Pegasus so the whole Alliance thing is a big plot hole.
              Again, the Lanteans don't have to be living in the MW to firstly setup an Alliance or to meet in the MW. They have ships capable of intergalactic travel, they can drop in on Heliopolis, or the Nox or go to Ida to visit the Asgard whenever they wish.

I'm not sure why you keep going on about there being no ancients living in the MW, it seems irrelevant to the discussion.

My position doesn't require there to be ancients living in the MW but I don't see how Morgan La Fey could know the events spanning the millions of years between Atlantis leaving Earth and her birth around 10,000 years ago, unless ascension grants you the knowledge of all things past and present it would be impossible for her to know exactly what happened in the MW millions of years ago.
              Last edited by Sami_; 09 June 2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                The Alliance of the Four Great Races occurred much later on. The Destiny and the seeder ships were created by the Ancients long before they met any of the other races and created the alliance.
                They may have been aware of eachother before their was any alliiance.

Also the Furlings had those teleporters to different planets (well a moon).

(I think someone said something about the Ancients not having seeded many stargates - therefore they could not have met the asgard?). The "teleporters" may be like the Iconian gateway from star-trek - it can travel vast distances accross planets or perhaps galaxys - find a planet with potential life and teleport there.

I think Nox and Ancients are native to the milkyway, Furlings may be also, but not much is known about Furlings.

For the Four Great Races Alliance - (I'm not up on that bit of the time line) maby the Ancients perfected the time machine (that Janus? made on a mass scale).

They tried one before that didn't work, (but Janus' time ship did) Since they were already trying to avoid their fate (as shown in one of the episodes with the fauly time machine).

The Ancients could have gone back/forward in time (which ever way they needed to do for the Alliance to work).

I mean those that could not ascend would be more likley to use the time machine than die out - they were already trying it before. And there is evidence of it because in "its good to be king" episode their is a recording by someone who has used a time travel device to record it on the stones for the the "prophecies" - So someone in the Milky way did get a time travel device to work.
                I Have Information...

Comment

Originally posted by *Crash* View Post
                  I think Nox and Ancients are native to the milkyway, Furlings may be also, but not much is known about Furlings.
                  The ancients are not native to the milky way, they left their home galaxy rather than fight the Ori.

Comment

Your point about 'old ancient' and 'new ancient' tech is true, but that's assuming the ancients were the race of the 4 that even built the place, I think it was more similar to the buildings of the furlings, on their planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                      The ancients are not native to the milky way, they left their home galaxy rather than fight the Ori.
                      Ah yeah, your right i think.

I wasn't sure if they were in the Milky way - then went to the Ori Galaxy then some turned into Ori and the others went back to the Milky way Galaxy/Pegasus.
                      I Have Information...

Comment

Working...
                      X