This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    u know if they dont get those Actress For Tamara Jon and Chloe Walker cast i dont think anyone will be happy i mean just cast the damn roles. too bad they just dont cancelled Universe for at least a couple of years and let Atlantis Get another 2 seasons.
    I believe they have already been cast. SciFi just hasn't said anything yet
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I reckon it's been delayed because the chef was from Tulac and was poisoning everyone with his original recipes...

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

I was under the impression that filming was supposed to start on the 16th...If that's the case, then "next week" doesn't mean another delay. Of course, I may be wrong about that date...

Comment

i dont think they are casting new people for the female leads.its more likely they are finishing some recurring and guest stars for the pilot and have to work out the contracts still.and the new cast members ahve to go through gun training and costume fittings as well as actually get up to vancouver.....or they just so damn awesome they want to make us wait....or they enjoy reading our complaints about the lack of anouncements and are doing it for the hell of it.

Comment

Could be any reason. Casting, set problems, etc.

When they start filming, they will let us know!!!
            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
              I was under the impression that filming was supposed to start on the 16th...If that's the case, then "next week" doesn't mean another delay. Of course, I may be wrong about that date...
              BC Film Commission's website said February 11th.
              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Because the airing date has been moved to october, it was originally summer, so why not have a slight delay now and work more on the scripts, refine the sets/costumes. With the airing date push way back they just decided to take easy and have more prep time.

Nothing to do with casting me thinks, their bound to be lots scenes capable of being shot without the girls.
                Last edited by knowles2; 12 February 2009, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I believe they have already been cast. SciFi just hasn't said anything yet

Last week, the actors were in gun school. This week, they’ll all be taking part in a relaxed rehearsal. Oh, and if you’re wondering, we’ve finished casting. Interesting news on the ladies coming your way next week - Chloe, Tamara, and Wray.
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

It's a new cast, so you have to allow them time to get the training they need and get to know the other cast members somewhat plus rehearsal times. It does not sound like anything has been pushed back, filming wise. As someone else just posted they were in gun school last week, and this week would be some relaxed rehearsals.

The show's airdate was pushed back not due to filming or conflicts, but due to the fact that autumn has proven to be better in ratings than summer. Summer has longer days and people just are not home to watch the show. They want to give Universe the best possible chance for viewers and that's with an autumn start up. Have a look, not many popular shows will begin airing before late August/September. This decision was based on the many years of ratings studies.
                    sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandria7 View Post
                      It's a new cast, so you have to allow them time to get the training they need and get to know the other cast members somewhat plus rehearsal times. It does not sound like anything has been pushed back, filming wise. As someone else just posted they were in gun school last week, and this week would be some relaxed rehearsals.

The show's airdate was pushed back not due to filming or conflicts, but due to the fact that autumn has proven to be better in ratings than summer. Summer has longer days and people just are not home to watch the show. They want to give Universe the best possible chance for viewers and that's with an autumn start up. Have a look, not many popular shows will begin airing before late August/September. This decision was based on the many years of ratings studies.
                      actually, having SGU premiere during the fall schedule isn't all that great, as it's going up against new NETWORK fare, which more people watch. I don't believe there was any article stipulating why they changed to a fall debut instead of summer, which has been the historical debut for the SG shows.

Comment

Actually, there was an article on sci fi about this. I shall try to find it. (I don't think it was a strange dream I had or anything lol).

The article stated that among the highest rated shows of Stargate Atlantis were the Lost Tribe and Enemy at the Gate which scored better ratings than the summer episodes. They concluded that Sci Fi can now compete with the prime networks, given their ratings with Stargate and Sanctuary. (Honestly, Friday is notorious for lower ratings on the main networks)

Given this evidence, the article stated that starting Stargate later would prove to be better as the lowest ratings always occurred in the summer.

I'll try to find that article.

Edit:

Well go figure, I cannot seem to track it down. I know it mentioned ratings from the Lost Tribe as part of the argument to air in the fall. From a television industry perspective (at least from when I worked at NBC), Fridays are not "good" days for shows to air on the main networks. Good shows will air Monday through Thursday with the heavy hitters usually on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Shows that aren't making the ratings grade sometimes will get moved to Friday or Sunday evenings as those evenings are usually (not always) result in a smaller audience. NBC is of course notorious for airing it's million versions of Law and Order (repeat episodes) on these nights. I doubt much has changed in the couple of years since I left. This leaves the door open for cable networks to step in and beat out the competition easily. I guess I'm saying that Universe won't have stiff competition if it airs on Friday night, and it will likely gain momentum airing next to Sanctuary. Pairing those two shows up really is a win-win situation.
                        Last edited by Alexandria7; 15 February 2009, 05:22 PM.
                        sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

It will be nice to hear when they start filming. To know that our next Stargate adventure has officially taken it's first steps.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandria7 View Post
                            Actually, there was an article on sci fi about this. I shall try to find it. (I don't think it was a strange dream I had or anything lol).

The article stated that among the highest rated shows of Stargate Atlantis were the Lost Tribe and Enemy at the Gate which scored better ratings than the summer episodes. They concluded that Sci Fi can now compete with the prime networks, given their ratings with Stargate and Sanctuary. (Honestly, Friday is notorious for lower ratings on the main networks)

Given this evidence, the article stated that starting Stargate later would prove to be better as the lowest ratings always occurred in the summer.

I'll try to find that article.

Edit:

Well go figure, I cannot seem to track it down. I know it mentioned ratings from the Lost Tribe as part of the argument to air in the fall. From a television industry perspective (at least from when I worked at NBC), Fridays are not "good" days for shows to air on the main networks. Good shows will air Monday through Thursday with the heavy hitters usually on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Shows that aren't making the ratings grade sometimes will get moved to Friday or Sunday evenings as those evenings are usually (not always) result in a smaller audience. NBC is of course notorious for airing it's million versions of Law and Order (repeat episodes) on these nights. I doubt much has changed in the couple of years since I left. This leaves the door open for cable networks to step in and beat out the competition easily. I guess I'm saying that Universe won't have stiff competition if it airs on Friday night, and it will likely gain momentum airing next to Sanctuary. Pairing those two shows up really is a win-win situation.
                            I remember that article too so you're not imagining things
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              I remember that article too so you're not imagining things
                              Thanks, good to know. lol
                              sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Also airing in the Autumn could be a smart move to do in a recession, when people are staying in more and not going out as often.

Comment

Working...
                                X