Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An onboard ancient armory with weapons like those of the Asurans is my bet anyway

Comment

We have access to the full repository of the Asgard, we have an Ancient city, outpost and other various technolgies and we have a host of other alien technology more advanced than what we had in Season 1 of SG-1.

Bottom line, we should be using more advanced guns, medicine, body armor and anything else we can.
      sigpic

Comment

We can't use the obvious stuff we would be using or it makes the show too unrealistic for the design. Imagine personal shields, personal cloaks and energy weapons on every soldier.

But I am kinda getting sick of seeing SG teams carrying 9mm sidearms when they have never been effective really. In SG1 they fixed this by wearing Zats. But in Atlantis they kept to the 9mm instead of using the Wraith or Ancient stunner.

Comment

Originally posted by User45701 View Post
          I did a quick search. P90 and styer-AUG are my 2 fav weapons. Ive personally trained on the Styer but always loved the look and style of the P90 in SG1.

Any word what weapons the team will have?
          ile see your styer and rais you the as90, i used to use theese. not a personal weapon but you certainly wouldnt want one pointed at you

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
            We can't use the obvious stuff we would be using or it makes the show too unrealistic for the design. Imagine personal shields, personal cloaks and energy weapons on every soldier.

But I am kinda getting sick of seeing SG teams carrying 9mm sidearms when they have never been effective really. In SG1 they fixed this by wearing Zats. But in Atlantis they kept to the 9mm instead of using the Wraith or Ancient stunner.
            zats we can trade for from our allies, there are thousands around. the anchient hand weapons and wraith stunners may have been shiped to area 51 for study. and perhaps they didnot take zats as they dont want to leave that kind of weapon around fot types like the genii to capture (one shot stuns, two shots kill, three dissintigrates) its a far more dangeroius weapon in the wrong hands than almost any other personal arm in the entirety of stargate

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
              probably P-90s. *sigh*
              i doubt i will ever see anyone with a flame thrower in the stargate franchise
              seeing teal'c with a flameflower would be the most amazing thing ever

Comment

flame thrower** lost the ability to spell

Comment

Personally, I think that the SGU team will find ancient energy based weapons on board the ship that they would use until they get into contact with Earth (if they do) to receive more ammunition for the most epic p90's XD

Comment

The Zats don't disintegrate after 3 shots anymore I don't think. I am pretty sure it is something they decided wasn't very good. And got rid of it. But yea I want to see the team with the Ancient stunners they used.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                      The Zats don't disintegrate after 3 shots anymore I don't think. I am pretty sure it is something they decided wasn't very good. And got rid of it. But yea I want to see the team with the Ancient stunners they used.
                      well the wrighters were daft enough to make it do it the once and we fans have long memories, so 3 wshots disintigrates it is. how bloody long can you leave it between shots (i very nearly put an i not an o) so you dont kill or disintigrate the person you shoot. and even more curious how large of an object can you disintigrate (it would have been hilarious to see our favourite former first prime running around disintigrating h'tak class ships with a single zat

itd have made for a short series

we should fit large versions to ships to stun crews of ships we dont want to destroy or want to capture

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                        probably P-90s. *sigh*
                        i doubt i will ever see anyone with a flame thrower in the stargate franchise
                        I'm guessing you're joking. A flamethrower is horribly inefficient and is only cool in video games. P90's are an integral part of Stargate. Of course they'll have them!

Comment

If I see P90s one more time I will throw up in disgust. As has been pointed out in this thread, they have access to much better personal fighting tech, and if 304s with beam weapons can be built, and Rodney and Zalenka can build a wormhole drive, then surely they can do better then bullets!

The x699 was just a designed to fail larger then necessary prop. But they should be carrying around the real thing by now. And they should have personal force fields of some sort I think.
                          ---------------------
                          sigpic
                          Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

personal forcefields would be very overpowered dont you think? it wouldnt really make it exciting. Maybe they would have a very limited supply or something, but i dont see anything more happening.

also remember the trip to destiny wasnt planned by the SGC, so they wouldnt have the best equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
                              If I see P90s one more time I will throw up in disgust. As has been pointed out in this thread, they have access to much better personal fighting tech, and if 304s with beam weapons can be built, and Rodney and Zalenka can build a wormhole drive, then surely they can do better then bullets!

The x699 was just a designed to fail larger then necessary prop. But they should be carrying around the real thing by now. And they should have personal force fields of some sort I think.
                              Why do we assume that an energy based weapon is better than bullets for ground combat? The end result is the same. Bullets are terribly efficient in killing living things. A P90 was proved to be a much better weapon of killing in the episode "Warrior" than a staff weapon, which is energy based. Bullets have no problem killing even the toughest of foes in the Wraith. They kill Jaffa, Gou'ald, Humans, Unas, etc. I would hate to see them move onto something like phasers from Star Trek with energy weapons. It would look like the 80's G.I. Joe cartoon in combat.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
                                Why do we assume that an energy based weapon is better than bullets for ground combat? The end result is the same. Bullets are terribly efficient in killing living things. A P90 was proved to be a much better weapon of killing in the episode "Warrior" than a staff weapon, which is energy based. Bullets have no problem killing even the toughest of foes in the Wraith. They kill Jaffa, Gou'ald, Humans, Unas, etc. I would hate to see them move onto something like phasers from Star Trek with energy weapons. It would look like the 80's G.I. Joe cartoon in combat.
                                you forgot the replicators, ONLY bullets have any effect for causing damage. if they are underequipt and cut off how will they carry on using bullets, they may find a race who will trade things similar enough to bulllets for us to use, even in pegasus we could probably have made use of the projectiles the genii use. but what do we do if there are no things we can use

Comment

Working...
                                X